Bombers @ redblacks GDT - Week 6

Well if it's a culture thing... that is a tougher thing to rectify.

I am being too critical- I think that we will probably roll with what we have going into Thursday versus the (LOL)ks and probably make some changes in the bye week. 

Also, The vets have proven themselves time and time again, so they at least get a little longer of a leash to get back to form. I feel though, that after the bye, we will probably see one of or both of Eli and Dobson. 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

Just now, 17to85 said:

Ehhh they have earned some rope. Like I said elsewhere, oshea makes changes, just slower than fans would.

I agree....as a vet....most of whom coming off all-star seasons you get that...also some of the bemoaning on how the o-line has lost it and sucks is a bit over the top...a swap at center would go a long way...and a scheme that allows them to get in a ryhtthm...and in a groove...as opposed to this last 4 games of random plays and schemes almost tryin to see what sticks is baffling....and very disruptive for an o-line....even 2019...2021 O-lines would look off due to this

Yeah I don't know enough to know l, but to me it's a combo of a few little things making life harder on themselves.  And if it's a physical issue the  we have bodies who should be able to help. We got depth, but that only matters when you use it.

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

I agree....as a vet....most of whom coming off all-star seasons you get that...also some of the bemoaning on how the o-line has lost it and sucks is a bit over the top...a swap at center would go a long way...and a scheme that allows them to get in a ryhtthm...and in a groove...as opposed to this last 4 games of random plays and schemes almost tryin to see what sticks is baffling....and very disruptive for an o-line....even 2019...2021 O-lines would look off due to this

Yeah. Not to slag the guy, but Kolankowski hasn’t earned much rope. He’s just a guy off the street.

If there’s video evidence of him getting pushed back and Eli is showing well in practice….

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

Might be difficult for O'Shea to demote a vet. O-linemen but easy enough for Walters to trade them away to another team that could still use them, even if the return is only future considerations, prolonging their career is a win/win.  I guess Eli wasn't ready at the time, but I feel they should have made a few tough decisions in TC.

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ehhh they have earned some rope. Like I said elsewhere, oshea makes changes, just slower than fans would.

That would make sense, but every year it’s another guy starting at a position they wouldn’t even get to back up on other teams. Difference is this year that those bodies are more familiar and multiple. 

I am definitely missing something and am not being shitty here, I just don't get it...

I've been watching the oline especially close lately because I keep hearing again and again how Kolankowski is a problem. All I usually see in pass pro is him locking his man down while Neufeld and Gray get beat. Is he supposed to be doing more to help these 2 in pass pro? Is that why he sucks? Or is it his run blocking that sucks? I just don't know what to think, especially when the PFF scores consistently rate Kola as our #1 or #2 olineman every week while Gray especially is waaaay at the bottom of the rankings. Hard to trust my eyes, backed by the stats, wheb everyone here says that Kola is the biggest issue on the oline... help me out

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Might be difficult for O'Shea to demote a vet. O-linemen but easy enough for Walters to trade them away to another team that could still use them, even if the return is only future considerations, prolonging their career is a win/win.  I guess Eli wasn't ready at the time, but I feel they should have made a few tough decisions in TC.

I was wondering what the riders might give us for say kola. But I think they’d rather pick the trimmings than give up assets. Mtl I think realizes cf is the problem. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I was wondering what the riders might give us for say kola. But I think they’d rather pick the trimmings than give up assets. Mtl I think realizes cf is the problem. 

Not that I think Sask. would be a logical trading partner for anyone other than Neufeld, but I'd take Picton as a Natl. receiver who has gotten better every year.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

I am definitely missing something and am not being shitty here, I just don't get it...

I've been watching the oline especially close lately because I keep hearing again and again how Kolankowski is a problem. All I usually see in pass pro is him locking his man down while Neufeld and Gray get beat. Is he supposed to be doing more to help these 2 in pass pro? Is that why he sucks? Or is it his run blocking that sucks? I just don't know what to think, especially when the PFF scores consistently rate Kola as our #1 or #2 olineman every week while Gray especially is waaaay at the bottom of the rankings. Hard to trust my eyes, backed by the stats, wheb everyone here says that Kola is the biggest issue on the oline... help me out

Centre isn’t about locking a man down. It’s about picking up blitzes, stunts, getting the line set, making adjustments, switching off guys and helping the guards with their man. 

When a nose lines up in the centre, their job isn’t to get to the qb. It’s to either draw a double or push the centre back into the QBs lap. You mess up the QBs release point and throwing lane that way. It’s far more valuable than a pressure. The difference between a nose winning and losing a rep vs a C is the difference of a couple yards. If the C is behind where he started out, that’s a pretty good indication that the C has lost the battle. 

He would probably be a serviceable guard on a few teams. Though he doesn’t exactly have the mobility for zone run stuff. 

4 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

My other question is:

I know Dobson has played C, but has Eli taken any snaps in that position this year?

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

I'd take Picton, as a Natl. receiver he's gotten better every year.

Yeah he’s solid. I like our ni wrs, but I’d take any asset really. A draft pick neg lister w/e. We really could use more depth picks to rebuild the ni back ups. 

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

My other question is:

I know Dobson has played C, but has Eli taken any snaps in that position this year?

Eli hasn’t taken snaps in game at C this year no. 
 Dobson struggled with the snap in preseason game 1 and did much better in game 2. He’s 85% a guard. If we were gonna move him for good to C I’d want to have most of the year him practice with the first team at C and get a lot of snaps in. I don’t doubt he could pick it up. He’s played a few college games at C but not a lot. 
 Eli, is 90% a centre. He was an elite d1 centre. I wouldn’t have any hesitation on letting him take that job on no reps. 

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

then u must be going for piss breaks and snack breaks a lot....cause u have missed a lot....no offence...plus he is way undersized....as he is getting bullied back into the pocket...lots...and the communication as to who has ho has been bad with him and his guards...and at times makes the guard look like he is whiffing....lots going on with oline play..calling out protections...who slides where...and what other guys are expecting...and its not in sync...

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

My other question is:

ELI was a top 2 ranked center in the NCAA the yr he got hurt...he knows the position and for a big man is a great athlete on top of it

My theory is that the vets have been settling in after getting a big lead because they simply don't have the same incentive to keep making plays as the younger guys do. The young guys still have NFL stars in their eyes and will play the full 60. We have seen teams come back on us this year and I feel it's because some of the vets on our team took the foot off the gas pedal and started trying to preserve themselves for next week. Not consciously, but subconsciously. The adrenaline drops off because the pressure lessens and then you start feeling all the aches and pains and it effects performance. Just my opinion. Can't prove it or anything, just what I feel may be going on. Might be time for the Bombers leaders to get in that room and make sure everyone goes full 60 every game because we aren't seeing that level of effort this year.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Yeah. Not to slag the guy, but Kolankowski hasn’t earned much rope. He’s just a guy off the street.

If there’s video evidence of him getting pushed back and Eli is showing well in practice….

I looked at pro football focus  re kolankowski

game five they ranked him quite well. No. 7 Offensive lineman that week. Next bomber top ten was Bryant.

Edited by Mark F

13 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I looked at pro football focus  re kolankowski

game five they ranked him quite well. No. 7 Offensive lineman that week. Next bomber top ten was Bryant.

i wouldnt wipe my butt with the paper their grades are printed on....they are garbage and not how a coaching staff goes about grading

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah aren't they ranking faj high? 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

well there u go right there hahahaha

So forget PFF. Going by traditional QB ratings Faj is 101.2 which is objectively pretty good. Haha Faj-j-j and all that, obviously not the place to have a rational conversation about the merits of Cody Fajardo... but this is far from proof the PFF rankings are flawed