2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

There was a training camp QB who had an ... uncle? ... on here ... IIRC the QB made a splash in a preseason game and was very briefly the next big thing, but I think he got cut...wish I could remember his name.  I think this was early in the Canadian Mafia era...

Edit: Justin Holland.  It was his dad, not his uncle.  That was in freaking 2007.  Fourteen years ago.  good lord I'm old.

I believe that qb was robert marve.

3 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Funny. I have a game worn (or likely a practice worn) Hugh Smith jersey I got in a huge lot of jerseys from a friend of mine. Had no idea who he was. 

He was a good dude. Really electric athlete but way too raw. Got any other interesting deep cut jerseys?

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

There was a training camp QB who had an ... uncle? ... on here ... IIRC the QB made a splash in a preseason game and was very briefly the next big thing, but I think he got cut...wish I could remember his name.  I think this was early in the Canadian Mafia era...

Edit: Justin Holland.  It was his dad, not his uncle.  That was in freaking 2007.  Fourteen years ago.  good lord I'm old.

Way back in the Taman era Canadian qb and tcf over achiever Tommy Dennisons dad was on the forum. Iirc he melted down when his kid was cut. To be fair he did look good in limited reps with 5 stringers but ni qbs were brought in to protect more valuable arms. 

20 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Who was the guy on OB that went nuts before put eyes about Goltz? 

Was funny at first then got wierd then just sad as he basically had discussions with himself before the site died. 

That was Roadgriller. Named himself after Matt Dunigan's TV show.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Khari coached young qbs in Calgary at a Multi Sports training facility for a couple of years after he retired. He told me then that he wanted to be absolutely certain he didn't want to play anymore before he would pursue coaching opportunities. He did want to coach at the NCAA or CFL level & he was just biding his time. Meanwhile, my son learned from him as a high school qb. He was a great guy. Most former pros are btw. 

I can tell you on the hockey side. Keith Tkachuk was as much of an ass off the ice as he was a pest on the ice. 

3 hours ago, stevethe3rd said:

So we are just going to ignore the tweet that DT put out later that said he had no riders on his all star ballot ? He is just simply stating facts in this tweet and everyone here seems to be the one getting upset. 

Who here seems upset? What exactly would any fan of this team have to be upset about right now, anyway?

Edited by blue_gold_84

Oh man all of these names that used to haunt my past! Remember Nasty Nate? Dude who owned a book store in Winnipeg? He had been kicked from every CFL forum including RF which was impressive as they soaked in all of his Bomber hate but claimed to be some huge Bomber fan. Anyways, he was recently kicked off curling zone!!! Yes he managed to even get kicked from a curling forum.

10 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Oh I’m sure I do! I have over 50 now….. lol

If you're bored one day that sounds like a great off season thread. 

3 hours ago, O2L said:

I thought that was Michael Bishop?

Spergeon Wynn tee Martin Giovanni carmazzi all picked before Brady. Jarious Jackson shortly after. 

Bishop was picked in 99 the year before. In Bradys rookie year he carried a clip board for bishop. 

7 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Who here seems upset? What exactly would any fan of this team have to be upset about right now, anyway?

I think he's confusing upset with mildly amused. We just won the gc no one in bomber land is upset. 

I don't think biased rider media angers any bomber fans. It's more laughable stuff. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Kyle Walters said last night that the off season plan is something to the effect of we have a good team with good players. Let's try to bring them all back and go back to back to back in 2022. Excited to see who is announced first. My guess is Yoshi or Bailey. 

Got me wondering why only 1 of the 3 QB's was at last nights function? Perhaps the end of season discussions has something to do with it?