Trade deadline thread.

Post all relevant deadline deals and discussion here. 

And a live question for the group: Which would be the best and worst things the Jets could do:

(a) make a trade to acquire a piece for a playoff push

(b) abandon the playoff run now and trade off assets to build for the future

(c) stand pat and use your own players as playoff rentals

And if you think a trade should happen, who should they get/give away, AND more importantly, what does the trade look like. An answer like “trade Scheifele, doesn’t matter who for, just get rid of him” is weak and just stupid noise, let’s be serious about who leaves or comes in and how it would work with salary cap factored in. 

DeBrusk requires a $4.5 million qualifying offer next year minimum or he becomes a UFA. Given his career stats that would be an overpay. If Copp is too expensive at that rate, I‘d say no to DeBrusk. Crouse is an interesting target, and at $1.75 million qualifying offer would be cheaper. Is Arizona shopping him around? Thought they would keep him to build around or ask for more in return. They are not looking for a short term fix there, so unless they had a guaranteed contract in hand not sure they go after Copp. His concussion status will be a big factor. 

I almost wish the Jets were 10+ pts out of the playoff picture.  With them now being only 4 points behin, management might start thinking this is a playoff team.  Anyways I don't think the Jets will make the playoffs and we need to retool for next year.  Perfetti has shown he's ready and it's too bad he got injured.    I'd shop Copp and Stastny, and Beaulieu, although Copp's injury likely derailed any trade talk now.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

hmm what a coincidence and they just sent Heinola to the moose...nah this is just wishful thinking, I would love to see Perreault back here though but I know it won't happen

I would get Perreault in a heartbeat! Don't see why we can't get him with Beaulieu on LTIR. Dump whomever.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Apology in advance for not knowing, but after hearing that Copp wants to stay in Winnipeg long term why not sign him?

His asking price too much, cap issues, combination of the two, other?

I think it's a cap issue. Where do you fit him in for what he's worth? 

If they traded "C" and/or "A", then I could see some room.