GDT - Week 16 - The Champs @ The Stamps

JCon

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

On the drive home from McMahon now. Stamps are ****. This was their GC tonight. They'll lose to Sask next week for sure. They needed our 3rd string D to march at all against us. Maier is better than Bo but thankfully the Stamps done seem to know it. 

I will forgive you for not seeing the Riders team this week, given that you were headed to McMahon, but they are hot-****. Mediocrity in the CFL. 

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

On the drive home from McMahon now. Stamps are ****. This was their GC tonight. They'll lose to Sask next week for sure. They needed our 3rd string D to march at all against us. Maier is better than Bo but thankfully the Stamps done seem to know it. 

I will forgive you for not seeing the Riders team this week, given that you were headed to McMahon, but they are hot-****. Mediocrity in the CFL. 

4 hours ago, White Out said:

As far as I'm concerned, Brown is our number 2 now

You sat in the stands and watched that game and came to that conclusion? Brown had some nice scrambles but his throws were absolutely atrocious. McGuire threw some ints in montreal yes but at least he appears to have an arm that can threaten a defence. Brown didn't do **** in the passing game and if he did it was all short balls. Basically what Fajardo did before his "break out" He might be a prospect worth developing but he ain't ready to be the #2. If Mcguire stepped into a game with that kind of running attack going no way he doesn't have more success than Brown had. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

You sat in the stands and watched that game and came to that conclusion? Brown had some nice scrambles but his throws were absolutely atrocious. McGuire threw some ints in montreal yes but at least he appears to have an arm that can threaten a defence. Brown didn't do **** in the passing game and if he did it was all short balls. Basically what Fajardo did before his "break out" He might be a prospect worth developing but he ain't ready to be the #2. If Mcguire stepped into a game with that kind of running attack going no way he doesn't have more success than Brown had. 

I made this post after a couple decent Brown throws. On average he was just as brutal as McGuire. Were pretty adrift at backup QB

Augustine was a force out there......the rest of the practice went about as best you get when there's nothing at stake.....okay maybe a little pride........I hope to hell we don't have to use either backup qb. the rest of the way except on short yardage....That play where Brown had to just tuck it and pick up the six was disheartening.....Zack puts us in an easy td spot and the kid throws it away.....Can't be too hard on the guy as he's as green as as an Irish shamrock but actually his run plays weren't  that bad ...McGuire definitely has the edge in the passing dept. , which isn't saying a helluva lot..Time to prepare for the real thing now and out of all that I hope Alexander is alright....Onward and upward

I give absolutely zero f’s about the loss. Houston blew the coverage on the td. Brown played like garbage. They stacked the box vs our run bc Brown couldn’t throw. Should’ve been a face mask against Darby at end. Castillo and Zach were great. To lose like that will just fire up d. Don’t forget Biggie and Jefferson out at the end. 

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

Now who was the ding dong that said Augustine only breaks one big run and then gets a bunch of 2 yard runs?    

I would like for that person to apologize. 

Did you skip the 2nd half of the game? 1 yard 2 yard 2 yards 8 yards minus 2 yards 4 yards 1 yard 6 yards 7 yards 5 yards and 0 yards. 

He ran for 148 yards 8 carries over 9 yards which made up 100 of those 148. He had 8 carries for 3 or less yards. 14 of his carries were for less than his ypc. 

Ring ring hey Brandon it's reality calling its looking for an apology from you. 

At this point  both Brady and Augustine need to find more consistantcy before being the guy to replace Harris. But having both is a great luxury as even If Harris retires the year we can run a great platoon. 

And with augustines improved quickness and ability to break big runs assuming Harris is healthy for the wf augustine should still get reps and touches to spell Harris and  create openings for him. 

15 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Brown made McGuire look like um well better anyways.

Brown looked more uncomfortable just handling the ball than any pro debut in recent memory. Yes it was cold. But he had the full complement of starters minus Harris and our run game was strong before he came in. And he still couldn't do squat. McGuire had the poorest ol we've fielded in years. 

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Did you skip the 2nd half of the game? 1 yard 2 yard 2 yards 8 yards minus 2 yards 4 yards 1 yard 6 yards 7 yards 5 yards and 0 yards. 

He ran for 148 yards 8 carries over 9 yards which made up 100 of those 148. He had 8 carries for 3 or less yards. 14 of his carries were for less than his ypc. 

Ring ring hey Brandon it's reality calling its looking for an apology from you. 

At this point  both Brady and Augustine need to find more consistantcy before being the guy to replace Harris. But having both is a great luxury as even If Harris retires the year we can run a great platoon. 

And with augustines improved quickness and ability to break big runs assuming Harris is healthy for the wf augustine should still get reps and touches to spell Harris and  create openings for him. 

Brown looked more uncomfortable just handling the ball than any pro debut in recent memory. Yes it was cold. But he had the full complement of starters minus Harris and our run game was strong before he came in. And he still couldn't do squat. McGuire had the poorest ol we've fielded in years. 

It's almost like there was a lack of a certain offensive attack style so cgy solely focused taking away the run in the 2nd half....

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just about every player from every team will be free agents this off season. We should be able to sign a decent back up to Collaros. 

Half the league doesn't even have a reliable starter.  More than half if you don't have much belief in MBT or question the longevity of BLM and Reilly.

I don't really know who people want as a "decent backup."  With no preseason this year there's not much to go on.  Best options would be guys like Pipkin or guys who are broken down like Nichols.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Half the league doesn't even have a reliable starter.  More than half if you don't have much belief in MBT or question the longevity of BLM and Reilly.

I don't really know who people want as a "decent backup."  With no preseason this year there's not much to go on.  Best options would be guys like Pipkin or guys who are broken down like Nichols.

Just re-sign Collaros and all's good. If he wants to go home to Toronto pull out all the stops to get Maier

We’re now at a time when “veteran back up” means guys like Pipkin, Harker etc…. Potentials like Caleb Evans, Maier and Arbuckle will want chances to be starters.

McGuire had a horrible outing in pouring rain and with all guards for an OL.  Definitely would be ok with him getting well-timed opportunities next year with the full starting offence and playbook.

Not saying he’s automatically the future but I always think of Anthony Calvillo and the Sacramento Goldminers getting steamrolled by a Dunigan-led Bombers in the mid 90’s.  How many people wrote him off as a never-will-be (me included).  Just saying sometimes management sticks with someone for a reason and it works out every now and then.