Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

No clue. But basically every face involved has changed since then. And I’m sure he’s changed a lot too. 
 I expect they are hoping for one of the rookies to step up if that fails then they will look at vets but likely only if one of ours aren’t 100%. 
 Id prefer Mccalister. 

Would also prefer Mccalister.  Guy was so promising, just a casualty of a stacked and crowded d-line back then.  Doesn’t affect this year’s team per se but wasn’t it Lemon who effectively ended Matt Nichols’ CFL career?  Absolutely boneheaded pancake pile on that I believe is a penalty in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm assuming Lawler doesn't have an agent.  If he does, needs to fire his agent.

100%. Grounds to sue his agent if he does. 

4 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Would also prefer Mccalister.  Guy was so promising, just a casualty of a stacked and crowded d-line back then.  Doesn’t affect this year’s team per se but wasn’t it Lemon who effectively ended Matt Nichols’ CFL career?  Absolutely boneheaded pancake pile on that I believe is a penalty in the NFL.

think so yeah. 

Just now, Tracker said:

The Bomber press release stated that they expected Lawler's situation to take 2-3 months to resolve.

Probably includes community service or some thing. Shouldn’t be hard at all to get him approved to work in the mean time. I’ve seen some pretty awful records allowed a pass so guys can work. 

There is also word Lawler immigration thing could be resolved sooner...either way..Agudosi is an upgrade over Ellingson....and the rest are all back...Not concerned in the firat 1..2..3...games...our depth and consistent lineup/coaching over last 3 yrs will mitigate that anyway as other teams are trying to find themselves

Wondering if they reached out to McAllister...would be the perfect signing...and was a casualty of ratio inB.C...and no room here...not talent....and he didnt want to hang out on the PR...but was open to come back in an injury need...and did...and performed very Willi'esque....Get him back here...and kick Bryants tires

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

100%. Grounds to sue his agent if he does. 

think so yeah. 

Probably includes community service or some thing. Shouldn’t be hard at all to get him approved to work in the mean time. I’ve seen some pretty awful records allowed a pass so guys can work. 

His Lawyer should have told him what he had to do, not his agent. 

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Well he only plead in April ...so based on how slow things roll in court...etc....probably they just finally recieved the work visa issue now...I bet it resolved sooner than later...

Point to consider. ..what u think Piggy would do behind the actual starting online...full compliment of receivers who would have to be be respected.. as well as a starting tailback...I bet just as well as BRown...likely better and also generate a lot more amped up play from the unit as a whole

U know damn well our receivers would block the snot outta the other teams #1's if Piggy got out of his pen...just saying...he is playing against for sure other teams backups...for most part...but also with mainly guys who won't be here either...goes both ways

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Point to consider. ..what u think Piggy would do behind the actual starting online...full compliment of receivers who would have to be be respected.. as well as a starting tailback...I bet just as well as BRown...likely better and also generate a lot more amped up play from the unit as a whole

U know damn well our receivers would block the snot outta the other teams #1's if Piggy got out of his pen...just saying...he is playing against for sure other teams backups...for most part...but also with mainly guys who won't be here either...goes both ways

I think we will see just that on some short yardage plays. Piggy goes off tackle or finds a hole and goes 40 yards type of thing. He’s gonna love having guys like Bailey Demski and woli down field to seal edges and blow up defenders. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Getting American football players work status in Canada is what CFL agents do.

A criminal lawyer does not do immigration paperwork.

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

Streveler had a pre-season game in BC where he was 10-10 for almost 200 yards.  Was amazing.  Different ball game too when other teams have their starters and are game planning for the unique skills of certain QB's they are expecting.

Nice to know we have someone to run the short-yardage/option package.

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think we will see just that on some short yardage plays. Piggy goes off tackle or finds a hole and goes 40 yards type of thing. He’s gonna love having guys like Bailey Demski and woli down field to seal edges and blow up defenders. 

Load up one side with 4 receivers...send them out on intermediate to deep routes...roll.piggy out that way...guys either fall.off their receivers for threat of run...or hold coverage and leave green green grass ...imagine him in space with our crew downfield blocking...tasty indeed

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I think he’d throw a whole lot of INTs, lol.

Pigrome is amazingly accurate with his passing so far.....That toss into the end zone was perfectly placed and he released the ball in a flash.....You can see star written all over this guy and I hope we put together a few packages for him during the game like we did with Streve....Keeps the other team off balance and it's great knowing we have a qb. that can get the job done in that scenario....Sure gives Buck a lot to work with

26 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Pigrome is amazingly accurate with his passing so far.....That toss into the end zone was perfectly placed and he released the ball in a flash.....You can see star written all over this guy and I hope we put together a few packages for him during the game like we did with Streve....Keeps the other team off balance and it's great knowing we have a qb. that can get the job done in that scenario....Sure gives Buck a lot to work with

Maybe he could be Zachs successor?!?

17 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

It was Lemon. But I disagree it was anything other than a football play. Nichols just fell awkwardly while trying to get away. Lemon didn't pile drive, he tackled. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Also imagine if he had clean snaps going back to him...