Game 65: Minnesota Wild

18 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Gonna be angry game tonight. Feeling it.

I think the anger is over. There was disappointment ahead of the Oiler game in Edmonton, after the trade day nothingburger, and they were angry on the following day. 

I don't see much in this team's recent performances that suggest that they're ready for a prolonged fight. 

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Pre-Game Standings

Central
 DAL 81pts  GP 64
 MIN 79pts  GP 64
 COL 76pts  GP 62
Wild Card
 EDM 78pts GP 65
 WPG 75pts GP 64

CAL 71pts GP 65

NSH 69pts (noice!) GP 61

STL 59 GP 63

It's really just Nashville that can push a wild card team out. 

I think one of our big problems is that lack of toughness in our lineup. It has been a problem since we lost Buff, Myers, Trouba. We have Lowry and Dillion and Lowry ain't nasty but will fight. Not sure why Chevy has not addressed this, even the Oliers added toughness. The Wild are gonna try to run us. 😕😞

Edited by bb1

2 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I think one of our big problems is that lack of toughness in our lineup. It has been a problem since we lost Buff, Myers, Trouba. We have Lowry and Dillion and Lowry ain't nasty but will fight. Not sure why Chevy has not addressed this, even the Oliers added toughness. The Wild are gonna try to run us. 😕😞

Just to stir it up a bit knowing I ain't part of the locker room and what the team dynamics are but in addition to toughness maybe a lack of caring one way or the other?

Like how bad does this team want it and/or think they are capable of keeping up with the big dogs? 

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

NSH 69pts (noice!) GP 61

STL 59 GP 63

It's really just Nashville that can push a wild card team out. 

And if they do, expect a banner to be hoisted to the rafters.

Don’t really agree that the Jets lack toughness.  Do we have the old school cement heads?  No.  Do we have a bonafide fighter?  No.  But we have some guys that can play a tough, gritty style of game.  Lowry and Dillon were mentioned, but there’s also Stanley and Dubois…. And Nino is a willing hitter.

The Jets have problems, but I wouldn’t put toughness near the top of the list.

3 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Don’t really agree that the Jets lack toughness.  Do we have the old school cement heads?  No.  Do we have a bonafide fighter?  No.  But we have some guys that can play a tough, gritty style of game.  Lowry and Dillon were mentioned, but there’s also Stanley and Dubois…. And Nino is a willing hitter.

The Jets have problems, but I wouldn’t put toughness near the top of the list.

I will qualify toughness with size on the backend( Stanley is a defensive minefield) but we definitely lack the nastiness factor we used to have with Buff, Trouba, forgot about Chariot too...and Myers too. Dubois is more an agitator imo.