2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

41 minutes ago, JCon said:

I would be surprised if they didn't bring him back, unless they lost complete confidence in him. I still expect him to compete for the back-up spot. 

I think you're right. But I don't think he's coming into camp as the no2. I think he will battle for 3rd. I think we see 5 qbs in Tc unless we find an experienced back up. 

Thanks for that, J! After feeling pressured by SpeedFlex buying a flex pack for next year, the wife and I are thinking we'll do the same. Flights are cheap, so it's easy to fly in and out for a weekend a few times per summer...just gotta pick the games. 

5 hours ago, ddanger said:

I don't think us fans truly appreciate the sacrifice some of the American players make when they leave their families to come up here.  Look at Houston #35 as an example. And the total solid our team did for him.  But my point is the huge sacrifice some make to come here for 4-5 months away from their families. No judgement from me if they go home right away. And now with all this increasing covid crap, who can blame them??

The insanity and violence has not gotten any better since summertime, so I would not be surprised if he and his family decided to stay put here for awhile.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Thanks for that, J! After feeling pressured by SpeedFlex buying a flex pack for next year, the wife and I are thinking we'll do the same. Flights are cheap, so it's easy to fly in and out for a weekend a few times per summer...just gotta pick the games. 

I'll drive as I now have the time. I don't have to be at work at 6:30 am every morning anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah I think we see a bit of aqb carousel this off season

I wonder if the Bombers will be looking to upgrade the #2 qb spot. I was disappointed in Sean McGuire. When he had his chance to show he could be the heir apparent to Zach it was an epic fail. He looked nervous & confused. A second year pro shouldn't be that way. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

McGuire should be wanted back.

I dunno. See my comments above.

18 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

His back up LT went out and he was under fire in a bad weather game.

Did he play good? No. Do I want to just walk away? No. 

Isn't he a fairly new first time dad as well? 

Dude had a lot going on. I want a better look

Buck gave McGuire a pretty crappy play list to choose from too.  I'd like to see what McGuire can do with all the top horses on the field.  If he craps the bed with the best O line and receivers and a full playbook then yeah, time to pull the plug.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Brandon Alexander said some unbelievably awesome stuff about playing here, the fans at home and on the road,  when he was on Winnipeg Sports Talk yesterday.

I love BA.

I encourage y'all to listen.

If you want to know why the Bombers were the class of the league this year, watch that BA interview. It says everything.