Trade deadline thread.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Or no one wanted him for what him and his agent thinks he's worth.

Doubtful. Him and his agent wouldn't be making trades anyways. Sounds like he never was going to be moved 

17 goals 14 assists. Plus 5 on a team who is mostly minus. He likely didn't want to go. 

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup.

Just don't like his knuckle dragging views as a human being. I want the Jet jersey off him Asap.

He donated 1000 bucks and he's a millionaire. Whatever. Honestly most these guys likely feel the same 

Sounds like copp got multiple picks and a prospect 

Kravtsov? Jones? Robertson? 

Barron can still develop into a good player.  One of the 2nd s could easily become a 1st.  The other 2nd  we can choose to take it in another year. Plus we exchanged picks , gaining a round. That's a pretty good return. I loved watching Copp play but he is a 3 line center ( a good one) , that can move up in a pinch. A good solid player but not at all flashy. If you were expecting much  more you were deluding yourself.

Barron 9 goals 6 assists in 25 games for ahl Harford.  Big guy. Nice scouting report plus basically 2 2nds and a 5th? 

What more can you expect?

Stastny? I know a couple people in the biz and I texted the one guy and they said there was no Market for him so much so that he wasn't even in the top 30 on tsn or sportsnet today.  You aren't getting superstars for rentals but that's a huge haul for essentially our 3rd line winger who wasn't signing here 

Edited by Goalie

Anyone hear Friedman? Big changes likely this summer coming to the Jets.  Don't be surprised if Helle or and Scheif are not Jets soon.  Scheif is the name that's been out there a while... Helle? Maybe they don't like his attitude and comments he made. If he was having vezina level year maybe not a big deal but... he's not and I think pissed lots of people off. Judging by my eye test the team tries harder for Comrie. 

Friedman ain't wrong much. Don't be surprised.  

Also Reichel signed a 2 year 2 way extension today 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'd be fine with Helle getting shipped out for a kings random IF the Jets had a legit starter anywhere in the system.... 

Maybe they get one in return who is less of a headache than Hellebuyck? 

Comrie if given a shot could be that guy. He's been better than helle this year. 

Changes are coming. Just saying to be ready for it cuz Friedman don't say these things without some knowledge 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Maybe they get one in return who is less of a headache than Hellebuyck? 

Comrie if given a shot could be that guy. He's been better than helle this year. 

Changes are coming. Just saying to be ready for it cuz Friedman don't say these things without some knowledge 

Comrie is not that guy.   

Comrie is barely a serviceable NHL back up. There's a reason he's been a Samsonite player his whole career. He's not the guy. Berdin is a bag of cats... You can smell crazy on him. But I agree with Goalie about maybe you get one in return. What if Philly is crazy enough to "win now" and swaps Hart?? Not the craziest thing that's ever happened.... 

I don't think they'll do that to Helle, it's a different situation here Management probably has better faith in Helle than we do right now

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Comrie is barely a serviceable NHL back up. There's a reason he's been a Samsonite player his whole career. He's not the guy. Berdin is a bag of cats... You can smell crazy on him. But I agree with Goalie about maybe you get one in return. What if Philly is crazy enough to "win now" and swaps Hart?? Not the craziest thing that's ever happened.... 

what's a bag of cats compared to a chicken running around with it's head cut off (going all over the place?)