Week 8: Non Champ Games

32 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Another whiny Fajardo article of 3DN.

“On the day I fly back from the bye week, I’ll turn my brain back on and watch the game, but there’ll be no CFL, no social media, no nothing for me,” said Fajardo. “So now’s your time to say whatever you want to about me.”

Time to retire, Cody. Is things bother you that much.

The Riders have some great players on D. Robertson, Lanier, Moncrief, Sankey and Dean are all fantastic players in that front 7 but man oh man is their offence absolute hot garbage.

Fajardo sucks. Their OL sucks. Duke has given up. KSB looks disinterested. Jamal Morrow is out there busting his ass making plays and the rest of the O just looks like they’re going through the motions.

48 minutes ago, Mike said:

The Riders have some great players on D. Robertson, Lanier, Moncrief, Sankey and Dean are all fantastic players in that front 7 but man oh man is their offence absolute hot garbage.

Fajardo sucks. Their OL sucks. Duke has given up. KSB looks disinterested. Jamal Morrow is out there busting his ass making plays and the rest of the O just looks like they’re going through the motions.

And Craig Dickenson plays his violin while the team burns to the ground. 

talk that there may be a head coaching change in Riderville if the slide in the standing continues. Thanks to Jason Maas Craig Dickenson probably has job security. Even the Riders wouldn't replace Dickenson with the Mt St Helens of the coaching world. It would be so hilarious though if they did promote Maas. A team on the edge being coached by a guy who has stepped off that edge many times. What could possibly go wrong? 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

The telling sign there too is the “hopefully we get some guys back soon” line that players and coaches keep saying.  So automatically you lower the expectations if you lose anyone to injury?

Think we’re on our 5th SAM in this run since mid-2019…how come they can all be impactful players?  We’re on the backup to the backup safety and that guy can make the play to end the game.

20 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

It says alot about yourself and team when just 8 weeks into the season you cant wait to get otta dodge.  

#emocody needs his mommy. 

Lots of pro athletes hate their fans & media. They just want to be left alone. Sad but that's the way it as pro sports is just a microcosm of today's society. 

In 1970, when I was 14, I went to a Bomber game.  It was a late October game & damned cold. My friend talked me into hanging around the Bomber office waiting for players to come out walking to their cars.

One player in particular was a halfback named D i c k Smith. The Bombers picked him up on waivers from the Alouettes a couple of weeks earlier. He had a reputation across the league of being an ass**** to fans & media in Montreal. He was never happy in Montreal & I guess they got tired of his act so he ended up on the worst team in the CFL. I remember he was upset he was picked up by the Bombers who would go 2-14 that season. (Als won the GC that year).

Anyway, he came out the door & I was closest to him. I recognized him right away & actually I was afraid to ask him for an autograph. I quickly gathered the courage to ask thinking he'd either swear at me or give me a slap. Maybe both!! He stopped, took my piece of paper & signed it. Then walked away without saying a word. Never forgot that. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Agree for the most part...but talk amoung players in league is Lanier is a dirty p.o.s in piles and scrums....and as we seen takes dumb selfish penalties..Moncreif at times too is a bit of a buttplug...not sure those 2 pros out weigh their cons...Morrow isn't an every down back...and only leading league cause stanback out...Carey played 2 less games...Same with Butler and our backs have somewhat split reps and nobody has took hold of the 1A spot...yet. Hickson there would be the better option if not hurt now..but the coaching staff there too brain dead to see that...KSB needs a change of scenery and gauranteed he bolts when this deal is up. 

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The telling sign there too is the “hopefully we get some guys back soon” line that players and coaches keep saying.  So automatically you lower the expectations if you lose anyone to injury?

Think we’re on our 5th SAM in this run since mid-2019…how come they can all be impactful players?  We’re on the backup to the backup safety and that guy can make the play to end the game.

You've never heard that uttered here...ever...hence why we 8-0...it's "our backups we expect to step in and get the job done...we don't consider them backups as they all starter quality"

37 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Never heard someone get called a “buttplug” before 😂

Outside of lurking RF I’ve never noticed Lanier 

Hahah....yup...not a term of glory that's for sure haha

19 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Argo attendance is a black eye on the CFL, the crowd today is embarrassing for a city that big.

They should at least move cameras to the otherwise of field to show the stands that actually have 5 thousand people in them

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Hey Kate what we have learn so far this year is that it's the Bombers way up at the top of the mountain by themselves and then everyone else.

What I learned so far is that Kate is bad at her job on the panel. I honestly don't think she likes football. Maybe switch her to NBA and NCAA basketball coverage.