Hillbilly Jagoffs @ Back 2 Back Champs, Round 3: Pre-Game Thread

Noeller

Just now, rebusrankin said:

I'm with @Booch and @JuranBoldenRules in terms of our roster management. Don't like only 2 DEs unless Cooper actually plays as one and don't like us dressing guys like Cooper and Cole on D and them then not getting any reps there. Oh and hate that Holm/Parker pairing.

yup....we lost Jeffcoat last game and the way the roster was constructed...our dline guys basically played the whole gme once he went out, and by 4th quarter were bagged right out....so...we do it again??...like wtf???

and yeah that pairing baffles me....No clue what they see in Holm...sure he is apparently quick...but so are a lot of guys who dont pan out

due to our lack of confidence in them playing up on the line, or true man coverage we play soft and allow play after play in front of them..exactly the only thing the Riders can do....and tho we been limiting TD's and points for most part...we saw what can happen....I dont buy/like the Osh menatality of if guys been here longer he seems to get the shot....even when clearly not better...but whatevs..we 12-2 and guess they know what they doing...but I dont like it

1 minute ago, voodoochylde said:

Holm didn’t look out of place last game in the sense that he didn’t generate negative attention and the one play he did give up, he was right there in coverage - it was simply a great play by the offence.  Parker on the other hand has been a liability since he stepped on the field.

Holm didnt look outta place as far as layman seen...but he didn't look stellar or like a legit stud...and from my vantage point he played soft, and also was in wrong place numerous times...as was relayed via some of BA comments, tho he never said names...there was a ripple effect in effect....and it made us look woefully weak and exploitable

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....we lost Jeffcoat last game and the way the roster was constructed...our dline guys basically played the whole gme once he went out, and by 4th quarter were bagged right out....so...we do it again??...like wtf???

and yeah that pairing baffles me....No clue what they see in Holm...sure he is apparently quick...but so are a lot of guys who dont pan out

due to our lack of confidence in them playing up on the line, or true man coverage we play soft and allow play after play in front of them..exactly the only thing the Riders can do....and tho we been limiting TD's and points for most part...we saw what can happen....I dont buy/like the Osh menatality of if guys been here longer he seems to get the shot....even when clearly not better...but whatevs..we 12-2 and guess they know what they doing...but I dont like it

Holm didnt look outta place as far as layman seen...but he didn't look stellar or like a legit stud...and from my vantage point he played soft, and also was in wrong place numerous times...as was relayed via some of BA comments, tho he never said names...there was a ripple effect in effect....and it made us look woefully weak and exploitable

Not saying he’s a stud or any sort of saviour simply that he hasn’t been the worst guy we’ve trotted out there .. first game, limited practice reps, he faired better than some of the players we put on the field.

I’ve been saying for weeks on end that that side of the defence is a disaster.  Gauthier has no business being an every down player and it seems we’re just plugging in warm bodies at this point.

we really dropped the ball with or PR and who/what we had on it...even when early in season some DB's got let go by their teams in the CFL we didnt pick one up....who already had CFL experience and was game ready....we only started when we got hit with injuries...and by that time we were kinda hooped...same can be said D-line wise too...we let Mack go for whatever reason, and actually stopped dressing that extra DE even after Hansen went down...and it bit us in the ass in Ham game...and could again, as we are woefully weak depth wise now...especially when we sign and dress guys who see no reps whatsoever...(hello Cole...Cooper...Hassell...even Ford who has experince in Canadian game, then guys like Harrison..Dobson last game on the offensive side) 

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

we really dropped the ball with or PR and who/what we had on it...even when early in season some DB's got let go by their teams in the CFL we didnt pick one up....who already had CFL experience and was game ready....we only started when we got hit with injuries...and by that time we were kinda hooped...same can be said D-line wise too...we let Mack go for whatever reason, and actually stopped dressing that extra DE even after Hansen went down...and it bit us in the ass in Ham game...and could again, as we are woefully weak depth wise now...especially when we sign and dress guys who see no reps whatsoever...(hello Cole...Cooper...Hassell...even Ford who has experince in Canadian game, then guys like Harrison..Dobson last game on the offensive side) 

Our roster management is often lacking (perhaps a side effect of mos going from sts co to hc) but our pr useage has not been this poor before under the mafia. I’ve also never seen soo many dis not get a snap. 

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

😍

bulletin-bulletin-primary-w-orange-tee.j

What’s the artists name who made that logo again? She did an incredible job. 

this orange shirt and the black godfather Canadian mafia shirt are my favourite bomber store creations in recent history. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm with @Booch and @JuranBoldenRules in terms of our roster management. Don't like only 2 DEs unless Cooper actually plays as one and don't like us dressing guys like Cooper and Cole on D and them then not getting any reps there. Oh and hate that Holm/Parker pairing.

Not so worried about the DBs there’s no one else really.

But look at how thin our O is…if we’re going to dress guys just to chase kicks maybe one of them can be a receiver?

Little worried about not dressing an extra DL for this game. Our guys have to go an extra 10-15 yards deep every play to find Fajardo spinning around heading backwards every play. Our guys might get winded from having to go back all the extra yardage he surrenders before being sacked. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Their coach said they were not a good team and worse than their record shows.

He also said they were undisciplined and selfish.

So Willie Jefferson saying it is going to fire them up? 😂

I agree. If they aren't fired up already at their coach, there is nothing left to do but fold the tent over there.

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Their coach said they were not a good team and worse than their record shows.

He also said they were undisciplined and selfish.

So Willie Jefferson saying it is going to fire them up? 😂

Sure their coach said they weren't a very good football team...but you misunderstood him....or the words were taken out of context...or that's not really what he was trying to say...or something like that...

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Little worried about not dressing an extra DL for this game. Our guys have to go an extra 10-15 yards deep every play to find Fajardo spinning around heading backwards every play. Our guys might get winded from having to go back all the extra yardage he surrenders before being sacked. 

yup...we excelled on the dline when we had a rotation of the Jeffs and Kongbo and Hansen rotating in with 4 other dlineman.....tis yr we had some injures with Jeffcoat but had at least WJ and Wiccotts and Mack...then Hansen rolling in....we dumped mack...lost Hansen and stopped dressing Wicotts...and ever since havnt been that good....wtf is the reason?

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not so worried about the DBs there’s no one else really.

But look at how thin our O is…if we’re going to dress guys just to chase kicks maybe one of them can be a receiver?

and the DB thing...several guys got dumped and then picked up by other teams this yr...we sat on our hands..and as DB's dropped did nothing really until too late..so yeah we have Holm and Parker in there by default...and they make us weaker by a long shot....whats Waters been doing?...and it aint cause we in SMS hell...we had several bigger slararied guys 6 gamed this yr...dont get it

then we do bring some guys in...a couple we roster right away...and dont touch the field...

6 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Wait...are we 12 - 2 or 2 and 12...??🤣

Does it matter? The team lost a game and we all had a bye week to stew. The responses from some are on brand. A win over Sask and this complaint will fall silent. Another loss and the sky will be falling. As predictable as the tides. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I may have to pick one of these up tomorrow night... I assume some (or all?) proceeds go to various indigenous charities/causes?

35 minutes ago, JCon said:

Proceeds go to youth indigenous sport programs. 

They have a few different styles in. 

They have been very vocal of the support of WASAC and the proceeds are headed there.

https://www.wasac.ca/