Week 9 GDT - second place is the first loser games.

TrueBlue4ever

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

more INT's than TD's and an offence that has scored 13 offensive TD's all year...hmmm....yup an offensive juggernaut like was being said and an MOP candidate for a QB...69% completion percentage...3.1% INT percentage and a QB rating of 87.7%.....yup....7 TDs vs 8 Int's....close to 500k salary....all I gotta say is hahahahahahahahaha

now you have Collaros...most yards thrown for....12 to 4 TD/INT ratio....72% completion percentage, and a QB rating of 111.1% and is 7-1.....how Faj is even mentioned in same breath is ludicrous

Riderfans ask, “but those are just facts.”

Calgary had a great 5 minutes at the beginning of the game and managed to ride those 14 points to a win. 2 successful on side kicks, one called back, against didn't hurt them because the Riders tried to go deep into double coverage on third down. Bo got hurt yet again. Calgary is a mere shadow of it's former glory, not the biggest competition in the west. That's still Regina.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Calgary had a great 5 minutes at the beginning of the game and managed to ride those 14 points to a win. 2 successful on side kicks, one called back, against didn't hurt them because the Riders tried to go deep into double coverage on third down. Bo got hurt yet again. Calgary is a mere shadow of it's former glory, not the biggest competition in the west. That's still Regina.

Much like Sask rode that 31 point cushion against BC..and still almost lost...and really should have lost.

They are a flawed team and have many holes...and that is on the coaching staff too.

Cgy scares me more in a playoff game than Sask ..I base that on coaching and the fact coaching runs the team... Not the idiot selfish players like Sask...and CGy has a better offence when Huff and Jordan are back, and I think a better defense.

16 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’d like to see how we fare against Calgary now that our offence has gotten on track. Until Labour Day we were really leaning on our defence, now we have a much more balanced team. 

The D didn't really give up much. He completed a bunch of passes but it didn't result in very much.

I'd like to see it as well, but it isn't like our D was "bad".

40 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Calgary is a better team than Saskatchewan. Wouldn't surprise me to see BC and Calgary finish in 2nd and third.

Those BC losses to sask are problematic for them. Should have won one if not both and now you need to finish a game ahead of sask.

I think whoever wins the BC/CGY series finishes 2nd in the West. Though hopefully SSK hangs in there... I feel we matchup better against SSK in December.

Watched the Fajardo post game.

Definitely threw his receivers under the bus. Definitely criticized the game plan.

Spin it anyway you want but he did. 

You want to call out lack of plays being made on 50/50 balls and the game plan. How about throwing balls into the dirt, and horrible decisions.

Mentioned playing us again in his comments. Man, he must wake up in cold sweats. 

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Sask may not be the best of the rest. But in every game they fight and fight. That will likely get them to IG field for the West Final.

Yeah playing at IGF has gone well for them. I would be all for it.

Edited by Geebrr

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

I think whoever wins the BC/CGY series finishes 2nd in the West. Though hopefully SSK hangs in there... I feel we matchup better against SSK in December.

Let's face it, and I know I may sound cocky and kind of assholish (this is an inside joke on Lyin' Guy Btw), but whoever comes into IGF is gonna get creamed...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

41 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Sask may not be the best of the rest. But in every game they fight and fight. That will likely get them to IG field for the West Final.

I cannot recall a year when so many teams have looked so bad relative to the best one- the Bombers. I disagree that the Riders will have an easy path to the playoffs. To me, it looks like the Elks, Stamps and Lions all have the potentials and pieces to get significantly better, but the Riders have hit their ceiling and have nowhere to go except down. They sure look like they are turning on each other and while this will not doom them automatically, If they lose confidence in their coaches and starting QB, I cannot see how they can patch that up short of a three-game winning streak. I figure that one more loss will poison the locker room.

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I cannot recall a year when so many teams have looked so bad relative to the best one- the Bombers. I disagree that the Riders will have an easy path to the playoffs. To me, it looks like the Elks, Stamps and Lions all have the potentials and pieces to get significantly better, but the Riders have hit their ceiling and have nowhere to go except down. They sure look like they are turning on each other and while this will not doom them automatically, If they lose confidence in their coaches and starting QB, I cannot see how they can patch that up short of a three-game winning streak. I figure that one more loss will poison the locker room.

I can see division occuring in that lockeroom...and a Mass implosion anytime now... especially after what just went on and was said

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I didn't say easy. I am just not jumping on the Calgary bandwagon just because of one win at home. And if BC is missing Whitehead for any significant time they are a very average team. Sask will still get Evans back. So as long as they don't implode I still think they are the best of the rest. 🤷‍♂️

It's not really a discussion of who matches up best against us (it admittedly is probably Calgary), just about who I think we'll be playing in the West Final.