CFL Week 2 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

johnzo

59 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Go to moves this year:

Ottawa - can’t say. They haven’t really done a single thing in game worth celebrating yet. 

paging Abdul Kanneh to the thread, Abdul Kanneh to the blue courtesy thread.

dude's hair is a highlight reel all its own, he looks good out there.

Riders Oline played way better than expected. But against a beat up Dline. 

Hamilton is who I thought they were, a soft team. Bring the lumber and make them think about those foot steps and they fold. 

Also holy hell, I've never see a Dline have such a hard time with the 1 yard rule lol. I couldn't believe they took ANOTHER penalty on it when Masoli scored....like what are you not understanding??? 1 yard off the ball, don't go past the goal line! Lol. Was humorous to watch that's forsure. 

Edited by Bigblue204

10 hours ago, Fox Creek AB Rider Fan said:

Back to back loses for you guys

Why are u even here is the question..go to the inbred rider fans board..and enjoy your easy first 3 games of season schedule..after we sweep u u face Argos..another actual legit team and will be 3-3 and that's after 5 of first 6 games played at home

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Riders Oline played way better than expected. But against a beat up Dline. 

Hamilton is who I thought they were, a soft team. Bring the lumber and make them think about those foot steps and they fold. 

Also holy hell, I've never see a Dline have such a hard time with the 1 yard rule lol. I couldn't believe they took ANOTHER penalty on it when Masoli scored....like what are you not understanding??? 1 yard off the ball, don't go past the goal line! Lol. Was humorous to watch that's forsure. 

Never got the Hamilton hype..their season last yr was more smoke and mirrors than Saks...after week 2 i would rate it as wpg..mtl..t.o..bc..and Sask in that order..Sask slipped by the noodle arm and crappy kicker to eek out a win...BC will be getting better and better if the duct tape holds Reilly together..after that the rest are a mish mash if garbage so far

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Riders are ******* trash and will get found out. 

I love this place, it is actually comical coming here and reading the takes of how trash the Riders are. They just steamrolled a team that you guys beat last week by way less of a margin but that win shouldnt count. I dont know why some of you guys have such a issue saying the Riders may actually have a good football team. Also Cody Fajardo looks like a starting QB not a medicore back up, hey booch? 

12 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

I love this place, it is actually comical coming here and reading the takes of how trash the Riders are. They just steamrolled a team that you guys beat last week by way less of a margin but that win shouldnt count. I dont know why some of you guys have such a issue saying the Riders may actually have a good football team. Also Cody Fajardo looks like a starting QB not a medicore back up, hey booch? 

Hey what's the riders playoff record at their new stadium? Smoke and mirrors team.

46 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

What is it with Rider fans coming to the message boards of other clubs and getting pissy when people say their team ain't all that and a bag of chips?

15 hours ago, Fox Creek AB Rider Fan said:

AND 

Riders are back in first place !

And well deserved. That was a **** kicking. Makes sense they are at the top of the standings. Probably power rankings too. 

Doesn't matter though, Riders still suck. 

😁

Riders look legit though, should be an awesome LDC and BB.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, stevethe3rd said:

U just encapsulated what ruderfans is all about doofus...Christ..and u can't compare one game to another..another typical Rider fan technique....and yup...Fajardo...he who is fifth in the league in passing right now ahead of backups only and 2 starters who have played one game and a lost Masoli..he's a star at a short pass and hoping his receivers make yards..anything he pushes down field is a tough task and most catches take a great play by receiver to bring down..or is a 50/50 duck...

Enjoy the early start to season tho..as when rubber hits the road their depth..or lack there of will be apparent..and again..why u here? Like on your sad site it's always a big issue and pitchfork fest when an opposing fan goes there to gloat...

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, stevethe3rd said:

The cats where heavily depleted after playing us last week. We tilted that offense and they are now gonna be spiraling for weeks. 

What do you expect the riders are the most toxic fan base in Canada. With the least grey cups of any cfl city. Look at the trolling and yapping you guys are doing on the un beaten grey cup Champs forum here. When we got beat in the play offs by Calgary do you think we were like you guys on their forum? The riders could triple their number of cups catch up with the big boys and will still be the red headed step child of the league. Cus that's how rfs act. 

And it's true the riders are getting by with smoke and mirrors in the  term it's good coaching. But good teams like ours can play containe and jump timing routes play robber bump and run etc all kinds of things to beat the gadget. At some point you have to be more than an offense dependant on gimmicks. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

The cats where heavily depleted after playing us last week. We tilted that offense and they are now gonna be spiraling for weeks. 

What do you expect the riders are the most toxic fan base in Canada. With the least grey cups of any cfl city. Look at the trolling and yapping you guys are doing on the un beaten grey cup Champs forum here. When we got beat in the play offs by Calgary do you think we were like you guys on their forum? The riders could triple their number of cups catch up with the big boys and will still be the red headed step child of the league. Cus that's how rfs act. 

And it's true the riders are getting by with smoke and mirrors in the  term it's good coaching. But good teams like ours can play containe and jump timing routes play robber bump and run etc all kinds of things to beat the gadget. At some point you have to be more than an offense dependant on gimmicks. 

I'd think that's a stretch to say there is good coaching there...Dickenson has no control over the me first show boaters..selfish penalty takers..dumb drills that continued robbing them of players for the year..not to mention that embarrassing display on short yardage..if the cats didn't score when they did the riders were getting flagged again..for what..4th time in a row for the exact same infraction..like really???..piss poor coaching obviously..and or dumb as a stump personal..explain which it was smart boy

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd think that's a stretch to say there is good coaching there...Dickenson has no control over the me first show boaters..selfish penalty takers..dumb drills that continued robbing them of players for the year..not to mention that embarrassing display on short yardage..if the cats didn't score when they did the riders were getting flagged again..for what..4th time in a row for the exact same infraction..like really???..piss poor coaching obviously..and or dumb as a stump personal..explain which it was smart boy

It's certainly not good over all coaching. Discipline goes hand in hand with head coaching. But Maas has done a good job this year with a game plan book and call that is good for Fajardo and covering up that oline. That's no easy feat. 

I think Dickenson is gonna be out soon enough and Maas their hc. Probably end of this year. Or if they have an extended losing streak.

Leaving Fajardo in when the game was in hand and he had been rocked twice and limped off was the peak of bad coaching.