CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

I'm guessing tough to get back into Canada with a gun charge so no real surprise

Plus he sucks and is high salary. That combo makes these kind of decisions pretty easy. Make no mistake, if this was a player that was still good the Riders would be rolling out the excuse machine for him. It's the Rider way right now.

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Plus he sucks and is high salary. That combo makes these kind of decisions pretty easy. Make no mistake, if this was a player that was still good the Riders would be rolling out the excuse machine for him. It's the Rider way right now.

Lol, is it? Please do explain. If you’re so sure, you must have other examples?

"Both Marshall and 32-year-old woman Lanequa Breshay Borders who was in the car with Marshall were arrested and both face a charge of “possession of sawed-off shotgun, sawed-off rifle, dangerous weapon, or silencer,” according to jail records."

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2023/11/former-auburn-qb-nick-marshall-arrested-on-gun-possession-charge.html

13 minutes ago, Mark F said:

"Both Marshall and 32-year-old woman Lanequa Breshay Borders who was in the car with Marshall were arrested and both face a charge of “possession of sawed-off shotgun, sawed-off rifle, dangerous weapon, or silencer,” according to jail records."

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2023/11/former-auburn-qb-nick-marshall-arrested-on-gun-possession-charge.html

The American Dream....

19 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Hughes passed out at the wheel...and keeping it hush hush until media caught wind....Defending Marino....Just off top my head....Apparenty aware of Marshalls some what seedy cohorts in off-season....defending PED Leonards bs excuse and subsequant behaviour.....no discipline for Purifoy's rumble at a restaurant....cause he was hungry....prob can go on if I think harder

Edited by Booch

9 minutes ago, Mark F said:

According to one member of Riderfans, Marshall was a full fledged Crip gang member with a NWA tattoo on his neck.  I do recall some talk about him flashing gang hand signs at Duke Williams in the TD Atlantic game in 2022, the same incident when Williams "allegedly" spat on him.  No surprise if Williams turns out to be a Blood I suppose.

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

According to one member of Riderfans, Marshall was a full fledged Crip gang member with a NWA tattoo on his neck.  I do recall some talk about him flashing gang hand signs at Duke Williams in the TD Atlantic game in 2022, the same incident when Williams "allegedly" spat on him.  No surprise if Williams turns out to be a Blood I suppose.

yeah I played in Oakland area...with former bangers who went good....and he totally did flash gang symbols....even on national tv...another sign of the maturity and lack of any sense in his head....and now....he just confirmed it

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah I played in Oakland area...with former bangers who went good....and he totally did flash gang symbols....even on national tv...another sign of the maturity and lack of any sense in his head....and now....he just confirmed it

Immature bullshit parading around as tough guys.......it always catches up

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hughes passed out at the wheel...and keeping it hush hush until media caught wind....Defending Marino....Just off top my head....Apparenty aware of Marshalls some what seedy cohorts in off-season....defending PED Leonards bs excuse and subsequant behaviour.....no discipline for Purifoy's rumble at a restaurant....cause he was hungry....prob can go on if I think harder

Hughes was still suspended. 

I think it’s asinine to say the Rider org would just be okay with a player getting a weapons charge, which looks to be pretty serious. Calling that the “rider way” is just silly.

Just now, greenrider55 said:

Hughes was still suspended. 

I think it’s asinine to say the Rider org would just be okay with a player getting a weapons charge, which looks to be pretty serious. Calling that the “rider way” is just silly.

after word leaked out tho...they tried to keep it under wraps and not known....thats the part I was refering to

1 minute ago, Booch said:

after word leaked out tho...they tried to keep it under wraps and not known....thats the part I was refering to

Oddly enough that was under the Jones regiment. But, I digress. 

You know I’m not a fan of the current Riders management, but I truly don’t think they’re an org who would bring back a potentially violent criminal. 

45 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

The awkward defence of Garret Marino comes immediately to mind. Let's face it, your teams own code of conduct was thrown in the garbage the minute Reynolds took over, and sketchy characters were all over your dressing room since. Guy like Marshall has numerous online posts claiming to be a Crip posing with guns for a few years now. Your fearless leaders sat in front of microphones year after year supporting their buffoonery on and off the field and it killed the culture of your club that now must be completely rebuilt.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

The awkward defence of Garret Marino comes immediately to mind. Let's face it, your teams own code of conduct was thrown in the garbage the minute Reynolds took over, and sketchy characters were all over your dressing room since. Guy like Marshall has numerous online posts claiming to be a Crip posing with guns. Your fearless leaders sat in front of microphones year after year supporting their buffoonery on and off the field and it killed the culture of your club that now must be completely rebuilt.

And I wouldn’t mind if they continue with the buffoonery. They’ll need to revert to bottle drives for money. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Weren't they on the same team in 2022?

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

They were teammates in 2022.  Shaq Richardson was the guy on the Argos in that altercation.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The American Dream....

I'm actually a bit surprised there are gun offences, in murica.

going to guess he's probably a pretty tough customer.

not defending him, but it is not possible for us mostly middle class, ordinary Manitobans to understand growing up black in the ghetto..

Edited by Mark F