3 stars plus hh smoked elk over easy

wbbfan

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Parker was better and Winston Rose wasn't beaten badly often, but concerns remain. Whether these two are good enough to take us to the cup is debateable, at least to me, but what is not is that they were targeted repeatedly. Jones may be an annoying egomaniac but he has good credentials as a defensive coach and no doubt the game play was to go after these two. It seems to follow that anyone we play from here on in will use the same game plan. 

You might want to keep an eye on the scoreboard and the standings a little more often.  Here, let me help you lower your angest a bit:  Winnipeg 48 - Edmonton 11, Bombers 14-2 (1st place).

Returning to the 3 stars and HH....

Collaros...took a few hits ( at least one shoulda been a penalty ) and was just tremendous.

Schoen/Demski

Biggie and Brady

Really just a full-scale team domination.....oh and how many teams can say that all 3 of their quarterbacks completed a touchdown pass in the same game. Imma bettin none!

17...12...12..22..22..19..10..28 (cgy)..20..20..29 (cgy)..18..20..48(Ham)..13..11

That's what we have given up in games point wise...safe to say our DB's havnt been roasted by any stretch of the imagination...give em those meaningless yards if you not giving them the endzone.

Nice to see after the Ham game we have given up 13 and 11 respectively..sure against the bottom dwellers...but that's what u should expect to see

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

No I'm being serious. Like from the time the game clock read 00:00 to me pulling into my driveway, was 50 minutes. It's usually closer to 90. 

Also if you're heading north, skip Pembina and use Waverley. Way less traffic/lights and higher speed limit.

That’s good advice. There have been times that we would go Waverley to Bishop (when will it get a new name???) and then East and it was faster than Pembina. 

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

It's true Corny was really bad last night. Everytime we got pressure he missed his receivers by miles. Some of the better QBs will make those throws.

Interesting that Tre Ford has recovered from his injuries and was listed as the backup QB last night but wasn't given a sniff of playing time.  I guess Jones intends to roll with Cornelius for the remainder of the season and let them battle it out for the starting job in TC next year.

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

That’s good advice. There have been times that we would go Waverley to Bishop (when will it get a new name???) and then East and it was faster than Pembina. 

I used to go down Pembina to Stafford...mostly just cause I do my best avoid bishop/route 90. But this year I went down Waverley once to drop someone off and it's just so much smoother. I take it right to grant and use route 90 the rest of the way home.

22 hours ago, BBlink said:

And we have two rookies in the lineup in Parker and Holm who are just getting better.  Darby and Houston on standby...

They're getting the trial by fire treatment this year - next season I bet they're lights out all start candidates.

23 hours ago, Stickem said:

Zack......how does he not make MOP.....He just gets better as the year progresses

Demski/Schoen.......if you don't double team these guys.....they'll kill ya....and they did

Parker...........was solid all game

There's no one else in the competition.

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They're getting the trial by fire treatment this year - next season I bet they're lights out all start candidates.

There's no one else in the competition.

and teams gonna have to account for Ellingson now too....and Bailey who can be clutch....I like where this is headed

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Re: Collaros and the MOP, I've read a bunch of things saying Rourke still deserves to be considered for it. Even with only about a third of the season played and when they played the Bombers, Collaros outplayed him. 

People mention it out of respect for what he did - and he does deserve to be mentioned, he was playing on a level I've never seen before and would be unanimous if he continued to play for 14+ games.

But of course you need to show that you can do it for the better part of the season and he did not.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Re: Collaros and the MOP, I've read a bunch of things saying Rourke still deserves to be considered for it. Even with only about a third of the season played and when they played the Bombers, Collaros outplayed him. 

James Dean was ranked by the American Film Institute as the 18th greatest male movie star of all time. He only made three films.

People are goofy

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't think Rourke played enough games to warrant a year end award. If give Demski the MOC, personally. He's had a ridiculous season... 

Fair and I’d agree.

But, we are still a very good team without Demski.

The Lions are not without Rourke

The media is dying to give Rourke an award 

Edited by Geebrr
With to without

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't think Rourke played enough games to warrant a year end award. If give Demski the MOC, personally. He's had a ridiculous season... 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Fair and I’d agree.

But, we are still a very good team with Demski.

The Lions are not without Rourke

The media is dying to give Rourke an award 

Yep, they'll probably try to spread the awards around a bit to spur fan interest in the event, Bombers have a lock on three if you include top coach, and Stanley might have a shot at MOL but they'll probably give it to a Stamp.

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The definitions around the awards are so loose.

If you are simply asking who was the "most outstanding", it's easily Rourke. So each voter have to make up what limits and requirements around that makes sense to them.

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Some voters might want to spread the winners out to other teams beside the Bombers.

Schaffer-Baker will garner some votes as he has 170 more receiving yards than Demski (played 3 more games however).

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

The definitions around the awards are so loose.

If you are simply asking who was the "most outstanding", it's easily Rourke. So each voter have to make up what limits and requirements around that makes sense to them.

Right, but sample size should matter 

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Some voters might want to spread the winners out to other teams beside the Bombers.

Schaffer-Baker will garner some votes as he has 170 more receiving yards than Demski (played 3 more games however).

True.

Demski not only has played 3 less games he has 10 TDs vs 5 and is only 170 yards back of KSB 

Add in his rushing stats I don’t see the impact being similar 

Part of it too is how valuable are u to your team if u were not there...stats are a big part of it...but not be all end all...and really for that award u need to play at least 2/3rds of season minimum...MOC tho I can see him locking up