CFL Week 2 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

johnzo

Tonight, BC @ Calgary (Calgary -1.5)

Rourke starting per depth chart, for what that's worth.  Mike Reilly was limited in practice all week and is questionable to play, but is listed as the backup. For what that's worth. 

Takeru Yamasaki remains at PK after missing two short field goals and a convert in the game the Lions lost by 4; the Lions do have import kicker Stefan Flintoff on their practice roster.

For the Stamps, Ka'deem Carey returns at starting tailback after a horrendous fourth quarter that sparked the Argo comeback last week.

Whoever books this stuff has Calgary favored by a measly 1.5 points, which seems kinda low to me, but I am not much of a gambler.

cfl.ca was 6-0 Stamps
MBB was 37-3 Stamps

Just like those tall brains above, I picked Calgary in the pickems, which means that Rourke will absolutely go off on them and the Lions will cruise 45-18.  I have a perfect record to preserve!  

INixZur.png

xlBZgQ7.png

Edited by johnzo

Nathan Rourke is a Canuck.

"He was the first winner of the Jon Cornish Trophy as the top Canadian football player in the NCAA for 2017, and repeated as winner in 2018. He is the only two-time winner of the award."

cheering for him now, except v. bombers.

rourke

stick a fork

in bo

LETS GO.

😫

Edited by Mark F

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

Only two time winner? But, it's only been handed out for three years. 😉

pretty sure you guys knew about him.....he looks really good in his highlights. hope he succeeds. 

Edited by Mark F

Rourke will have the best arm in this game.

Thought BLM had nothing on his passes last week.  Can loft up the deep balls and drop off a screen but nothing on those 8-10-15 yard throws that the whole game is based on.  Looked a lot like how he did in the playoffs last year.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Rourke will have the best arm in this game.

Thought BLM had nothing on his passes last week.  Can loft up the deep balls and drop off a screen but nothing on those 8-10-15 yard throws that the whole game is based on.  Looked a lot like how he did in the playoffs last year.

He looked pretty dang good last week , a year or two he will be awesome

4 minutes ago, Fox Creek AB Rider Fan said:

Curious why Rielly is backing up tonight and not Patterson , the Lions should of put Rielly on the 6 game or at least the 1 game 

That Reilly played at all tells us two things: his injury or injuries are such that a week or two off isn't going to amke any difference and that there is no better alternatives.