Hillbilly Jagoffs @ Back 2 Back Champs, Round 3: Pre-Game Thread

Noeller

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Are we not allowed to discuss roster management or our depth in regards to injuries when we have a winning record?

If you look at the pick 'ems, everyone expects to win; we're just talking.

absolutely this. You can talk about 12-2 all you want, but if you don't see problems with our roster/depth chart right now, then you're not paying attention

23 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Are we not allowed to discuss roster management or our depth in regards to injuries when we have a winning record?

Exactly, we’re just talking. That’s why I love (most times) coming here.

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

absolutely this. You can talk about 12-2 all you want, but if you don't see problems with our roster/depth chart right now, then you're not paying attention

EXACTLY.....Its safe to say we are rather lucky to be 12-2 and to be honest...we were a better team 6 weeks ago than we are right now.....no ifs ands or buts about it....and i see no issue questioning management's and the coaching staffs casual at best attitude toward fixing/helping it, coupled with odd roster decisions to have guys dressed...but refuse to use them.....I see other teams bringing in guys, making some deals....and we are hemorrhaging depth right now and it's ho hum...guys in house are all starters, that why they here, but don't get a chance to show it.

Perhaps they are being very coy, and guys like Wilson....Houston...Taylor...Hansen are gonna be back before play-offs, along with Ellingson..Agudosi...Woli so thats why the casual attitude...I dunno, but it is perplexing to say the least...what we have starting tomorrow won't take us deep into play-offs...no way no how

Not too concerned about Jeffcoat tho...from what I seen of him yesterday...moving and frolicking around he looked totally fine...maybe they just see this game as a chance to let him heal right up, and if it was a playoff game he would be dressing.

43 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Of course have at em...just wondering how bad of a season are we having?😉

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

Perhaps they are being very coy, and guys like Wilson....Houston...Taylor...Hansen are gonna be back before play-offs, along with Ellingson..Agudosi...Woli so thats why the casual attitude.

I've been thinking a lot about this. I think we can all agree that Walters never stands pat. If he believes a move needs to be made, he'll make it. He's proven this. So the only thing I can think of, if we're not making many moves, is that they're relatively certain they're getting bodies back before too long. 

13 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Well we are going to be one game away from the Grey Cup when the season ends and even as we are right now I don’t see a team better than us 

Right now is the key......right now, we're really dinged up. "When Healthy", then I don't see a team better than us.

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

They have been very vocal of the support of WASAC and the proceeds are headed there.

https://www.wasac.ca/

Yes, they've had a long partnership with WASAC. But, it wasn't immediately evident on their website or in store what they were doing with the proceeds, so I wanted to ask. 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've been thinking a lot about this. I think we can all agree that Walters never stands pat. If he believes a move needs to be made, he'll make it. He's proven this. So the only thing I can think of, if we're not making many moves, is that they're relatively certain they're getting bodies back before too long. 

This is possible... but we also haven't heard anything from Walters in a long time... it's not like he's come out and said he likes the roster and is not trying to make adjustments... I would bet he's been putting the work in and nothing has materialized yet.

Send a search party out for Walters......True we haven't heard diddly from him for quite awhile....No rumours or updates on Drew D or the like ....which brings me to ask ...what is Drews status right now...Is he still waiting on a pr call from a team down south....???  Stay tuned I guess

23 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Seems to me that the antidote for a Fajardo's deep drops would be to send a quick rusher after him until Fajardo realizes that the deep drops allow a defender to take a real run at him. Kyrie Wilson would be who I would task for that, but....

I'm sure Dickie boy watched the Ham debacle and has instructed Faj to drop back fifteen yards and fire away quickly...Worked for Evans...I hope we've made adjustments in that event

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I'm sure Dickie boy watched the Ham debacle and has instructed Faj to drop back fifteen yards and fire away quickly...Worked for Evans...I hope we've made adjustments in that event

Evans is a FAR better passer than Faj..... not even the same universe.

Just now, Noeller said:

Evans is a FAR better passer than Faj..... not even the same universe.

Oh I agree.... his turtle like actions and piss poor passing probably gives us the edge....even without Jeffcoat  ..I think we're on to his spinorama move and won't fool anybody, I just hope we get enough pressure 

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Oh I agree.... his turtle like actions and piss poor passing probably gives us the edge....even without Jeffcoat  ..I think we're on to his spinorama move and won't fool anybody, I just hope we get enough pressure 

I'd say it's less about pressure and more about containment. If you can keep Faj in the pocket and force him to pass, he's ******. He's likely the worst pure passer in the league right now. Jury's out on how well we can maintain containment with Wilcots etc filling in. 

21 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Send a search party out for Walters......True we haven't heard diddly from him for quite awhile....No rumours or updates on Drew D or the like ....which brings me to ask ...what is Drews status right now...Is he still waiting on a pr call from a team down south....???  Stay tuned I guess

The last word on Drew was that he wasn’t returning to the CFL this season while he waits for another NFL opportunity.