2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

6 hours ago, Mike said:

I just think it’s weird that you want to start Jake Kelly or Miles Fox because they can “grow into” a role but you don’t want to let Kramdi “grow into” his role and you didn’t want to let Evan Holm “grow into” his role.

The messaging is inconsistent and let’s be honest, it’s no different than the major beef you seem to have with O’Shea: he plays favourites. So do you, they just aren’t his favourites. At least admit it 😂

Kramdi doesnt have the skill set...his growth is peaked/minimal....Fox doesnt need to grow...he needs to play...should have already, unless someone else blows his pants off and thats a good thing then as we are in even better shape...Its not about growth...its about talent to do it now at a better level....and get better...u can grow on the PR or as a back-up...behind the better player...and maybe one day if you eat your vitamin and say your prayers u will surpass daddy's favorite

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Booch is remarkably consistent actually. There's just certain player types he likes and some he doesn't.

yeah...the better one...one who earns his spot...one who deserves it

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

100% this.

wrong...Jackson was a Yank...I could give an **** where a guy comes from...it's about putting best player out there...recruiting for it and not settling or standing pat

1 hour ago, bluedawg said:

Haven't been using this forum for long, but find it remarkable how hard-headed and negative a few of the folks on here are......

Having an opinion and voicing it on a forum like this is exactly what it's for but some of what I see on here crosses the line from supporting the team to arrogance and name-calling. It's really really weird to me.

Shouldn't the discussion on here be about which new young rookies are stepping up from the ones on here that have come to practices to watch so far? This is supposed to be a time for excitement not dumping on Redha Kramdi (who seems to be a decent player coming into his own).

Don't want to ruffle any feathers in here but golly where's the positivity in what should be a hopeful time of the year!!!!!!!

Worth putting into context: some of us have been discussing football with eachother for nearly 20 years

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Worth putting into context: some of us have been discussing football with eachother for nearly 20 years

Very true, but I always understand the viewpoint of new people coming in and being turned off by it. 

I was a lurker on ourbombers but never posted because the people already had these built in dynamics and it was really hard to break into the conversation. 

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Obviously huge thanks to Derek for coming on here with reports. Greatly appreciated. 

Also thanks to Our Man Tait for his daily camp reports. This one in particular is interesting as many of us were pleading to have Haba get more time last year... And hopefully he's on pace to break through this year....

DE is always a position I expect to make more  of an impact in year 2. 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Think bighill might be my biggest concern at linebacker. Thought Kramdi played well and was noticeable in good ways during the later part of the season. 

I don’t think kramdi even is a top 3 to 5 concern of mine. 

1. tackle 2  defensive tackle 3  defensive end opposite Jefferson 

4  BA  5  Bighill 

Kick returner is a bigger concern also  

yeah not in my top 5  

Schmekel not gonna be on game day roster  he’s a cut or pr bound since we start a cdn DT  

Im very concerned about Bighill going into the season. He looked absolutely done at times last season with zero speed and missed tackles all over the field. And with Clements gone and Cole shifting to a different position the Bombers have shockingly shown zero interest in bringing in anyone else with CFL experience to even spell him during the season, let alone grooming someone to be his replacement(which will need to happen in the very very near future). This could be a major issue this season.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Very true, but I always understand the viewpoint of new people coming in and being turned off by it. 

I was a lurker on ourbombers but never posted because the people already had these built in dynamics and it was really hard to break into the conversation. 

I think that’s more of a message board thing in general rather than a MBB/OB thing, but I will say I felt what you’re saying wayyy more on OB (and TEP) like 06-11ish. 

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

**** sakes... Going on 21 or 22 I reckon....

thats actually crazy eh?

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

U just need to jump in....be real....and dont waver...flip flop and look like a weakling lol....in the end its all in good fun and the discussion here...I hold no grudges....or dislikres...I stick to my oponions and what I like/want and take on all discussooin...whether supportive or challenging...it all good

33 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Im very concerned about Bighill going into the season. He looked absolutely done at times last season with zero speed and missed tackles all over the field. And with Clements gone and Cole shifting to a different position the Bombers have shockingly shown zero interest in bringing in anyone else with CFL experience to even spell him during the season, let alone grooming someone to be his replacement(which will need to happen in the very very near future). This could be a major issue this season.

I agree with your concerns over Bighill... but the team is clearly looking to start grooming LB replacements... we have 5 new American LBs and 2 new Global LBs in camp this year... I'd expect one or two of those Americans to stick around and hopefully start earning some playing time.... plus Cole could still be in line for the WIL spot if Wilson has injuries... plus if I recall, I believe this Max Charbonneau kid out of of Ottawa comes with some pedigree and people were excited to see what he brings (I could be thinking of someone else)

35 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He was real banged up last year. If he’s taking full reps in the first days of tc, you can expect he’s recovered. 
 I think it’s a good sign as well that we have Moses and Petrishen in camp this year. Some of the past tcs we haven’t brought in any competition. 
I think Cole will flow to the first opening. Be it by injury, suckage combination of those or what ever else. 
It makes sense to give him reps at S now, even if we plan to have him at lber. It doesn’t cost us any thing and it bakes in some positional flexibility.  Though Cole at S would be terrifying for opposition wrs. 

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I agree with your concerns over Bighill... but the team is clearly looking to start grooming LB replacements... we have 5 new American LBs and 2 new Global LBs in camp this year... I'd expect one or two of those Americans to stick around and hopefully start earning some playing time.... plus Cole could still be in line for the WIL spot if Wilson has injuries... plus if I recall, I believe this Max Charbonneau kid out of of Ottawa comes with some pedigree and people were excited to see what he brings (I could be thinking of someone else)

yep. And they are very high on Charbonneau indeed. Plus gauthier played out of his mind in the gc. 

I don’t even see a problem with wavering if more information becomes available. 
For example, early 2022, I still thought we for sure needed an American running back. Brady’s play totally took a 180 and I was glad to change my opinion. 
Something like: Having no interior DL who could push the pocket and 2 gassed out DEs cost us the last 2 Grey cups. That’s a hill I’ll die on. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

For example, early 2022, I still thought we for sure needed an American running back. Brady’s play totally took a 180 and I was glad to change my opinion. 
Something like: Having no interior DL who could push the pocket and 2 gassed out DEs cost us the last 2 Grey cups. That’s a hill I’ll die on. 

Yeah, opinions & views changing with discussion or more information is fine.   Time will usually tell if those opinions are correct (like Brady proved to you).

Only really an issue if people are wavering & flip flopping in their opinions from one comment to the next.

25 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

definitely wasn't the only reason... but can't disagree with your point

20 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I'm on that hill as well....and looking at a couple other lil mounds of crappolla too lol

31 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He was real banged up last year. If he’s taking full reps in the first days of tc, you can expect he’s recovered. 
 I think it’s a good sign as well that we have Moses and Petrishen in camp this year. Some of the past tcs we haven’t brought in any competition. 
I think Cole will flow to the first opening. Be it by injury, suckage combination of those or what ever else. 
It makes sense to give him reps at S now, even if we plan to have him at lber. It doesn’t cost us any thing and it bakes in some positional flexibility.  Though Cole at S would be terrifying for opposition wrs. 

yep. And they are very high on Charbonneau indeed. Plus gauthier played out of his mind in the gc. 

If Biggie is actually healthy....as I know for a fact last year he played all yr banged up....and then the Grey Cup Fiasco...he should be very serviceable if we actually roster rotation pieces...Really hope Moses steps up and shows a lot on teams, and grabs that DI spot Cole had last year, and is allowed to take reps on defence and learn from Biggie and Wilon while he terrorizes on teams...If he is 100 percent healthy I can see him being a long term answer there...Don't sleep on Ayers either

Cole needs to be in the starting lineup taking 80% of reps somewhere....and I hope it's at SAM as that where he will make most impact...BA if actuallyb healthy, and used as I think Younger is going to use his safety this year will be just fine...Tho I would really like Holm there and BA the swing guy taking reps all over tha back 7...

If Ford steps in and takes a spot...even better as gives us tons of flex with different fronts we can show, and ways to use some playmakers...thats if we only declare 1 actual starter on defence being Canadian...which I am pretty certain we will do....will be interesting who is where...and I expect a surprise cut this yr as well on ndefence...and early too