2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wouldnt put him over BA, also mike jones in the play offs was un real. Jones doesnt put up the massive hits, and isnt a guy who could lead the league in picks but he's as good a corner as the league has seen in the last few years. Rose was a play making monster though, tremendous pick up for us. This could be the best secondary ever. We have 7 guys who are freaking lights out and would start on every single team in the league. 

Quick game of who'd you rather. Gotta pick 1 qb to be your "franchise" guy for atleast an entire season. Vaj, fajardo, or harris. 

Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynomite

Just now, wbbfan said:

pfft you wish. I think I'd have to go with vaj by default. 

Without sarcasm,what offense are we using,what o line? Fajardo would be decent behind our oline,Harris would be decent behind it as well but I agree with VA. He's mobile in case the pocket collapses and was the league leaders in TD passes fora good chunk of this season.

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wouldnt put him over BA, also mike jones in the play offs was un real. Jones doesnt put up the massive hits, and isnt a guy who could lead the league in picks but he's as good a corner as the league has seen in the last few years. Rose was a play making monster though, tremendous pick up for us. This could be the best secondary ever. We have 7 guys who are freaking lights out and would start on every single team in the league. 

The Bombers' defense's success totally turned with putting Alexander at safety.  I think it allowed Rose to worry less about covering for weaknesses at safety and turned him into a game-breaking, soul-crushing playmaker.  Maybe his big plays were just more obvious than the others.

Just now, Nolby said:

Without sarcasm,what offense are we using,what o line? Fajardo would be decent behind our oline,Harris would be decent behind it as well but I agree with VA. He's mobile in case the pocket collapses and was the league leaders in TD passes fora good chunk of this season.

hmm, I dont think Id say for this bomber team kind of in general. Maybe for more of a toronto or montreal type team. I dont think fajardo would last 5 minutes in winnipeg. He'd be fifo'd the f%^& outta town. In theory though, idk id still take vaj here I think. Fajardos in ability to throw deep isnt all OL. He cant throw the deep ball on the run or even the times he gets time to pass down field. Harris again, could fifo off. His skill set wouldve fit perfectly under plop but with buck I dont think so. 

I think macdoodoo deserves a lot of respect in retrospect for what he was able to get out of fajardo in 19. 

Cut Fajardo

Marry Vaj

Flag Harris. 

Just now, Wideleft said:

The Bombers' defense's success totally turned with putting Alexander at safety.  I think it allowed Rose to worry less about covering for weaknesses at safety and turned him into a game-breaking, soul-crushing playmaker.  Maybe his big plays were just more obvious than the others.

Truth. We also adjusted the play book a bit then too. We didnt play 10 yards off on every snap any more, giving up all the easy first downs. We stopped using bighill exclusively as a brick to be thrown at an Olinemen. A lot of little factors enabled the entire secondary + biggie to play differently and really elevate to the elite level. 

Just now, Brandon said:

Harris and it's not even close.

That wouldve been my pick prior to the season too. He's always been a guy who struggles to punch in majors, but you can game plan for that and draw up plenty of easy decisions in the red zone, especially when you have a great rb. But watching him play soo horrible all year with the elk, with wilder and those wrs has been tough. Mr heavy balls has looked better with the same offense. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That wouldve been my pick prior to the season too. He's always been a guy who struggles to punch in majors, but you can game plan for that and draw up plenty of easy decisions in the red zone, especially when you have a great rb. But watching him play soo horrible all year with the elk, with wilder and those wrs has been tough. Mr heavy balls has looked better with the same offense. 

Behind a great o-line Harris can pick apart the defenses,  he only gets bad once things get tough for him.   

Fajardo as we have seen can only throw short passes and run around.  

Vernon Adams is a guy who will put up three shitty performances and then one great performance... way to inconsistent to rely on a play off run. 

Just now, Brandon said:

Behind a great o-line Harris can pick apart the defenses,  he only gets bad once things get tough for him.   

Fajardo as we have seen can only throw short passes and run around.  

Vernon Adams is a guy who will put up three shitty performances and then one great performance... way to inconsistent to rely on a play off run. 

I think harris has been the same as the description of vaj for atleast a few years too. If he has any thing left in the tank, you might be right. Itll be interesting to see when he comes in for montreal. He's either gonna lead mtl to an appearance in the grey cup, or he's gonna fold like cheap lawn furniture in a hurricane playing our D back to back. But for now, Id bet on him folding. It will be hard for me to think of him as any thing but soft and quity now. 

Rose was not a necessary signing for us because he significantly upgrades us, he was a necessary signing for us because of the amount he would upgrade someone else if we didn't sign him. There is no way we could let Rose walk to a division rival at this point of the season. Imagine the upgrade he would represent to Calgary, Saskatchewan or BC's secondaries. I wouldn't want Zach facing him and now we don't have to worry about that.

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think harris has been the same as the description of vaj for atleast a few years too. If he has any thing left in the tank, you might be right. Itll be interesting to see when he comes in for montreal. He's either gonna lead mtl to an appearance in the grey cup, or he's gonna fold like cheap lawn furniture in a hurricane playing our D back to back. But for now, Id bet on him folding. It will be hard for me to think of him as any thing but soft and quity now. 

I guess a lot depends on how fast he can pick up their offence really.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Rose was not a necessary signing for us because he significantly upgrades us, he was a necessary signing for us because of the amount he would upgrade someone else if we didn't sign him. There is no way we could let Rose walk to a division rival at this point of the season.

That's a great point, but he's damn good too.  And I say that with all respect to Alford, Nichols, Taylor and Jones.

4 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

That's a great point, but he's damn good too.  And I say that with all respect to Alford, Nichols, Taylor and Jones.

Don't get me wrong....Rose is a top 3 DB in the CFL. He will upgrade us too, but we were fine without him is what I'm getting at. For us he is a luxury signing, for our rivals he would have been a HUGE instantly make their team a lot better and close some of the talent gap kind of signing.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

OK, you said confirmed so I thought I had missed an announcement. Last I heard was ”doubtful” for Saturday. 

Yeah should put confirmed to me...I suppose. The team will play it close to their chest as long as they can. Just like his appointment during TC lol.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

With all due respect to Alford (who fit in nicely in the boundary CB and is figured in the ROY conversation) but when Rose is ready after the bye, he should be back to his old boundary CB spot. 

Agreed and what everyone is leaving out is that he's also got the veteran presence and could help out the younger DBs as Rose was there for 2019 when we won.