Week 9 GDT - second place is the first loser games.

TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Well if the Elks are going to tar and feather Sunderland, they won't have to go far to get the bitumen.  Is it gonna be a race as to who gets to walk the plank first- Sunderland, Elizondo or C. Dickenson?

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Im sure they are shooting him up with cortisone and pain killers. Reilly probably has an issue with over use. The limited reps in TC, coming in in relief and looking wild but then getting much better quickly but still not being consistent all scream of over work. He probably went far too hard on his own in the lead up to the season. 

BLM broke his leg. His drive leg too iirc. Nothing is gonna make that good. And he had surgery on his shoulder in 2020, and 2019. He played on the torn shoulder in 19, and he only missed 3 games with that broken leg. The guy is falling apart. The stamps should shut him down for the season if they want any chance to get use out of him again. Or maybe they finally sell him off before the trade deadline and try to get a bunch of value back from a fringe team. TO has a lot to offer in terms of value. 

If the Stamps decide they'd rather have Mitchell than Maier this off season then Hufnagel has totally lost his marbles. Unless Maier signed a 2 year deal. 

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

Well if the Elks are going to tar and feather Sunderland, they won't have to go far to get the bitumen.  Is it gonna be a race as to who gets to walk the plank first- Sunderland, Elizondo or C. Dickenson?

Craig Dickenson is safe. But Sunderland has done a terrible job. 

“50-50 balls are our nemesis. I watch everyone else throw these balls up and make catches, obviously I’m a little frustrated right now. It’s been one of those things, anytime it goes up, it seems to be a pick or an incompletion,” Fajardo said post-game.

He's so close...should we tell him?

7 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Junior has been shredding the BCFC like hes auditioning for the zach collaros crew in 2022.

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Fajardo sounds like Shelly Levene complaining about his leads in Glengarry Glen Ross.  These 50-50 balls are weak!

jason maas as blake is gonna tear him a new pooper. "Who am I?" (completes a pass more than 15 yards down field) "Thats who the F$%^ I AM." 

This may have been discussed during the Rider game. But I see AC Leonard played against the Stamps. Did he just have to sit his 2 games (plus one for being an idiot) and then was good to go without having to provide a sample? I assume he will be on a routine schedule going forward. But wouldn’t all player use this line from now on to save the embarrassment? Why wouldn’t the league just say you can’t play until you provide a test and then determine the discipline? 

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

This may have been discussed during the Rider game. But I see AC Leonard played against the Stamps. Did he just have to sit his 2 games (plus one for being an idiot) and then was good to go without having to provide a sample? I assume he will be on a routine schedule going forward. But wouldn’t all player use this line from now on to save the embarrassment? Why wouldn’t the league just say you can’t play until you provide a test and then determine the discipline? 

Was Harris required to give a sample before returning? Does anyone know? I know he was on the “mandatory” list after the positive, bit unsure what that exactly entails. 

12 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

“50-50 balls are our nemesis. I watch everyone else throw these balls up and make catches, obviously I’m a little frustrated right now. It’s been one of those things, anytime it goes up, it seems to be a pick or an incompletion,” Fajardo said post-game.

He's so close...should we tell him?

50/50 balls? Is that what Fajardo is calling his deep passes? I think he is delusional. The guy is either throwing 15 yards over his receivers or 10 yards short. A 50/50 ball is a ball that the receiver has a reasonable chance of catching. His balls are way off the mark. He is quite literally just spraying balls everywhere. Rider fans are blaming Maas for this but even the last 4-5 games of 2019 this was what was happening with Fajardo. He can't throw the deep ball and now teams have figured that out. In early 2019 he was able to use his legs to great effect and to hit on the intermediate routes consistently. He was never good with the deep shot but kept the chains moving. Teams are shutting down his bread and butter slants and middle crossing routes and he has nothing now. Way overrated QB whose flaws are shining through now that the book is out on him. Complaining about his receivers....lol...their isn't a receiver in any league past, present, or future that could catch the vast majority of his deep passes...uncatchable. 

8 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Was Harris required to give a sample before returning? Does anyone know? I know he was on the “mandatory” list after the positive, bit unsure what that exactly entails. 

Not sure if Harris had to provide one before returning but he did provide one and then was disciplined. And as far as I am aware he would be on a fairly routine schedule now. The fact is he provided and was found to be positive (for whatever amount or type is irrelevant) did his time and is back playing and testing. AC refused to provide a sample did his time and is back playing. I think if I’m a player and knew I was using I’d go the AC route to avoid the humiliation if it meant the same discipline in the end. Just my opinion. 

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Not sure if Harris had to provide one before returning but he did provide one and then was disciplined. And as far as I am aware he would be on a fairly routine schedule now. The fact is he provided and was found to be positive (for whatever amount or type is irrelevant) did his time and is back playing and testing. AC refused to provide a sample did his time and is back playing. I think if I’m a player and knew I was using I’d go the AC route to avoid the humiliation if it meant the same discipline in the end. Just my opinion. 

And that is a problem with the testing system (as agreed to by the PA) not the player’s choice. Leonard knew the penalty, and made his choice, and now has taken the punishment. Given the rules in play, it seems unfair to force him now give a sample before he can be re-instated. Can’t change the rules on the fly. This may well need to be something that can be looked at in the off-season to close off any “test avoidance” loophole. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I hope everyone caught Suitor's weak apologist nonsense on behalf of Leonard during the Rider/Stamps game.  That was homerism on a level I've never heard from Suits before.  It was truly embarrassing.