2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

Poor Yosh.....Guess its Richmond time...free's up some money for Schoen.....

Just now, Mike said:

I don’t hate that at all. Yoshi gets his cash, Riders get a diminishing asset, Drew Richmond gets a chance to play.

Yup...they likely paid large for it as they were not the only team in on him...and yes he is on wrong side of dominant now....Richmond will be no drop off....Cheaper for next few yrs....and allows us some cash to move to another position

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 17to85 said:

Hate that, but at the same time really don't know that he's gonna do what they think he can... 

Yeah....he will bring vet leadership to that group....but its a weak group...not sure him out on the edge is gonna be the magic elixir there....but glad he gets paid....and we all know its likely a hefty tag

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t hate that at all. Yoshi gets his cash, Riders get a diminishing asset, Drew Richmond gets a chance to play.

We just couldn't hold guys back anymore. I am sure Yoshi was a tough decision, but those saying we are running it back with old guys need to walk that back a bit. Moving on from a guy like Yoshi proves we are looking forward not backwards.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

We just couldn't hold guys back anymore. I am sure Yoshi was a tough decision, but those saying we are running it back with old guys need to walk that back a bit. Moving on from a guy like Yoshi proves we are looking forward not backwards.

Let’s hold our horses on that though, there’s absolutely nothing saying this was a decision we made. It’s not as if we released the guy. Could it be that? Sure. As of right now, impossible to say.

Just now, Noeller said:

it makes me physically ill thinking of Yoshi in Riders green. Absolutely disgusting. He better be getting WAY overpaid...

His play dropped off last year and at times he was getting targeted by other teams. He has lost a step, and although he was still very good losing another step would make him a liability.

Just now, Mike said:

Let’s hold our horses on that though, there’s absolutely nothing saying this was a decision we made. It’s not as if we released the guy. Could it be that? Sure. As of right now, impossible to say.

I am 95% sure that if we had made Yoshi a reasonable offer he would be a Bomber. I think Yoshi choosing to move on is an extremely low % probability.

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

His play dropped off last year and at times he was getting targeted by other teams. He has lost a step, and although he was still very good losing another step would make him a liability.

He was the West Most Outstanding Lineman selection so he couldn’t have been that bad. 

I am ok with it, we can’t afford to pay him what he deserves under the SMS. 

Richmond has to get a shot eventually. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Okay.... Whatever this means. 

What? 

Edited by Geebrr

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He was the West Most Outstanding Lineman selection so he couldn’t have been that bad. 

I am ok with it, we can’t afford to pay him what he deserves under the SMS. 

Richardson has to get a shot eventually. 

He was very good but he had a couple brutal games last year. Who is Richardson?

Edited by GCn20

For him to lave....believe me had to be a money issue...and Ssk paid a ransom.

Is this the yr too, that he falls off the cliff....could be said he was on it last yr, guys with his body make-up...especially at a position requiring some speed and finesse at that age tend to decline...fast o become injury magnets....super glad he getting bank tho!

Walters is a smart G.M and once it got to be not worth the price tag he walke away....good on him, and we have adequate replacement with Richmond, and the guy from Hawaii as well we just signed

I see much the same going to happen withBO.....and effectively now, you can give that 175k we likely would have sent to Yosh toward Schoen. as Yosh replacement will be under 90k

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The vast majority on this board wanted massive changes towards aging players - this is what you get. 

Don’t be sad about it. 

I think that feeling sad is a perfect emotion to have if one is empathetic.  Yoshi will now have to get up, look out his window and see a Regina sunrise.  Think about that for a moment...

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Can be sad about it and support the move. It's hard to see a guy like Yoshi go even tho it was likely what we needed to do.

yup...making the smart moves to not hamstring us...tho tough....same with Houston...no need to pay top dollar when we have better in house for cheaper

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

I think that feeling sad is a perfect emotion to have if one is empathetic.  Yoshi will now have to get up, look out his window and see a Regina sunrise.  Think about that for a moment...

But, ultimately, these are the moves people were asking for.

No more “running it back”.   

Houston was a no brainer. That isn’t tough at all. 

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it makes me physically ill thinking of Yoshi in Riders green. Absolutely disgusting. He better be getting WAY overpaid...

He played for them before us so it's not the first time he's done dirty things for money. 😂

I'm sad to see him go due to his personality and energy.  On the field, I think we'll be just fine with Richmond.

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

He played for them before us so it's not the first time he's done dirty things for money. 😂

I'm sad to see him go due to his personality and energy.  On the field, I think we'll be just fine with Richmond.

I personally thought Yosh looked slow last year. He got turnstiled quite a few times. Fantastic in run blocking tho.