Trade deadline thread.

35 minutes ago, iHeart said:

sigh...bye bye Beaulieu

Lol sigh? Yeah... ok 

More like a surprised they got anything for him. 

Bad teams trade players who are ufa at the deadline. We are a bad team. 

Despite what tsn Jets broadcasters are trying to say.. we Do Not control our own destiny and Won't be making the playoffs   

Does anyone think this team who can't win 3 in a row can go 15 and 5 the last 20? They are trending towards 89 points. They ain't making it. Copp is next.. maybe Stastny and Dillon also (If offer can't refuse on him) 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, iHeart said:

5 years ago they managed to win 7 games in a row...at the end of the season....and they were already out of the playoffs

The teams in front of them aren't losing. They aren't making it. 5 years ago is an eternity.  THIS current team needs significant changes. Who cares about 5 years ago. 5 years ago covid didn't exist.. my daughter was a baby and not in school.. it's an eternity. This current team can't win 3 In a row. They can't show up for 3 periods in a row even 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Despite what tsn Jets broadcasters are trying to say.. we Do Not control our own destiny and Won't be making the playoffs  

Isn't it their job to say stuff like this to continually stoke interest in the team?  They have to drink the Kool-Aid.

You won't hear any Jets broadcaster tell you otherwise until they are officially out of the playoffs. And mathematically they're not eliminated, so it's easy filler for any media outlets to say the Jets are still in the playoff race because it's true.

I think most of us are resigned to the fact that they will miss the playoffs and we want Chevy to make some more moves for next year.

1 minute ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Isn't it their job to say stuff like this to continually stoke interest in the team?  They have to drink the Kool-Aid.

You won't hear any Jets broadcaster tell you otherwise until they are officially out of the playoffs. And mathematically they're not eliminated, so it's easy filler for any media outlets to say the Jets are still in the playoff race because it's true.

I think most of us are resigned to the fact that they will miss the playoffs and we want Chevy to make some more moves for next year.

You are right. Its their job to keep ppl from turning it off but it's a little much. 

Chicago isn't good. Barely hang on to beat them. I'd hope most the fanbase knows change is needed tho 

29 minutes ago, iHeart said:

and now I'm hearing the pick we got from the Beaulieu trade is conditional

Irrelevant.  His cap hit being gone is a win 

Brian Little plus Nathan Smith to Arizona for a 4th. 

Jets clearing out the LTIR 

Beaulieu doesn't matter. He's statistically one of the worst d in the league. 

Little don't matter as he's not playing again. Clearing out cap when u have none is important 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, iHeart said:

oh deep down we all knew that Little wasn't going to play again but I didn't think they'd trade him and just like that Wheeler is the last Thrasher standing

Why wouldn't they trade him? He's taking up valuable cap space. 

Arizona takes on his contract which helps them reach the cap floor. We get a 4th rd pick. Win win 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I bought LTIR space was unlimited?

Smith was close to going back in draft yes?

VGK not get MAF? We all win. Still think MIN is a weak team. 

Jets now have full cap space and don't have to wait for LTIR space to open up. LTIR is earned per game.

Smith wasn't signing.

Does VGK have any cap space to make a trade for MAF? I doubt it. 

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I bought LTIR space was unlimited?

Smith was close to going back in draft yes?

VGK not get MAF? We all win. Still think MIN is a weak team. 

Smith has 1 more year of eligibility left and wasn't gonna sign here