Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders

MOBomberFan

5 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

I am not against dressing more DL to help with a rotation, but I would also mention that this point is overblown given how good our defense has been this year. It's the CFL, all defenses are going to get beat up a bit sometimes. 

For my money I think the offense is much more problematic. Collaros has struggled far more this year protecting the ball and the offense as a whole is way more inconsistent (compared to the defense). 

And despite all that I still think we are the best team in the league. Toronto certainly has a good argument as well given the better record and defending champ title but I want to see how they handle things when the schedule is more compressed. 

By reading this I believe you don't really understand the point.  It's not like it's the same to run the guys out there for 60 snaps instead of 40 or 45.  You'd rather have Jeffcoat at his best for 40 snaps than dead tired for 70.

It's not really an either/or situation.  They have the roster spot to get another body on D.

30 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yes but also from the rulebook:

*Each team has one challenge per game

They had zero challenges available when regulation ended as they had no timeouts.

There's nothing in the rules that says the zero becomes one in OT.

The one thing you’re all forgetting is all scoring plays are automatically reviewed. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

By reading this I believe you don't really understand the point.  It's not like it's the same to run the guys out there for 60 snaps instead of 40 or 45.  You'd rather have Jeffcoat at his best for 40 snaps than dead tired for 70.

It's not really an either/or situation.  They have the roster spot to get another body on D.

O'Shea dresses an extra lineman, only for it to be a converted Kramdi. Heads explode.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So Zach is correct, CFL clearly does not give a darn about player safety. Imagine a guy head butting Mahomes or Rodgers after the play. Dude would be ejected and Goodell would have suspended him before he got back to the locker room.

I think he should be suspended. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No I get it, I'm just not sure they feel the same way. I assume and would hope that they are comfortable with say Jeffcoat playing a high number of snaps if they are playing only 6 DL. 

I think this point has been beaten so thoroughly here that we haven't given much thought to if there are alternative reasons why they would make the decision they have. I am not even saying Osh is correct in this decision, just that I think a stance has been taken here and we haven't looked at potential reasons why they haven't made a change. 

Just now, Captain Blue said:

No I get it, I'm just not sure they feel the same way. I assume and would hope that they are comfortable with say Jeffcoat playing a high number of snaps if they are playing only 6 DL. 

I think this point has been beaten so thoroughly here that we haven't given much thought to if there are alternative reasons why they would make the decision they have. I am not even saying Osh is correct in this decision, just that I think a stance has been taken here and we haven't looked at potential reasons why they haven't made a change. 

I mean who cares what they are comfortable with?  The results are clear in these games.  Did you see the pass rush at all?  Only if they blitzed.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So Zach is correct, CFL clearly does not give a darn about player safety. Imagine a guy head butting Mahomes or Rodgers after the play. Dude would be ejected and Goodell would have suspended him before he got back to the locker room.

Pete Robertson has to be fined and suspended for head-butting Collaros and then giving him a knee to the head while the QB - who has a history of concussions - is still on the ground. I thought Robertson should have been ejected on the spot for intent to injure. And if it was up to me, I'd ban him from the league. The problem is that none of the on-field officials saw what happened and the infraction had to be identified by CFL central. 

1 minute ago, Doublezero said:

Pete Robertson has to be fined and suspended for head-butting Collaros and then giving him a knee to the head while the QB - who has a history of concussions - is still on the ground. I thought Robertson should have been ejected on the spot for intent to injure. And if it was up to me, I'd ban him from the league. The problem is that none of the on-field officials saw what happened and the infraction had to be identified by CFL central. 

Robertson Kneed Zach in the head too? When?

1 minute ago, Doublezero said:

Didn’t see that, when did it happen? Right after the headbutt or another play?

2 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

The back judge clearly saw it cause he hauled ass and was in the fray before the Bombers players could even get near Robertson.

3 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

So like... legally speaking - why isn't this considered assault.

1 minute ago, Eternal optimist said:

So like... legally speaking - why isn't this considered assault.

Could very well be.  Hockey players attacking others with a stick have been charged criminally.  This was obviously not part of the game.  Collaros wasn't expecting contact there and there's no consent because play is so over.