Around The NHL 2023-24

Oh how sweet it would be to see the Golden Knights just slip out of making the playoffs by a hair, like say their last game of the season where it's a must win to get in but no dice. (almost a pun?)

As the saying goes, one can dream. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, iHeart said:

Stick are not for throwing at Refs

434994085_18428269789014415_481462132260

Is this the same Ryan Hartman who claimed his cheap, dangerous , illegal hit on an unsuspecting vulnerable Ehlers was clean hard hit? The same one?

Ryan Hartman is the LOL of this league. He's a guy who probably thinks he plays on the line, thinks he's gritty he's tough.

No he's a moron. 

Edited by HardCoreBlue

On 2024-03-21 at 2:41 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Don't count on Tom Wilson playing against the Jets.

Excerpt taken from David Alter The Hockey News:

"Tough part for me is, he doesn't miss a shift. And I'm gone for six games," Wilson lamented. "It's a tough pill to swallow and when that's the case, it felt like a long time. So obviously, I've got to control my stick better and that doesn't happen. But I think he knew right away it was an accident. There was no intent behind the play. So for six games with a play that there's no intent behind, it's tough."

I'm wondering if TW at least acknowledges a contributing factor to this most recent suspension is he's a repeat offender (now six suspensions) with a propensity for violence on the ice? Once a mistake twice a trend so to speak.

I find guys like Wilson and Hartman sometimes demonstrate very limited self-awareness. 

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

I find guys like Wilson and Hartman sometimes demonstrate very limited self-awareness. 

It's the NHLs blind spot...  terrible players, who hurt others, but the fans love them. No one misses them when they are gone, especially the players that belong in the league. Same thing for that clown in NY. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

It's the NHLs blind spot...  terrible players, who hurt others, but the fans love them. No one misses them when they are gone, especially the players that belong in the league. Same thing for that clown in NY. 

Rempe? Agreed. Just no skill at all. Just a goon. Not sure he’s gonna be on the playoff roster. It would be a waste of a spot. 

Laurent Brossoit named Jets Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy nominee, which goes to the player who best exemplifies perseverance, sportsmanship, dedication to hockey 

Edited by Goalie

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Laurent Brossoit named Jets Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy nominee, which goes to the player who best exemplifies perseverance, sportsmanship, dedication to hockey 

I have a feeling he's in for a big payday next season with another team.

From Rick Dhaliwal:

'Elliotte Friedman on Elias Lindholm injury : I heard a rumor he might not play the rest of the regular season but multiple people told me I shouldn't go with that'.

I find this such a non-statement say something just to say something from EF. 

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

From Rick Dhaliwal:

'Elliotte Friedman on Elias Lindholm injury : I heard a rumor he might not play the rest of the regular season but multiple people told me I shouldn't go with that'.

I find this such a non-statement say something just to say something from EF. 

a33uoaczaho11.png

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I get it because it's after the whistle and that's viewed as disrespectful, but Tkachuk is (shockingly) wildly overreacting.

If I was a reporter who didn’t worry about being blackballed by the club, I would have loved to have asked Brady “You seemed really upset about that empty netter after the buzzer. Just wondering where that fire was in the preceding 60 minutes?”

(Yeah, I know he hit everything that moved and got a goal in the game, but this kind of clown move does not scream “leader” to me). 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

I get it because it's after the whistle and that's viewed as disrespectful, but Tkachuk is (shockingly) wildly overreacting.

Yeah Tkachuk is the same guy who was admittedly laughing his ass off when his teammate took a slapper into an empty net not too long ago.  He has zero room to be upset about something like this.