3 stars plus hh another win at igf west

wbbfan

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Also have to keep in mind that it's on the road and in somewhat hostile territory and no matter what, that's always going to be difficult.

Not to mention that the last few years (proven time and time again) that we are a second half team. Especially a 4th quarter team. It isn't exactly crazy that our games are close at halftime. 

That's where the bar is for the bombers. If it's not a blowout the entire game then the other team did well. 

christ the riders D never stopped our O, gave up 45 points and were never in a position in the 4th quarter where they looked like they were going to win,... and that's a bomber problem?

This team hasn't blown many many teams out of the water over the past few seasons, what makes them a good team is that they don't give up, they keep going and going and going and generally make less mistakes than their opponents and grind out wins. Tons of teams play close against Winnipeg, not many actually win because of the previously mentioned reasons. 

Harris started feeling the hits and his accuracy went away as the game wore on. I read somewhere that Dicklesson was bemoaning some fatigue issues in the 4th quarter. Another reason the bombers do well. they don't fall off as the game goes on. 

In summary riders got thumped even if the Bombers D played a pretty poor game. Hamilton got thumped even though the bombers made some stupid mistakes costing them points. See how BC and their bestever, OMG so good D does this week.

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

Not to mention that the last few years (proven time and time again) that we are a second half team. Especially a 4th quarter team. It isn't exactly crazy that our games are close at halftime. 

58 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

A game where the losing team isn't closer than 2 scores in the entire fourth quarter is not a close game.

The "well if this happened instead of that" stuff is loser talk.  We've been there.

Yup...what's the point totals in last half...more specific 4th quarter last 2 yrs...I believe on Friday it was exactly to the script...outscored the riders 14-3 I believe...3 yrs running now should indicate that it's a trend of this team...if you don't put them away in first half...there is a 95 percent chance you ain't winning.

It's the work this team puts in...I think I even read that Dickinson said that the 2nd half collapse was a conditioning issue..so what's that say if one team dominates..and the excuse...yup excuse used was a "conditioning" issue?

57 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That's where the bar is for the bombers. If it's not a blowout the entire game then the other team did well. 

christ the riders D never stopped our O, gave up 45 points and were never in a position in the 4th quarter where they looked like they were going to win,... and that's a bomber problem?

This team hasn't blown many many teams out of the water over the past few seasons, what makes them a good team is that they don't give up, they keep going and going and going and generally make less mistakes than their opponents and grind out wins. Tons of teams play close against Winnipeg, not many actually win because of the previously mentioned reasons. 

Harris started feeling the hits and his accuracy went away as the game wore on. I read somewhere that Dicklesson was bemoaning some fatigue issues in the 4th quarter. Another reason the bombers do well. they don't fall off as the game goes on. 

In summary riders got thumped even if the Bombers D played a pretty poor game. Hamilton got thumped even though the bombers made some stupid mistakes costing them points. See how BC and their bestever, OMG so good D does this week.

U posted basically my thoughts as I was typing lol

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

A game where the losing team isn't closer than 2 scores in the entire fourth quarter is not a close game.

The "well if this happened instead of that" stuff is loser talk.  We've been there.

Grant's 92 yard TD at 9:27 in the 3rd changed it from a 3 point game to a 10 point game in 15 seconds. That was the turning point of the close game. 

We were only up by 7 going into the fourth (31-24). How do you not think that's a close game?

The Riders had more offence than we did. They passed for 400+ yards. Harris was as efficient as Collaros & he threw for one more TD. 

Everyone knew the Riders had given up when they were down by 14 & went for a FG instead of a TD half way thru the 4th. 

Wolo's late TD made the score look less close than the game really was. 

Oh yah! I almost forgot. We were playing a team, Saskatchewan, that most picked to be 4th or 5th in the West.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Grant's 92 yard TD at 9:27 in the 3rd changed it from a 3 point game to a 10 point game in 15 seconds. That was the turning point of the close game. 

I'd say first half Referee home town cooking also contributed in making the game closer in the first half.   

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

We were only up by 7 going into the fourth (31-24). How do you not think that's a close game?

The Riders had more offence than we did. They passed for 400+ yards. Harris was as efficient as Collaros & he threw for one more TD. 

Everyone knew the Riders had given up when they were down by 14 & went for a FG instead of a TD half way thru the 4th. 

Wolo's late TD made the score look less close than the game really was. 

Oh yah! I almost forgot. We were playing a team, Saskatchewan, that most picked to be 4th or 5th in the West.

Sask didn't have the ball down less than 11 in the 4th.