3 stars plus hh a tale of two half’s

wbbfan

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Bighill with another great game.

People love pointing out when he has an off game (rare and usually when he is playing next to backup LBs and DL). 

Love Biggie. 

It’s not necessarily a bad game… he makes one miss or is late to a play and some people just want to jump all over him to prove they were right about his decline… even in his prime, he wasn’t perfect 100% of the time (ok maybe in some games he was)… he’s still a great player 

1. Brady- feed him more often 

2. McCrae - stepped right up 2nd week in a row. Can't take him off the roster now

3. Cole - special teams demon

HH to our punter. Heck of a kicker. The hang time is cool 

Crunch of the game goes to the Calgary RB who ran over Darby and Alexander In Q1 

McRae........................easy picking this guy......we've kept him hidden long enough...nice to see him shine

Bighill.........................solid play in this one and still a force to reckon with

Brady O ....................looked like the stumps d wanted no part of him for most of the night....powerful display

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:
  1. McCrae - The 2 huge plays turned the game around for us
  2. Willie J - Just another normal excellent game for him
  3. Coaching staff - Making the right changes at half time

HH - The ref who called the weak PI that got us 7

Yup being a DB fan of the game, that was not pi imho. I would have been incensed if we were called on something like that. DD needed to call a challenge but hey he gave up on the game the last two minutes so don’t know where his head was at.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup being a DB fan of the game, that was not pi imho. I would have been incensed if we were called on something like that. DD needed to call a challenge but hey he gave up on the game the last two minutes so don’t know where his head was at.

Shocked dicky didn't challenge it cause to me it looked like a gift too..unless there was something nobody was aware of that caused the flag...makes up for the hands to face on Willy 2 times..so we even now lol

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I was waiting for a challenge myself. Disagreed with the call myself.

On 2023-07-08 at 9:48 AM, TBURGESS said:

HH - The ref who called the weak PI that got us 7

On 2023-07-08 at 10:55 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

On 2023-07-08 at 1:54 PM, Booch said:

Shocked dicky didn't challenge it cause to me it looked like a gift too..unless there was something nobody was aware of that caused the flag...makes up for the hands to face on Willy 2 times..so we even now lol

On 2023-07-08 at 3:58 PM, Piggy 1 said:

I was waiting for a challenge myself. Disagreed with the call myself.

You guys just broke TBerg's heart.

HH goes to the coaching staff for keeping McCrae on this year, which was a move that puzzled some folks on this board.

On 2023-07-08 at 12:01 AM, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

"Aaaaaand the Awe Award for biggest douchebag and various asshatteriness goes to..."

For me the douchebag award must named the Phillion Trophy.

If Garrett Marino had stuck around the league longer he would have been a candidate too but the dude was such a shitheel he managed to get kicked out of the whole damn league.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

HH goes to the coaching staff for keeping McCrae on this year, which was a move that puzzled some folks on this board.

If Garrett Marino had stuck around the league longer he would have been a candidate too but the dude was such a shitheel he managed to get kicked out of the whole damn league.

but...but....he was so damn awesome tho...Riders defense hasn't been as good since he got run out of the league....that dimwitted fan base says so....so it has to be true

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

Agreed. Either that or the Belli Bowl. 

13 hours ago, johnzo said:

Ironic that for all the “putrid roster management” angst around O’Shea that “is going to lead to an inevitable loss at some point”, his big roster move last game was keeping McCrae in even after Demski’s return and sidelining Agudosi. Lo and behold when Grant went down we had the right replacement rostered for him and the game was sealed on the missed field goal return. That roster management move was a straight line direct contributor in the win. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ironic that for all the “putrid roster management” angst around O’Shea that “is going to lead to an inevitable loss at some point”, his big roster move last game was keeping McCrae in even after Demski’s return and sidelining Agudosi. Lo and behold when Grant went down we had the right replacement rostered for him and the game was sealed on the missed field goal return. That roster management move was a straight line direct contributor in the win. 

sure...you can cherry pick thigs....goes either way at certain times....but if you don't think some of our roster management...PR players we havekept for no particular reason...and where we got rid of position players where we are so lean...sooooo lean then you not looking...And there are other guys on roster who can return in an injury situation....everyones all-star fancy feet...Swaray....Demski in a pinch....sure not ideal....but no team has just a guy on a roster whos sole purpose is a dedicated returner...their guy guys down and they need to use a starter most likely as well...such is the limitations of a CFL roster...that was just the proverbial stroke of dumb luck....and funny thing many many here posted that Mcrae sucked at returning and didnt want to see him doing it....so there is that too

Edited by Booch

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

sure...you can cherry pick thigs....goes either way at certain times....but if you don't think some of our roster management...PR players we havekept for no particular reason...and where we got rid of position players where we are so lean...sooooo lean then you not looking...And there are other guys on roster who can return in an injury situation....everyones all-star fancy feet...Swaray....Demski in a pinch....sure not ideal....but no team has just a guy on a roster whos sole purpose is a dedicated returner...their guy guys down and they need to use a starter most likely as well...such is the limitations of a CFL roster...that was just the proverbial stroke of dumb luck....and funny thing many many here posted that Mcrae sucked at returning and didnt want to see him doing it....so there is that too

Ok, I will let you have a chance at cherry picking too. I’ll ask the same question that I asked Mike before that he deferred on. When and in what way has O’Shea’s roster management actually led to a loss in the last few years? Other than benching Collaros for rest late season, or Liegghio just being rostered as our kicker in the Grey Cup (since it’s not like we had a back-up kicker rostered on the sidelines who he refused to play). 

O’Shea may not abuse the new rules like some wish he would, but can you really question the severity of the problem given his results? But some here say we win despite him, not because of him, and that this specific failing of his will surely lead to a loss. So when did it ever in the past, especially in the Grey Cup run? Because I just gave a concrete example of an instance where it did the exact opposite. 

8 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ok, I will let you have a chance at cherry picking too. I’ll ask the same question that I asked Mike before that he deferred on. When and in what way has O’Shea’s roster management actually led to a loss in the last few years? Other than benching Collaros for rest late season, or Liegghio just being rostered as our kicker in the Grey Cup (since it’s not like we had a back-up kicker rostered on the sidelines who he refused to play). 

O’Shea may not abuse the new rules like some wish he would, but can you really question the severity of the problem given his results? But some here say we win despite him, not because of him, and that this specific failing of his will surely lead to a loss. So when did it ever in the past, especially in the Grey Cup run? Because I just gave a concrete example of an instance where it did the exact opposite. 

for one...the fact we dumped Mack III...traded away Wilcotts and lost Hansen and rolled thru last part of season and wore/bagged out the Jeffs, and augmented them with useless pickup from Sask for one...and had nobody on roster/PR to help out...and our dline play and QB pressure fell right off a cliff and killed us...theres a good one

Also midway in yr he made a odd roster move...even mentioned it in press when he deleted 2 dlineman off roster and said he "wanted to try something out"....it failed pretty much right from get go....and never addressed it

Yes Leggz...had no competition...and he cost us several games

This yr...over abundance of globals on the pr...especially when you have Hansen about to be back, further adding to the excess of guys who will never see the roster....instead of grooming a DT....or another end....we had 2 guys that we could be developing who showed promise in case of injury...especially when we have one who cant stay healthy...What if WJ goes down....then Jeffcoat...whos up next?....Bennett fulltime, and move Walker outside....that would be super awesome...and useless

Sure we have had success....won a couple cups.....but we also had some pretty key luck....and almost won despite not having certain depth, only because we had a vet laden roster, and a couple right superstars....I like Osh as coach...but to ignore the warts and think everything is peachy keen would make us an ignorant Rider fan....

I've been wondering why we've kept Machino on the PR for a 2nd year. I don't think he's a possible OT candidate and we have import PR players for that. Our Guard back ups are Canadians so that's covered.

I think Karamoko is not a bad back up if you need a global player to add but he hasn't moved ahead of import starters at DB and we have 3 imports on our IR.

When Hansen comes back from IR, that will bump Mauro to the PR. Then what?

As mentioned our DL depth on the PR is near zero at the moment. Only Fox is there.  It was not good in 2022 so I think it's fair to take exception about some of the roster management.

Why are we keeping a 36 year old punter on the PR?

Edited by Blue In BC

48 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It's not abusing the rule if it's allowed. Plain and simple.

Honestly i know it's a troll-fest going on but if you think oshea hasn't had moments of playing silly buggers with the roster you're not paying attention. 

Has it cost wins? Likely not so overtly but then again we've hardly lost any games the last few seasons so you've got slim pickings to start.

None of that makes oshea a bad coach either. No one I would rather have, but it's an area he could be better in.