3 stars plus hh another win at igf west

wbbfan

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Totally agree that Grant has a knack for busting a big return at key moments. dare I say the guy is a bit under rated by us as a fanbase?

I don't think so. I think many, myself included have considered him the best kr we've ever seen wear blue n gold. This goes back to last year

I told my buddies at a game last year he belongs in the nfl

On 2023-06-16 at 10:00 PM, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/06/17/collaros-harris-shine-as-bombers-beat-riders-12-other-thoughts/

theyve got the replay of the return. Just as spectacular as it was watching it live. 

Sheahan had a great punt to the bouncer inside the 20 and a good night over all despite limited work and poor coverage again. 

Sheahan dropped a punt on the 3 yd. line, corner pocket, hiss boom bah to the numbskull that spoiled it by taking a 15 yd. no yds. penalty on the coverage.

Edited by Fatty Liver

It's all glossing over the loss because Harris threw big numbers... like you got 45 points dropped on you... that ain't a good night at the office by any stretch. They couldn't run for **** either. Uncharacteristic awful games by Houston and Lawrence the only thing making this one appear that the riders did anything well.

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's all glossing over the loss because Harris threw big numbers... like you got 45 points dropped on you... that ain't a good night at the office by any stretch. They couldn't run for **** either. Uncharacteristic awful games by Houston and Lawrence the only thing making this one appear that the riders did anything well.

Yeah...not concerned with Lawrence and Houston...I think that was an anomaly...see what they do next game before calling for heads

Beauty of it all...we have Mohamed..and Parker and Rose back at some point...so depth and options won't be an issue

Oh yeah...will also get back a Hansen...Wilson...Eli..Lawler..Lawson...Jeffcoat...what an absolute almost unfair influx of talent on the horizon...wonder how we would have looked if all those guys were on opening game roster healthy and chomping at the bit?

O'Shea , and video person  need a star for this:

A two-and-out by the Riders meant a punt return by Grant, who returned it all the way for a score before a block in the back penalty negated the touchdown.

Head coach Mike O’Shea challenged the ruling on the field and the call was overturned, extending Winnipeg’s lead to 31-21.

Q: how does team video review work during the game?

Edited by Mark F

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yes and no. A couple of those long plays were literally perfect passes into the only place the receiver could get it....and then the receiver bringing it in from his finger tips or making a circus catch.

Sometimes there's nothing a DB can do and Harris and co. had a few of those moments last night. 

They were chasing on a couple more tho..

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...not concerned with Lawrence and Houston...I think that was an anomaly...see what they do next game before calling for heads

Beauty of it all...we have Mohamed..and Parker and Rose back at some point...so depth and options won't be an issue

Oh yeah...will also get back a Hansen...Wilson...Eli..Lawler..Lawson...Jeffcoat...what an absolute almost unfair influx of talent on the horizon...wonder how we would have looked if all those guys were on opening game roster healthy and chomping at the bit?

But, putrid roster management. 

20 minutes ago, Mark F said:

O'Shea , and video person  need a star for this:

A two-and-out by the Riders meant a punt return by Grant, who returned it all the way for a score before a block in the back penalty negated the touchdown.

Head coach Mike O’Shea challenged the ruling on the field and the call was overturned, extending Winnipeg’s lead to 31-21.

Q: how does team video review work during the game?

The special teams coach was standing with O'Shea and they were watching replay on a tablet.  Could see that on the broadcast.

Collaros.......solid and showed why he's the best qb. in the league

Schoen.......still marvel at this guys talent of getting open and the clutch boot-top grab for the td....excellent

Wolitarsky....Mr' reliable.....I don't think this guy gets enough credit at times..... 

Honourable mention to Grant....what a run .....left a lot of breathless riders in his wake

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

Frankly I don’t expect all of those guys to come back and be their old self. If they do it’s gonna be insane. 
 If we could get  lawler Eli and Lawson back soon ish and have wilson and or jeffcoat at 100% for the late season I’ll be thrilled. 

I think Lawson is we low key the big piece. It’d allow us to get more pressure with less rushers consistently and stuff the run gaps better.
 We could slide walker to rotate on the edge have fox Thomas and Lawson inside. Good luck running on us with 2 big dts or Thomas an imp and walker on the edge. I

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

This game was a bit of a throwback to the days Richie Hall's D regularly gave up 300-400 passing yds. almost every game, the old bend, bend, and bend some more days. 

Edited by Fatty Liver

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

This game was a bit of a throwback to the days Richie Hall's D regularly gave up 300-400 passing yds. almost every game, the old bend, bend, bend days. 

This is what Richie’s D looks like when they can’t get consistent pressure with 4. Not a knock, it just is what it is.