Hillbilly Jagoffs @ Back 2 Back Champs, Round 3: Pre-Game Thread

Noeller

3 hours ago, ddanger said:

Not disagreeing with you, but if we did have Gray play the whole game at tackle ( where he might be arguably better than guard ), that would free us up to have an American playing somewhere else. 

This roster has more issues with having quality Americans to start with than needing to move the ratio around to get them on the field.

We had 3 DI’s on D last week who didn’t even play a down on D

1 hour ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I am expecting a complete beat down of the Cryders.   After that loss in Hamilton, I hope the boys are fired up.   I am a bit concerned on our defensive depth and our D-Line push to get in Fajardo's grill. 

Cannot wait for Friday!

I think it's going to be a WAY tougher game than that. We're severely depleted right now and think it's going to take a complete team effort to win this one. I'm actually scared of the last 4 games of the year, with our roster the way it is...

4 hours ago, ddanger said:

Not disagreeing with you, but if we did have Gray play the whole game at tackle ( where he might be arguably better than guard ), that would free us up to have an American playing somewhere else. 

We’d probably play another Canadian 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I think it's going to be a WAY tougher game than that. We're severely depleted right now and think it's going to take a complete team effort to win this one. I'm actually scared of the last 4 games of the year, with our roster the way it is...

I think they are a bad team and we will beat them up. 

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nothing new....

Wolitarsky is questionable?

Sounds promising for a return soon 

So, Willie out in the Free Press this morning giving the Riders some Bulletin board material:

This is in the context of being asked about Dickenson's "we're not a good football team" comments:

“Any chance they get to make a mistake, every week, they pretty much do it. There are some good guys on their team, it’s just the lack of leadership. Like I said, there’s some good guys on the team, but the guys that are out there making mistakes seem to not care,” Bombers defensive end Willie Jefferson told the Free Press after Tuesday’s practice.

“They’re just out there to play for themselves, not trying to play for the team, not trying to play for the organization or the city. That is a city driven team, you know what I’m saying? For you to not have that on your mind going out there to play, it’s hard to be disciplined. So, that’s something that we preach over here. We want to play together, we want to be disciplined, and we want to play a clean game, but that’s something that they don’t do over there.”

Neufeld and MOS asked the same question but gave the usual respect your opponent themed answers.

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm with @Booch and @JuranBoldenRules in terms of our roster management. Don't like only 2 DEs unless Cooper actually plays as one and don't like us dressing guys like Cooper and Cole on D and them then not getting any reps there. Oh and hate that Holm/Parker pairing.

Holm didn’t look out of place last game in the sense that he didn’t stand out in a negative way and the one play he did give up, he was right there in coverage - it was simply a great play by the offence.  Parker on the other hand has been a liability since he stepped on the field.