Burke

Adrenaline_x

Why not fire all the coaches and let the players just play as they see fit?  You really want one guy doing the HC and OC and QB Coach?  And another who cant even DC without Burke helping him?  I know the season is a write-off, but with the changes that are coming, there is no reason to make changes now.  Change will come.

Desperate people with nothing to lose like Burke can wind up doing stupid things in a crazy attempt to save their job, that`s the concern with letting him stay on when the year is already a write off. 

who says the next person isn't just as likely to do something crazy to try and make his temp job a fulltime gig next year. Esp when the person comming in can basically do what they want with no of the consequences reflecting on them.

Desperate people with nothing to lose like Burke can wind up doing stupid things in a crazy attempt to save their job, that`s the concern with letting him stay on when the year is already a write off. 

who says the next person isn't just as likely to do something crazy to try and make his temp job a fulltime gig next year. Esp when the person comming in can basically do what they want with no of the consequences reflecting on them.

Marcel is angling for the job in Ottawa, he isn't going to do anything to compromise that.

Come on , to suggest Burke would do something desperate or crazy is ridiculous.  You might not like him as a coach but he's not an axe murderer or anything.  He deserves a little respect.  He's not going to to do anything maliciously to hurt this franchise.

And if he does, he further ruins his already tarnished reputation. 

I'm more concerned with his apparent "not give a ****" attitude. I just think he's going to be a bad influence on the young players. Get rid of the dead man walking.

Anyone who wants Burke fired right now is not thinking things through.

What's not to think through?

MB becomes interim HC until the end of the season. Bump his pay a bit and know he is gone to Ottawa. Tell him not to throw players under the bus in press conferences.

Burke is going to end more than his own carreer if he shows that little faith in his offence and tosses good defensive players under the bus. He is doing more harm than good by being kept around. Yeah, I get that he isn't going to quite (and I don't blame him) but he is not adding anything these days.

You really think MB wants to take on HC as well as OC duties?  And do you really think, at this point, he's going to make that much of a difference?

Bumping up his pay would just mean that they'd be now not only be paying for Burke's position, but whatever they bump MB's pay up to as well.  And, as others have stated, we'd lose our only decent Defensive coach.

Do I think making MB HC is going to get us wins? No. At this point that is not what I care about. This season is toast and I think Burke being around is not helping next season. Not if he is going to take a knee and slag players.

Come on , to suggest Burke would do something desperate or crazy is ridiculous.  You might not like him as a coach but he's not an axe murderer or anything.  He deserves a little respect.  He's not going to to do anything maliciously to hurt this franchise.

No one said he'd do it maliciously. Desperation can lead to a lot of stupid decisions though, that is the concern. 

Something like starting an American at guard who has never played guard over our high draft pick NI OL prospect in a meaningless game?

We can't fire Burke because we don't have enough coaches on staff, but that doesn't make it the right decision.

But why would u want someone to be a coach if they have no drive to do so?

He could tank the teams he is coaching and force their hand

That's a good point, but if it were obvious, I wonder if he could be fired with cause and the contract voided?

It's not employment law, it's contract law.  And CFL coaching contracts are guaranteed, as long as they're abided by.

The judge asks, "Did you, or did you not contract this person, to this position, for this time frame?"  The 2nd question is "Has he or has he not abided by the terms of the contract?"  In other words, has he or has he not been the Head Coach for this period... not how well has he performed.  Guaranteed contracts suck... performance doesn't even enter the equation.  He gets paid whether he rocks or sucks. 

Deliberately tanking a team would be next-to-impossible to prove in court... so voiding is highly unlikely.  Highly risky for us though... he can do a lot of damage as a dead-duck head coach.  To our reputation, to the players, to their attitudes... to everything.  Be sure that Wade Miller and Kyle Walters have a good thorough pulse on this, and will not hesitate to pull the plug if they think he's blowing up the ship before jumping overboard.

At this point who cares?  Next year is full rebuild so what kind of damage is Burke really going to do?  What is he going to do that isn't already god awful?   If anything his attempt at bombing the team might actually work against him and we might see some production.   

Aside from some guys on the D,  we really don't have any guys that we really need for the long term.   

Anyone who wants Burke fired right now is not thinking things through.

What's not to think through?

MB becomes interim HC until the end of the season. Bump his pay a bit and know he is gone to Ottawa. Tell him not to throw players under the bus in press conferences.

Burke is going to end more than his own carreer if he shows that little faith in his offence and tosses good defensive players under the bus. He is doing more harm than good by being kept around. Yeah, I get that he isn't going to quite (and I don't blame him) but he is not adding anything these days.

I meant to say anyone who "doesn't want" Burke fired right now is not thinking things through.

At this point who cares?  Next year is full rebuild so what kind of damage is Burke really going to do?  What is he going to do that isn't already god awful?   If anything his attempt at bombing the team might actually work against him and we might see some production.   

Aside from some guys on the D,  we really don't have any guys that we really need for the long term.   

Oh.

3 imports on the oline is just crazy enough to work and more evidence just how woeful the depth is.

Or more accurately, how stupid Tim Burke is.

The depth on this team isn't good, but there are 4 or 5 different ways to work the lineup better than putting in three import OL. What is his plan here? It can't be talent evaluation or MSW would be in to see what we have there and Pencer would continue to get a shot. But we can't actually be trying to win, right? And if we were trying to win, wouldn't we want to play a guy like Ian Wild, who has been a significant bright spot on the team? Sure doesn't seem worth starting an ineffective Will Ford at his expense. 

The funniest part about this is that the run game will still suck.

Three American OL will really hurt this team in other areas so why do it? I'm surprised Burke hasn't decided to rest all his veterans & go with an all rookie lineup. I mean, that's probably next, right?

nope burke thinks this is the key to winning, get the run game going all the problems are solved, 60 points on offense here we come. Burke is the biggest goof employed by this team this season and he's the last to be fired, go figure.