Week 8: Non Champ Games

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What I learned so far is that Kate is bad at her job on the panel. I honestly don't think she likes football. Maybe switch her to NBA and NCAA basketball coverage.

Imo she try’s too hard. Too over the top and contrived. She just needs to be more herself and focus more of her energy on football.

On an unrelated note just as a fyi to the marketing folk and the CFL showing stupid Sleeman commercials over and over and over again ensures I will never ever buy that product.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Imo she try’s too hard. Too over the top and contrived. She just needs to be more herself and focus more of her energy on football.

On an unrelated note just as a fyi to the marketing folk and the CFL showing stupid Sleeman commercials over and over and over again ensures I will never ever buy that product.

Just keep thinking about all the $ they are funneling into TSN and the CFL.

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Aww, come on. She adds some levity to an otherwise mostly dull panel and is not hard on the eyes. Sort of a female Rod Black but smarter and not as irritating.

Oh yes smarter and more attractive but I would respectfully submit she competes with him on the irritating factor but it’s definitely fixable.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Just keep thinking about all the $ they are funneling into TSN and the CFL.

Oh I get that but man oh man it gets to the point of please just stop the pain.

59 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Can you imagine having Toronto's schedule for the next 2 months? My God.

What is the deal with the schedule this season?  How unfair is it that one team has 9 games in which they basically don't have any travel?   Also won't people tire of seeing Hamilton Vs Toronto 4 out of 5 weeks?    

They really need to do a much better job of balancing the schedule next season

50 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What I learned so far is that Kate is bad at her job on the panel. I honestly don't think she likes football. Maybe switch her to NBA and NCAA basketball coverage.

Kate is terrible and adds nothing at all,  if all they want is eye candy then they can do a much better job.  

Also Milt praising Charleston Hughes .... get him off the panel also he's terrible.   I'd way rather have a coach (maybe LaPo next season after he's canned?)   giving insights on the games. 

I love how the camera picked up Boto telling the Argo players in rapid fire to shut up after taking a penalty to keep that drive alive. Lol. Need more of those shots to catch the interest of fans, not just the mic’d up stuff just more field level stuff. That’s good ****.

Dinwiddie gets canned before Dickinson in Sasky my prediction. 

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I love how the camera picked up Boto telling the Argo players in rapid fire to shut up after taking a penalty to keep that drive alive. Lol. Need more of those shots to catch the interest of fans, not just the mic’d up stuff just more field level stuff. That’s good ****.

Dinwiddie gets canned before Dickinson in Sasky my prediction. 

Looks like the Arbys are gonna win this one, and I'm happy for LaPolice. He may not be the reincarnation of Don Matthews, but he looks to be a good guy. Doesn't have all the horses they need yet, particularly behind center. Evans may or may not be the answer but we will not know until he has a half-dozen games under his belt plus a couple more pieces on offence.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Looks like the Arbys are gonna win this one, and I'm happy for LaPolice. He may not be the reincarnation of Don Matthews, but he looks to be a good guy. Doesn't have all the horses they need yet, particularly behind center. Evans may or may not be the answer but we will not know until he has a half-dozen games under his belt plus a couple more pieces on offence.

Evans not flashy very business like kept it simple did what he had to do. Impresssive.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Was prob still pooped and recovering his old body from last game 

I realize your comment was tongue in cheek, but to me it looked like Ottawa had schemed for Harris and pretty much smothered him every time he had the ball.  I would have thought Harris would have been used as a receiver more often and he is a darned good one. Would have opened up more options for the Argos.

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I realize your comment was tongue in cheek, but to me it looked like Ottawa had schemed for Harris and pretty much smothered him every time he had the ball.  I would have thought Harris would have been used as a receiver more often and he is a darned good one. Would have opened up more options for the Argos.

You need to get Harris involved early and often, be patient with him even if he doesn’t produce every time. Once he finds his groove watch out. One thing that has not changed in football. You need to establish the run to keep the D honest.