Game 65: Minnesota Wild

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

It's hard when you can never give up a bad goal - when was the last time the team bailed him out?

one of the talking heads on Twitter made the point last night that the team doesn't have enough scoring talent to bail out Helle when he goes through rough stretches. The Jets are ride or die with him...they go as he goes. 

Average Jet's fan since January ...

ostrich-bird.gif

Group of Jet's fans since January 2019 ...

head-in-the-sand.gif

2 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Except those guys seem to have parachutes.

It's called UFA LOL ...

The GM ...

kids-predicaments.gif

The Jet's top six with the puck near the opposing net (accept for Nino) ...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475tfry0blx3cmq5vtxj

16 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Maybe losing Hellebuyck to UFA might not be as bad as people are predicting?

It will be worse 

Jets probably deserved to win this one and the other night against SJ so add 3 points and keep Minny at 81 and we are 2 points behind them. Thems the bounces tho now. Go on a win streak and we fighting for 1st again. It's so close 

But this team is like bottom 3 I heard since the new year so... who knows 

I just don't give a ****. We are mired in mediocrity as an organization which starts with Chipman. Chevy seems to have free reign to do what he wants which is virtually nothing. I've heard that Chipman is a meddling owner & maybe he vetoes trades & moves that Chevey wants to make. is it true? I have no clue. I'm just so disengaged with the team from years of disappointments. It's so hard to be a fan of this team. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just don't give a ****. We are mired in mediocrity as an organization which starts with Chipman. Chevy seems to have free reign to do what he wants which is virtually nothing. I've heard that Chipman is a meddling owner & maybe he vetoes trades & moves that Chevey wants to make. is it true? I have no clue. I'm just so disengaged with the team from years of disappointments. It's so hard to be a fan of this team. 

I am reading a history of the Jets 1.0. Fergie kept the Jets mired in mediocrity for years. I am experiencing some deja vu.

18 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I am reading a history of the Jets 1.0. Fergie kept the Jets mired in mediocrity for years. I am experiencing some deja vu.

Fergie's team made the playoffs 7 straight years, should never have been fired. Then came the mediocrity via Smith though to be fair Fergie fired coaches every 2.5 years and got new coach bumps every time. Watt, Long, Maloney, Murdoch.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

They changed the coach, pretty big after having Paul for so long, started strong and are fading. Why didn't Chevy make a bigger deal eventho Nino and Namestnikov (who waived his no trade clause to come here) are standing out recently is cuz we ******* suck. The room is messed up, there's something going on in there, it's the only explanation right now and Chevy needs to make player changes this off season. Sell Dubois for picks and a player (Florida 1st plus Dach is fair probably) 

Figure out what 55 and 37 want to do. I'd consider moving both If they'd rather be elsewhere and I think we'd get a haul based on their very low all things considered aav. Trade Wheeler for what you can. One of pionk or Schmidt need to go (maybe both) Stanley If he wants out or and Dillon too. Brendan not Samberg (best d metrics on team they say) 

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Figure out what 55 and 37 want to do. I'd consider moving both If they'd rather be elsewhere and I think we'd get a haul based on their very low all things considered aav. Trade Wheeler for what you can. One of pionk or Schmidt need to go (maybe both) Stanley If he wants out or and Dillon too. Brendan not Samberg (best d metrics on team they say) 

Blow up the team ?

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Blow up the team ?

I think you have to. Nothing else has worked and this team, as currently constructed, has been dismal. Clean house, top to bottom, GM, coaches and players. Be nice if the President would also fire himself but he won't leave his toy. 

It's bigger than just the GM and coach this team has always had one arm tied behind it's back. Every year it gets worse with whining millionaire players that won't play here or want to play somewhere else. We ( fans) might have to decide is it better just to have a team here no matter how competitive or no team?

4 minutes ago, bb1 said:

It's bigger than just the GM and coach this team has always had one arm tied behind it's back. Every year it gets worse with whining millionaire players that won't play here or want to play somewhere else. We ( fans) might have to decide is it better just to have a team here no matter how competitive or no team?

Why would they want to play for an organization like this one? Show some interest in winning and maybe they'll come. 

If I were a player, why would I want to come here? Everyone wants out. 

In the end the players on the ice are soft and that's on them now. Most have been here their whole careers... wheels came with the team. 

I think Dubois and 55 and 37 get Solid returns so I'm not even sure it's a blowup.. it's a retool probably 

True North is loyal to a fault, ppl talking crap about them, they are truly one of the good guys tho. Truly one of the classiest most respected groups in the league, treat players and their families top notch. 

It's time to retool and truly change the leadership and to do that part of the previous one needs to go. 

Josh deserves the C 

Lowry gets an A 55 can keep his if he stays 

St Louis has something like 4 players left from their CUP winning team. Jets have 37 44 55 27 81 26 who been here longer. Lowry too. Maybe pionk now even. Appleton if u forget he played for Seattle.  Complacency Is a problem.  

Edited by Goalie