2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Cooper's just depth...Oliveira and Augustine are the RBs. But if Harris is out long-term, then you need some depth. Shame he's American, but you needed SOMEONE....

I was having an incredibly boring day at work......thanks Bombers! 

I am going to go with just depth as we are a month and a half from the West Final. 

Harris looked too up beat on the sidelines for it to be season ending. No crutches on the sidelines or reported anywhere since.

12 minutes ago, Stickem said:

How many running backs do we need.....unless there's somehing else afoot, I don't see the need

at some point we cut the imp rb we had on the PR, dunno when. 

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

Cooper looked great in 2019, he's having a rough season along with everyone else involved in the BC ground game this season. Im sure he's excited for the chance to play with an Oline

Honestly Id chalk it all up to lack of an OL (the lions some how have a worse line than the riders) and  touches. 33 carries in 5 games in a joke. 4 carries in the last 2 games. 

Cooper is also a guy who returned some in college and is the right type of runner. So if Grant is banged up and the love affair with nelson is over, it could make sense to DI cooper to return and have a guy who can run the ball and catch the ball. Especially if harris is out. 

Cooper is a guy who hasnt seen a tremendous amount of carries, and would be good as a change of pace back. His quickness and speed would off set bradys bruising style well. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

Even if Harris is gone a month we still need a guy on the roster.

I think he's also a guy who really fits the bombers target RB. He's very versatile both as a runner and with his positional skills and return ability. Its very rare to find rbs who have that kind of quickness, with a top gear, and who get low and run hard behind their pads. Not to mention he's made some sick grabs. 

The plays that stick out the most to me for him is 1, trucking the pants off some riders 2nd level defender, and 2 cutting back and out side boundary run and beat the entire argos D to the first down marker on the boundary side. It was some keith stokes level escapability. 

Cooper is the perfect complimentary back for us if needed and able to be on roster....he can do a lot of things

Now....just imagining a group made up of Rose, Alexander, Darby, Jones, Nichols, Alford and Tyaylor in some combination running around behind our front 7 has got to make opposing OC's just in horror now