3 stars plus hh the juggernaut rolls on

wbbfan

6 hours ago, TBURGESS said:
  1. Collaros - Great movement in the pocket. Pin point accuracy.
  2. Brady O - Key to the win was his first down production.
  3. Bighill - Gotta give some love to the D

HH - Wolo

Bighill wasn't all that prominent, but he and the defence got the job done. Every time I think that the defence is spinning their tires and giving up too much, somehow they get it done. And with missing some key pieces as well.

1- Zach was a surgeon and one of his best performances as a Bomber

2-Schoen/Demski,Demski shows his importance with an immediate impact and Schoen has been nothing short of spectacular and vet like

3- Oliveira - huge game for him and a 100 yard game he desperately needed

HH- THIS ENTIRE TEAM. The next man up mentality is so finely tuned with this team that the next man feels like an every day starter. O'Shea,Walters and Miller deserve immeasurable amounts of credit.

Edited by Nolby

1) Collaros - Another night where he willed us to win. The man just has a cannon of an arm, as he so often is throwing in motion, yet he is still accurate! It's nuts!

2) Demski - Some great blocks, some even better runs after the catch, and 2 touchdowns. Welcome back Nic! We really missed you.

3) O-Line - Fantastic protection and movement from the big guys up front! Opened up some great holes for Oliveira, as well as gave Zach the time he needed for plays to develop. Did you see Bryant hustle down the field on that Grant sweep? Even more impressive when you consider that everyone save for Gray and Kolankowski are really banged up. Huge kudos to these guys for what they were able to do against a formidable opponent.

HH - Wolitarsky - two very important catches at critical points in the game to preserve drives. Without those catches we may not have won this game.

Other observations:

-The D had a (comparative to normal) hard time tonight - Willie was routinely getting double-teamed, and you could tell everyone in coverage was cheating a bit so as to help Hallett out on his first night as safety. We bent but didn't break though, and that's all that counts.

-Legghio had a pretty good game. It is good to see him rebound as he's had some rough misses the past few games.

-I'm still on the fence on Oliveira - he still just ran straight into the trenches as he always has all season. I see nothing different from him, skill/play-wise, and I need to see more before I change my mind. I think Calgary's D-Line was having a rough night more than anything. I still don't think he has the skills needed for the position unfortunately.

-Schoen with another great game. Man, the guy's a burner with great hands! Another toy for Zach! Can't wait for Ellingson to return from injury as we're going to give the rest of the league fits!

-Bailey starting to heat up - he had a great game and made some timely catches with YAC. 

-Hallett... made that critical play yes, but he was otherwise standing around an awful lot. When Carey busted through at the goal line he was just sitting there, when he could have jumped forward to make the tackle. He seemed not to want to make arm tackles at all tonight and would often just dive for the legs, which completely exposes you if someone spins off or jumps over you. I hope O'Shea or Biggie goes over proper arm tackling with him because that can't continue - we will get torched.

All in all though a great effort from the guys, particularly so as we are really beat up right now. Hang in there guys, we're almost at the bye!

Edited by Potential

I was really happy to read multiple comments from stamps fans on Calgarypuck that our fans in Calgary were awesome and made it hard to hate the Bombers 

I remember when we won in Calgary in 2019 I posted I hoped we didn't get big heads and become massive ***** like the Riders and their pig fans. So happy we're still cool even with success. 

Edited by White Out

1 hour ago, White Out said:

I remember when we won in Calgary in 2019 I posted I hoped we didn't get big heads and become massive ***** like the Riders and their pig fans.

I've never understood when fans watching their team play on the road are total dicks to the other fanbase in the stadium.

Like, we both enjoy the CFL, just cheer for differing teams, why ruin someone else's gameday experience by being a jerk? I remember going to McMahon for the 2019 Grey Cup sitting next to an Edmonton fan, he was a cool dude and we talked CFL.