Manitoba Politics

Wideleft

Anybody seen the PC bus bench ads attacking Wab and saying crime will be worse under him? The candidate they have featured on them has tweeted in the past that BLM is a terrorist organization, Blue Lives Matter, that systemic racism doesn't exist within the police and has said that those who want to defund the police should not have access to 911 services.

Wab gave a good speech today about how his past helped shape him into who he is today. 

Honestly, I'm tired of people bringing up Wab's past. Would not happen nearly as much if he was white. My proof, Scott Moe is Premier of Saskatchewan, how often do you hear about the fact he killed a woman because he was driving recklessly?

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody seen the PC bus bench ads attacking Wab and saying crime will be worse under him? The candidate they have featured on them has tweeted in the past that BLM is a terrorist organization, Blue Lives Matter, that systemic racism doesn't exist within the police and has said that those who want to defund the police should not have access to 911 services.

Wab gave a good speech today about how his past helped shape him into who he is today. 

Honestly, I'm tired of people bringing up Wab's past. Would not happen nearly as much if he was white. My proof, Scott Moe is Premier of Saskatchewan, how often do you hear about the fact he killed a woman because he was driving recklessly?

Just wait... A good source has said there is about to be a huge bombshell dropped about Wab before the election. It will be devastating! 😄

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Would not happen nearly as much if he was white.

Absolutely. PCs are using it as a racist dog whistle that he is indigenous and dangerous.

9 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Just wait... A good source has said there is about to be a huge bombshell dropped about Wab before the election. It will be devastating! 😄

oh-my-god-i-forgot-about-that-part.gif

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Absolutely. PCs are using it as a racist dog whistle that he is indigenous and dangerous.

I expect nothing less from the cons. 

4 hours ago, WildPath said:

And said source will be here to lap up all our tears with glee.

5 hours ago, WildPath said:

The PCs are laughing as over the last few weeks Wab has damaged his own self saying he will support searching the landfill and his plan with apprenticeships with trades people. 

The Winnipeg subreddit which is mostly diehard NDP'ers were losing it and are scared now that he has killed his chance and think that he'll get the boot if they lose. 

It will be an interesting election that's for sure. Sadly for the wrong reasons since every leader is a joke and in the end Manitoba loses no matter who wins. 

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

The PCs are laughing as over the last few weeks Wab has damaged his own self saying he will support searching the landfill and his plan with apprenticeships with trades people. 

The Winnipeg subreddit which is mostly diehard NDP'ers were losing it and are scared now that he has killed his chance and think that he'll get the boot if they lose. 

It will be an interesting election that's for sure. Sadly for the wrong reasons since every leader is a joke and in the end Manitoba loses no matter who wins. 

Well... if the NDP can't win the provincial election after everything that has happened and what is the political climate... heads gotta roll- it should be a ******* cake walk.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

"Losing it" is not an accurate portrayal of that discussion, but I do also realize that hyperbole is part of your shtick.

52 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

"Losing it" is not an accurate portrayal of that discussion, but I do also realize that hyperbole is part of your shtick.

Nope accurate representation, the moment he said he would support searching the landfill the majority of NDPers on that site were saying he's blown it and immediately started talking about who can replace him. That would be losing it considering they had never spoken ill of him or even mentioned him being replaced. Lots of upset folks getting over emotional about what he said which indeed is the definition of losing it.   Over time they will cool off up until he loses the election and then they will freak out again.

I actually think @Brandonis right here. 

The landfill search is dividing people.  For theM to come out and say they will do it, will cost them votes. I know lots of ppl who are historically ndp provincially and 9 out of  10 of them say they won't support a search for a needle in a haystack atleast not for almost 200 million $$$ 

Edited by Goalie

Laugh all you want. 200 million bucks to search a toxic waste dump is stupid.  You aren't gonna find anything  

To those laughing,  what if they search for 3 years and 200 million bucks and find nothing?

Search a toxic waste dump then what drain the red cuz God knows there's more than 2 bodies in there 

Edited by Goalie

As a political move its a terrible move for him to vocally support it. Had he said that he would put 200 million into health care which 99% of people would be in favor it would of helped him with the swing votes.

Instead he tries to satisfy a really small vocal minority which in the end will alienate him from many on the fence PC voters.

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Laugh all you want. 200 million bucks to search a toxic waste dump is stupid.  You aren't gonna find anything  

To those laughing,  what if they search for 3 years and 200 million bucks and find nothing?

Search a toxic waste dump then what drain the red cuz God knows there's more than 2 bodies in there 

Because they at least tried to do the right and moral thing?  I thought conservatives were all about morality.

Edited by Wideleft

34 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Because they at least tried to do the right and moral thing?  I thought conservatives were all about morality.

If it was all about doing the right thing and morality then every forest and every lake would have to be searched and that would cost billions of dollars.   At some point you have to be fiscally responsible.   

People would be shocked to find out how many people are missing/kidnapped/murdered around the province every year.   

I remember going to Cross Lake 5 or so years ago and they were having issues with missing teens and were losing several every month with many of them going missing and commiting suicide and the reserve having no idea because the area is considerably remote and with all the surrounding water bodies can transport anywhere.  It is a needle in a haystack with finding anyone if they are in the wilderness.     

Edited by Brandon

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

If it was all about doing the right thing and morality then every forest and every lake would have to be searched and that would cost billions of dollars.   At some point you have to be fiscally responsible.   

People would be shocked to find out how many people are missing/kidnapped/murdered around the province every year.   

I remember going to Cross Lake 5 or so years ago and they were having issues with missing teens and were losing several every month with many of them going missing and commiting suicide and the reserve having no idea because the area is considerably remote and with all the surrounding water bodies can transport anywhere.  It is a needle in a haystack with finding anyone if they are in the wilderness.     

The difference being of course that they have a pretty good idea where the landfill bodies are.  Heads should roll at Winnipeg Police for not conducting a search as soon as they knew.

Oh - and what does your Cross Lake anecdote have in common with the landfill issue?  Thanks for making our point.

You know what... I personally think they should search the landfill, I'm curious which ass they pulled the 183 million out of tho. 

Honestly search it, let them search it, If I wasn't busy one day, I'd strongly consider helping. Drain the rivers also, it should happen just to clean it up every now and then,  river was so low by disraeli a few falls ago that u could see cars and shopping carts in there. Search it 

Just curious about the 183 million or 200 million $$ number 

But I'm also not stupid enough or naive enough to believe that winnipeg and Manitoba doesnt have lots of closeted racist people who will hear ndp say yup we will search it and go **** that cuz we do have lots of people like this here. 

In case anybody hadn't noticed,  nobody really gives a **** about homeless ppl or "bums" here atleast not enough.

Edited by Goalie