Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 minute ago, Booch said:

They yanked Schoen...he wanted to play....why even if not just to be a decoy...said if it was a playoff game...or do or die he would have stayed in...and it kinda was so an odd decision to pull....from horse's mouth btw...not my "opinion' before some of u usual suspects chime in that it's a shot at coaching

Bc were head hunting, schoen taken a beating, giving him a break ain't the worst when Brady was the man.

On 2023-10-09 at 5:09 AM, Booch said:

I could offer something....but why...too many dbags here who will make 13yr old spoiled teenage boy comments...u can have Osh smug comment on it

So true! It's becoming very tiresome that any opinion or comment contrary to the opinionated personal views of a few passionate posters leads to ad hominem attacks and immature personal insults. There's a wealth of potential for meaningful, intelligent discussions that gets pushed to the sidelines every week because it irrationally offends a select subgroup.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Bc were head hunting, schoen taken a beating, giving him a break ain't the worst when Brady was the man.

I never saw the game as I was on the road but the question I have is why isn't our secondary physical like it used to be? They used to make the other teams receivers pay. Now they play with pillows.

54 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I never saw the game as I was on the road but the question I have is why isn't our secondary physical like it used to be? They used to make the other teams receivers pay. Now they play with pillows.

Lots of reasons... age, type of player in some positions,  lacking some ooomf in the middle of the DL...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

They yanked Schoen...he wanted to play....why even if not just to be a decoy...said if it was a playoff game...or do or die he would have stayed in...and it kinda was so an odd decision to pull....from horse's mouth btw...not my "opinion' before some of u usual suspects chime in that it's a shot at coaching

Most Athletes at this level are ‘I’m good’ when asked how they’re feeling after incurring an injury that doesn’t flatten them to the ground.

Dumping Swarmay won't help...prob our 3rd or 4th best db we had...Houston and Holm lack the physicality...and hard tackling...Parker will help...and if we had an interior presence on Dline BA could be back to being that guy again like you see with some other teams...but he gets yo-yo'd all over the field due to roster deficiency.....now flame away usual suspects 

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Most Athletes at this level are ‘I’m good’ when asked how they’re feeling after incurring an injury that doesn’t flatten them to the ground.

If that's how you want to interpret it...but he could have played 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Dumping Swarmay won't help...prob our 3rd or 4th best db we had...Houston and Holm lack the physicality...and hard tackling...Parker will help...and if we had an interior presence on Dline BA could be back to being that guy again like you see with some other teams...but he gets yo-yo'd all over the field due to roster deficiency.....now flame away usual suspects 

No I’m agreeing with, he’s an athlete they can play threw anything, I’m just saying they’ll say I’m good no matter what.

13 hours ago, Booch said:

It’s really strange to see how un physical our dbs are this year. Previously even playing soft cushion they made guys pay the price to catch the ball and gang tackled. Now days teams are running screens walking past the first defender and picking up easy first downs. I feel like ba has had 2 or 3 big hits all year and one was on a rb who really won the exchange. 

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It’s really strange to see how un physical our dbs are this year. Previously even playing soft cushion they made guys pay the price to catch the ball and gang tackled. Now days teams are running screens walking past the first defender and picking up easy first downs. I feel like ba has had 2 or 3 big hits all year and one was on a rb who really won the exchange. 

Bighill always seems to be at the LOS, there isn't much 2nd level and the interior of the DL isn't as strong as years past. Think it makes the dbs have to chase more rather than come downhill.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Bighill always seems to be at the LOS, there isn't much 2nd level and the interior of the DL isn't as strong as years past. Think it makes the dbs have to chase more rather than come downhill.

Bighill and BA look to "seem" to be not same guys....but it's due to role being used in....and from what many here have seen as a weak area...yet to be adressed fully....Biggie sure may be a bit slower, but if playing a normal MLB role....scraping to ball...watching the QB and reading the play...would be extremely productive....right now he has to ne nore concerned with gap control and helping with inside pressure...so no doubt a lot of times he seems like he a second to late...in chase....or losing the tackle on a failed arm tackle....he isnt in a position to attack....more react....pretty simple really

Intersting tho in last game I noticed how Cole was used, and brought in specifically to not necessarily spy The Vaj but watch him...

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Bighill and BA look to "seem" to be not same guys....but it's due to role being used in....and from what many here have seen as a weak area...yet to be adressed fully....Biggie sure may be a bit slower, but if playing a normal MLB role....scraping to ball...watching the QB and reading the play...would be extremely productive....right now he has to ne nore concerned with gap control and helping with inside pressure...so no doubt a lot of times he seems like he a second to late...in chase....or losing the tackle on a failed arm tackle....he isnt in a position to attack....more react....pretty simple really

Intersting tho in last game I noticed how Cole was used, and brought in specifically to not necessarily spy The Vaj but watch him...

Love seeing Cole in on D. That guy is lightning

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

That's what I was getting at, the inside of the Dl isn't enough on their own,  makes everything else slower. So dbs can't just go forward knowing the pass is coming out quick.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That's what I was getting at, the inside of the Dl isn't enough on their own,  makes everything else slower. So dbs can't just go forward knowing the pass is coming out quick.

yes....knew u were...was augmenting it hahahaha

That's why it's frustrating to see them refuse to put in some help at defensive tackle. Even if they put a useful end they could play Willie or Jeffcoat inside time to time, which has been successful in the past. Just handicapping things by forcing the depth to be old man thomas and the invisible man Bennett.

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That's why it's frustrating to see them refuse to put in some help at defensive tackle. Even if they put a useful end they could play Willie or Jeffcoat inside time to time, which has been successful in the past. Just handicapping things by forcing the depth to be old man thomas and the invisible man Bennett.

If we had a useful end...and hopefully Hansen is getting his ea legs to be that since we seem to be stuck on not rostering Haba for a damn fullback..we def could swing Jeffcoat inside...he works well as a DT actually...even Willy when lined up inside causes fits as those interior O-line man aren't used to a guy like him and what he can do right off the snap...causes tons of issues....Both them always get good pressure when in the middle

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Call it the "Holm effect" he's teaching the boys how to knock down the ball with the swish of a well timed hand, no harm, no foul, and no dirty laundry.

8 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Call it the "Holm effect" he's teaching the boys how to knock down the ball with the swish of a well timed hand, no harm, no foul, and no dirty laundry.

he almost knocked that last one right into Rhymes bread basket...he needs to work on his hands....or learn to swat with authority

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

he almost knocked that last one right into Rhymes bread basket...he needs to work on his hands....or learn to swat with authority

yeah.....but he's got great feet....best seen in these parts for quite awhile....Kidding aside, the kid is improving....He's not the most physical guy but he makes up for it by anticipating how the play is going to flow....He's usually in pretty good position with the receiver....He's going to get better everytime out and I think he'll be around for quite awhile

37 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

He had his hand on the Rhymes one at the end of the 4th also.

I thought he swished on that one but on further review the ball popped up a bit so he probably made contact.  If he'd gone for the tackle initially I think he would have stopped him beyond White's FG range, but there is the possibility Rhymes carries him another 10-15 yards.

Edited by Fatty Liver

17 hours ago, Booch said:

I don't have an issue with the Bombers being very cautious with Schoen, even if it was a showdown for first. Schoen's, and any of our star player's health for the playoffs is far more important than where we finish in the standings imo. I do agree with the logic of keeping him in as a decoy but at the same time we have a fully healthy BOLO that is fully capable of playing in our offence and is at full health too so I can definitely see getting him out there instead of a banged up guy too. If we had chopped liver sitting behind Schoen on the bench then maybe he stays in, BOLO is able to run the same routes, spread the defence, and can engage fully physically. Maybe the Bombers were being over protective of Schoen, but at the same time I'm kinda Ok with that at this point of the season. Would HATE to lose any of our difference makers now.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I don't have an issue with the Bombers being very cautious with Schoen, even if it was a showdown for first. Schoen's, and any of our star player's health for the playoffs is far more important than where we finish in the standings imo. I do agree with the logic of keeping him in as a decoy but at the same time we have a fully healthy BOLO that is fully capable of playing in our offence and is at full health too so I can definitely see getting him out there instead of a banged up guy too. If we had chopped liver sitting behind Schoen on the bench then maybe he stays in, BOLO is able to run the same routes, spread the defence, and can engage fully physically. Maybe the Bombers were being over protective of Schoen, but at the same time I'm kinda Ok with that at this point of the season. Would HATE to lose any of our difference makers now.

I 100% agree with sitting Schoen if they felt it warranted. The man fights through all injury, but let's not lose him at this point of the year, please.