3 stars plus hh another win at igf west

wbbfan

Imo 83 gets the nod for 1st star with ZC a close second. Third star goes to the whole offensive line keeping ZC clean for the most part with Grant receiving the happy honker award with Castillo a close second with his kicking and making up his missed convert with a booming kickoff for a single point.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

13 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Imo 83 gets the nod for 1st star with ZC a close second. Third star goes to the whole offensive line keeping ZC clean for the most part with Grant receiving the happy honker award with Castillo a close second with his kicking and making up his missed convert with a booming kickoff for a single point.

I'm inclined to give the OL the 1st star. They were awesome in pass protection which allowed ZC to find a guy every time.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

But, putrid roster management. 

Not sure if u are being sarcastic...but it still.kinda is...but we keep winning so it gets glossed over....

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Straight arming guys who have 30 pounds on him would support what you’re saying.

Like I mentioned a while back...Grant is strong AF...like over 300 pound bench press for reps strong...he also in testing days has put up more reps at 225lbs than many LBs..DL's and OL's....Dude is a little freak...and u see it in his no fear running...and how he rarely goes down on first xontact...he's a special player and u gladly put up with his 1 fumble on rare occasions 

34 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Did wpg give up a sack at all? I can't remember one...

Sad that riders get credit for one...but was the play nothing was down field on a zc scramble so he gave himself up....Online owned line of scrimmage 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

This is what Richie’s D looks like when they can’t get consistent pressure with 4. Not a knock, it just is what it is. 

and a lot of blitzing that didnt seem very effective. 

hard ro believe, but the Riders O line seems to  be better without DAN CLARK.

shocking developement.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

This is what Richie’s D looks like when they can’t get consistent pressure with 4. Not a knock, it just is what it is. 

Thing is they had decent pressure from 4. We just didn’t get a lot of value out of 5-6. We need to be sending 4, or over loading. 

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That's the funniest thing of all of this. They took their absolute best shot.... and still got their asses kicked.

Reading the RF thread about the game is also comical. Highlights include talking about the "phantom PI" where Demski got bowled over, us getting away with illegal blocks on the Grant TD, and someone saying we have peaked already and the Riders are ascending.

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

1. Collaros - Running and passing

2. Grant - That return broke the Riders spirit

3. Schoen - Amazing hands

HH - Demski - got us out of trouble over and over

Demski's become such an incredible route runner. It's so nice to watch.

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

See Jake move out to DE for the Bombers final D snap of the game?  He tore off after Harris like he was Willie J!  MBB is being punked.

He could have an HH mention for his play in peeling off his block and taking down Harris or the running back, I forget which. Solid play by fatboi!

1-Schoen- Took monster hits, very difficult td and huge game.

2-Janarion- One of the best runs I've ever seen, the current play of the year

3-Collaros- keeps roasting the Riders, 2 tds and 1 rushing. Best qb in the league and it's not close anywhere.

HH- Wolitarsky- solid game, always reliable.

It's funny to watch that regarding the flag.  The Bombers hardly threw a block that entire play.  Maruo is really the only one.

Sask's contain man charges hard on Grant's inside shoulder and overruns him, then another guy across the number overruns him as well, one guy leaps, another guy slides, then Grant is in space with 5 Riders chasing and long snapper in front of him, instead of forcing Grant back to those 5 guys by hauling ass laterally the snapper charges him and gets stiff armed, now we're at the opposite hash, 87 one of the upbacks also charges Grant rather than turning him in to the pack and gets stiff armed at the 26 almost halfway between the hash and numbers, now Grant is outside all alone, now it's just speed and working his way through the Riders trying to catchup with the Bombers blockers far outnumbering them.

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Harris looked like Flutie on 2 backfield escapes. Especially the one where he dipped beneath a tackle. 

Our tackling made him look like mike Reilly. Iirc that was Willy that he ducked on. 

21 minutes ago, Mark F said:

one of the great returns. nice block by 16 at the end.

Best single effort I’ve ever seen. Speed power strength grant is the whole package. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Our tackling made him look like mike Reilly. 

This. I don't buy any of this bullshit about the Riders being decent. They are who we thought they were. Our coverage was just embarrassingly bad in that game, and was hopefully a one off.

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

This. I don't buy any of this bullshit about the Riders being decent. They are who we thought they were. Our coverage was just embarrassingly bad in that game, and was hopefully a one off.

Yeah we played a sub par game defensively..not sure if it was scheme and riders doing something we didn't expect...or what but we definitely looked like we were off...it was noticeable.

Lawrence..Darby and Holm all dropped picks that would have took points off the board...and not to cling to the excuse thing but that officiating also took points off board for us and aided them in getting points....yet we still hung 45 on them and beat them by almost 3 TD's

That right there was their one opportunity to take points from us and really get some Momo...but they missed...Momo is gone...and the middling will continue now..I'd say 9-9 at best but luck my shine on them as right now Edm in current form is horrid tho they should have lost to them...and not sure what cgy is yet.

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

Agreed that the Bomber pass coverage was very poor, but Harris did drop a couple of nice passes into the receivers' hands.