Week 9 GDT - second place is the first loser games.

TrueBlue4ever

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

I think it is safe to assume that the Riderfans' honeymoon with Fajardo and Dickenson is over, or at least hanging by a thread.

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/rob-vanstone-saskatchewan-roughriders-tied-for-league-lead-in-quarterbacks

but vanstone said "sask is tied for the league lead in quarterbacks"...

28 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Which ones were the 50-50 balls?  The ones 8 yards in front of the receiver, the ones thrown at their back heel or the ones that hit dirt 5 yards in front of anyone in green?

I think all his passes are 50/50 balls

23 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

That ******* place

25 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

In january no less. Good grief. Remember a couple years ago the als brought in like 12 freaking qbs? For me when ever a CFL team brings in 5 or more qbs its a serious red flag. Either their main/2nd guy is gonna miss a ton of PR reps while nursing an injury, or the front office has no idea what to do and little faith in any of their guys. 

34 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Which ones were the 50-50 balls?  The ones 8 yards in front of the receiver, the ones thrown at their back heel or the ones that hit dirt 5 yards in front of anyone in green?

Thats what I thought when I heard his comment. The dude cant hit the broad side of a barn from 15 yards and further. Ive seen him flat out miss an open man deep atleast 2 times each game. They might have the most talented group of NI wrs but it doesnt matter. It wouldnt matter if they had 5 clones of prime milt. 

We talked about it here at length in the off season. Fajardo had to take a big step forward this year to progress or even produce at the same level as 19. The book is out on him now. We know how he scrambles, he cant run RPO, he cant run effective called qb run plays, he cant throw medium passes and deeper. His short ball accuracy looks a little better than 19, but other wise he's much worse. That OL isnt helping things either. 

45 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I think it is safe to assume that the Riderfans' honeymoon with Fajardo and Dickenson is over, or at least hanging by a thread.

I don think they will fully turn on fajardo. Dickenson however I think is going to be watching his lawn for the mccallum treatment. 

I think they will anticipate the great return of Chris Jones who would instantly right the ship and lead them to a grey cup win at home... Only for him to sign else where. Spurning the riders like soo many FA players. 

BLM on his shoulder:

“I’ll just take the Michael Reilly route,” Mitchell laughed. “Have some doctors put some special sauce on it before the game.”

1. If I am the Stamps I don't see the reason to start an ineffective QB that admits his arm is not working right.

2. Michael Reilly is probably saying "thanks" for outing whatever likely borderline illegal thing they are doing to keep him playing. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

BLM on his shoulder:

“I’ll just take the Michael Reilly route,” Mitchell laughed. “Have some doctors put some special sauce on it before the game.”

1. If I am the Stamps I don't see the reason to start an ineffective QB that admits his arm is not working right.

2. Michael Reilly is probably saying "thanks" for outing whatever likely borderline illegal thing they are doing to keep him playing. 

So is BLM admitting he’s screwed? 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

more INT's than TD's and an offence that has scored 13 offensive TD's all year...hmmm....yup an offensive juggernaut like was being said and an MOP candidate for a QB...69% completion percentage...3.1% INT percentage and a QB rating of 87.7%.....yup....7 TDs vs 8 Int's....close to 500k salary....all I gotta say is hahahahahahahahaha

now you have Collaros...most yards thrown for....12 to 4 TD/INT ratio....72% completion percentage, and a QB rating of 111.1% and is 7-1.....how Faj is even mentioned in same breath is ludicrous

More Rider fans than any other team on social media pumping his tires. And Suitor.

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

BLM on his shoulder:

Dickenson will stick with him. Based on his "pedigree" as Suitor & Black said last night. I thought it was all about winning. BLM's past performances don't give the Stamps a better chance. A healthy Jake Maier does. 

19 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

BLM on his shoulder:

Im sure they are shooting him up with cortisone and pain killers. Reilly probably has an issue with over use. The limited reps in TC, coming in in relief and looking wild but then getting much better quickly but still not being consistent all scream of over work. He probably went far too hard on his own in the lead up to the season. 

BLM broke his leg. His drive leg too iirc. Nothing is gonna make that good. And he had surgery on his shoulder in 2020, and 2019. He played on the torn shoulder in 19, and he only missed 3 games with that broken leg. The guy is falling apart. The stamps should shut him down for the season if they want any chance to get use out of him again. Or maybe they finally sell him off before the trade deadline and try to get a bunch of value back from a fringe team. TO has a lot to offer in terms of value. 

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Probably taking Toradol.

Probably right. I quit allowing me self to be sticked with crap like cortisone along time ago, and all the none over the counter stuff. The long term effects of chronic use of all that stuff is scary. 

I love football as much as any thing short of blood. But I hate the culture of take a shot, then take some pills, now you can play hurt. 

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Well he did hire elizondo so it does make sense. If im edmonton I would try and get ted goveia to be gm/pres and dinwiddie to HC if toronto cans him. 

I hope toronto doesnt though. I really like what he has going for the argos. 

37 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Probably right. I quit allowing me self to be sticked with crap like cortisone along time ago, and all the none over the counter stuff. The long term effects of chronic use of all that stuff is scary. 

I love football as much as any thing short of blood. But I hate the culture of take a shot, then take some pills, now you can play hurt. 

Yup. It could end up being the next "concussion" lawsuit in football.

44 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yikes... why tf do the Elks play 3 games in 7 days? COVID or not, that is absolutely ridiculous