Around The NHL 2023-24

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

Hockey Canada handed out a lot of money for this and tried to keep it hidden. There's a reason they settled quickly and quietly.

Yup unfortunately for some though it may becoming to roost as the saying goes.

It will be interesting in how the NHL handles the facts in this situation. 

36 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup and I'm assuming, if it's proven these players did nefarious things, that the Edmonton Oilers will sign them all.

Ironically on HFBoards trade proposals site there is a Carter hart to Edmonton proposal and a Michael McLeod proposal. 

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Hot take: Hockey Canada should have reported this to the police asap as the victim should have instead of here's money and an NDA.

Hockey Canada is a toxic nuclear waste dump. 

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I wish I had the inside scoop on this like you guys so I could join a good old pre-trial lynchin of a rapist.

The statement of claim also said the men brought "golf clubs with them, knowing it would further frighten and intimidate her."

Over several hours, according to the statement of claim, the group of hockey players engaged in a series of degrading sexual acts, including placing genitals on the victim's face, slapping her buttocks, spitting and ejaculating on her and engaging in vaginal intercourse while she was too intoxicated to consent.

If what they found is true then yes it would be considered rape ,  assault,  imprisonment,  and probably many more charges.    

I don't believe it would get to this point if it was something silly like her having sex with one player and the rest of the guys busting into the room and flicking on the lights and embarrassing them.   And while I know puck-bunnies exist ,  I'd imagine most even in a drunk state wouldn't take on 7 guys at a single time.       Me thinks these players are going to be in a lot of trouble.   

39 minutes ago, Brandon said:

If what they found is true then yes it would be considered rape ,  assault,  imprisonment,  and probably many more charges.    

I don't believe it would get to this point if it was something silly like her having sex with one player and the rest of the guys busting into the room and flicking on the lights and embarrassing them.   And while I know puck-bunnies exist ,  I'd imagine most even in a drunk state wouldn't take on 7 guys at a single time.       Me thinks these players are going to be in a lot of trouble.   

That’s disgraceful.  I can’t imagine anyone wanting to have any part of that.  What the hell is wrong with these pieces of ****?  Just absolutely sickening.

8 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

That’s disgraceful.  I can’t imagine anyone wanting to have any part of that.  What the hell is wrong with these pieces of ****?  Just absolutely sickening.

Just curious why it has taken over 5 years to get to this point. These guys should have been in jail 4 years ago already.  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Edmonton just hit 15 straight wins, and while that stat is always impressive regardless, I took a look at their opponents and they only played 4 playoff level teams on that stretch of 15. They beat the Rangers and Toronto, but they beat Philly before the Flyers went on their recent heater, beat the Kings who have been in free fall, and the rest are teams like Columbus, Chicago twice, Sharks, Ducks, Flames, Devils when they were outside the playoff line, Habs, Sens, Wongs and Kraken. Now you have to beat who you play, but maybe they are not as good as a 15 game heater suggests (just like they weren’t as bad as a 5-12-1 start suggested) but it seems like they have again been anointed as Cup favorites by the media based on beating up on weak competition. Let’s see how they do against the likes of the Canucks, Avs, Stars, Jets, Bruins Panthers and Canes, or even mid-range teams before bowing down to them. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Edmonton just hit 25 straight wins, and while that stat is always impressive regardless, I took a look at their opponents and they only played 4 playoff level teams on that stretch of 15. They beat the Rangers and Toronto, but they beat Philly before the Flyers went on their recent heater, beat the Kings who have been in free fall, and the rest are teams like Columbus, Chicago twice, Sharks, Ducks, Flames, Devils when they were outside the playoff line, Habs, Sens, Wongs and Kraken. Now you have to beat who you play, but maybe they are not as good as a 15 game heater suggests (just like they weren’t as bad as a 5-12-1 start suggested) but it seems like they have again been anointed as Cup favorites by the media based on beating up on weak competition. Let’s see how they do against the likes of the Canucks, Avs, Stars, Jets, Bruins Panthers and Canes, or even mid-range teams before bowing down to them. 

You should look back even further than because while they have won 15 straight, they had been heating up prior to that.  They won 8 straight starting towards the end of November, including one against the Jets and one against Carolina, so they have beaten some of the teams you have mentioned.  They've also lost to some of those teams like Florida.