1st Round Of Playoffs: Division Semi-Finals Week

Noeller

22 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

This would hold a lot more weight if... you yourself didn't offer up anecdotal "evidence".  Just sayin'.

1b4q14.gif

If you carefully revisit the conversation, you'll notice that I've mentioned my observation is based on personal anecdotes. However, unlike others in this conversation I haven't asserted any authority on the subject in an unsourced attempt to substantiate my claim. 

You're weaker than Sal's gravy(but 3 times saltier), why are you even interjecting?

Edited by Pepper_Brooks

47 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

If you carefully revisit the conversation, you'll notice that I've mentioned my observation is based on personal anecdotes. However, unlike others in this conversation I haven't asserted any authority on the subject in an unsourced attempt to substantiate my claim. 

You're weaker than Sal's gravy(but 3 times saltier), why are you even interjecting?

This is a forum.  For discussion.  That’s twice now you ask people why they are “interjecting”. When you post, you should expect people to reply and discuss.  

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

This is a forum.  For discussion.  That’s twice now you ask people why they are “interjecting”. When you post, you should expect people to reply and discuss.  

I welcome more voices in the conversation, but when they enter with ad hominin attacks, raising personal slights rather than content party to the discussion, their contribution is unwelcome.

3 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

I welcome more voices in the conversation, but when they enter with ad hominin attacks, raising personal slights rather than content party to the discussion, their contribution is unwelcome.

Funny.  You started the whole confrontational tone with Sonny boy comments. 

Friendly public warning.  Every day you post the blurry line of trolling that you present here is becoming less and less blurry. 

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

Funny.  You started the whole confrontational tone with Sonny boy comments. 

Friendly public warning.  Every day you post the blurry line of trolling that you present here is becoming less and less blurry. 

Referring to someone as "Sonny Boy" in the same sentence acknowledging my extremely advanced age is my attempt at humor, and it's not a particularly subtle one! 😅 

If I'm trolling I'd love to hear how you describe the attitudes and aggressiveness of the core group who post here 20+ times a day. A double standard is emerging when it comes to calling out confrontational posting.

4 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Referring to someone as "Sonny Boy" in the same sentence acknowledging my extremely advanced age is my attempt at humor, and it's not a particularly subtle one! 😅 

If I'm trolling I'd love to hear how you describe the attitudes and aggressiveness of the core group who post here 20+ times a day. A double standard is emerging when it comes to calling out confrontational posting.

The only double standard is I don't usually call people out publicly.   Many people you reference have probably at one time or another have had a post edited / deleted or given a warning.

A distilled definition of trolling is basically posting **** for the sole purpose of getting a reaction out of other people, and when they get that reaction, they complain about ad hominem attacks.

When you do get to the point of being a more blatant troll, then you will get the same warnings mentioned above.   Until then, keep doing what you are doing, or don't.  Up to you.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

you'll notice that I've mentioned my observation is based on personal anecdotes. However, unlike others in this conversation I haven't asserted any authority on the subject in an unsourced attempt to substantiate my claim. 

Bull ******* ****. When you say essentially "my opinions are valid until you bring concrete evidence" what you are saying is you are the authority.

44 minutes ago, Rich said:

The only double standard is I don't usually call people out publicly.   Many people you reference have probably at one time or another have had a post edited / deleted or given a warning.

A distilled definition of trolling is basically posting **** for the sole purpose of getting a reaction out of other people, than when they get that reaction complaining about ad honimem attacks.

When you do get to the point of being a more blatant troll, then you will get the same warnings mentioned above.   Until then, keep doing what you are doing, or don't.  Up to you.

Cheers.

I will admit...I have....and its a good thing....I am an outspoken brash turd at times....but when havnt I been hahaha

4 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

ChatGPT with the zesty algorithm.

Its a forum. It was in a public thread. And the quote function in the post worked as intended. 

If you want to keep it between you two,  take it PMs.

14 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

My observation is not anectdotally based in any way. I told you Jr. membership is on the rise at my curling club, and from speaking to other curling club members that is the norm. What is anecdotal about that? Instead, you went full on stupid and asked me to provide receipts proving that. Like...yea...I'll go straight down to the club, call a meeting, and ask the treasurer for copies of the books because some guy on the internet can't stand to be wrong. Jeez Louise. You made a post condemning the future of curling in curling's bedrock province. Not sure why you thought that would play well, especially to all of us that know better but instead of admitting that maybe your gut feeling about it was wrong, and thanking someone for bringing accurate info on the matter, you go full on troll about it.

Edited by GCn20

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No it really isn't. I think you need a new dictionary.

Your credibility takes a hit with comments like this. I encourage you to explore the definition of anecdotal evidence and explain how your argument, which relies solely on personal experience and observation, doesn't fall into that category. 

It's clear that we both share a passion for curling. Let's come together on that common ground and move forward.

18 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Your credibility takes a hit with comments like this. I encourage you to explore the definition of anecdotal evidence and explain how your argument, which relies solely on personal experience and observation, doesn't fall into that category. 

It's clear that we both share a passion for curling. Let's come together on that common ground and move forward.

My argument does not at all rely on personal observation or experience. It relies on statistics. The statistic being memberships are up in junior curling at my curling club, and according to the MCA across the province. That my friend is a fact. You can dismiss it as anecdotal if you so wish, but it doesn't make it any less factual....unlike your original claim that was completely, 100% unfounded and completely anecdotal. Just do a google search man. You are so ridiculous in the way you argue that RIch is right, it can only be trolling.

Edited by GCn20

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

My argument does not at all rely on personal observation or experience. It relies on statistics. The statistic being memberships are up in junior curling at my curling club, and according to the MCA across the province. That my friend is a fact. You can dismiss it as anecdotal if you so wish, but it doesn't make it any less factual....unlike your original claim that was completely, 100% unfounded and completely anecdotal. Just do a google search man. You are so ridiculous in the way you argue that RIch is right, it can only be trolling.

as Strev said in 2019 Grey Cup Celebration..."That's facts!!"

2 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

In the grand scheme of things, my dear friend, it remains an anecdote until you provide the concrete facts. It seems like we've been going around in circles!

It's not an anecdote because it's reflective of facts. That you're asking to see the paperwork is just the absurdity of your position. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's not an anecdote because it's reflective of facts. That you're asking to see the paperwork is just the absurdity of your position. 

Well, until proven otherwise, it's essentially fabricated information on the internet. My seemingly inconsequential anecdote holds an equal standing to his similarly unverified anecdote, considering the factual information presented. To be honest, no concrete facts have been introduced into this conversation.

It doesn't come as a shock that some might struggle with understanding this. Anonymous online discussions often lack the finer skills of reading comprehension and logical thinking. But hey, feel free to hold a different view of logical reasoning and reality, I suppose.