Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No one on this forum has defended MOS as much as I have this year. Bighill and Schoen should not have been out there tonight. Bullshit call by MOS. It didn't cost us the game...but it didn't help. So heartbroken right now....

Noeller they weren't ready to go

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No one on this forum has defended MOS as much as I have this year. Bighill and Schoen should not have been out there tonight. Bullshit call by MOS. It didn't cost us the game...but it didn't help. So heartbroken right now....

I think it speaks to the "player's coach" mentality.  But also speaks to do your damn job the same way you're asking the 12 guys lined up on the field to.  Sometimes that entails a tough conversation with a guy who has given you everything he's got.  Goal is a win for the team.  Doesn't matter who's out there for it.  You can't always preach the "0-0" this week, "next man up" stuff and then be that weak in terms of doing your job to have a team ready to play in a game like this.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Oh for sure. It’s just such a shock to lose a GC to a team led by those two. 
Of all the scenarios…jfc…

The only thing that's worse is if they were with Sask at the time. And I can't even with that thought right now. As it is, it's too much.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think it speaks to the "player's coach" mentality.  But also speaks to do your damn job the same way you're asking the 12 guys lined up on the field to.  Sometimes that entails a tough conversation with a guy who has given you everything he's got.  Goal is a win for the team.  Doesn't matter who's out there for it.  You can't always preach the "0-0" this week, "next man up" stuff and then be that weak in terms of doing your job to have a team ready to play in a game like this.

Yep. Sometimes you gotta sit guys down for the good of the team.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yep 💯 Biggie was a step behind all night and Schoen a non factor

Edited by GCn20

I just watched MOS pos-game newser. That was pathetic. I know the players seem to love him but man, he is so stubborn. Asked if Bighill and Schoen were actually ready to play he said: "You gotta give the players a chance to be great - they can't do that on the bench." But they were hurt. And allowing them to play actually hurt the team. What kind of thick head couldn't see that? 

1 minute ago, Doublezero said:

I just watched MOS pos-game newser. That was pathetic. I know the players seem to love him but man, he is so stubborn. Asked if Bighill and Schoen were actually ready to play he said: "You gotta give the players a chance to be great - they can't do that on the bench." But they were hurt. And allowing them to play actually hurt the team. What kind of thick head couldn't see that? 

Put another way...what does that say to the guy who'd be playing in that spot?

You can't do the "every guy on this roster is gonna need to play" **** and then throw guys who are so obviously incapable of playing a CFL game today on the field.

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well said, and I'm in Osheas corner. You're right