2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

Rose wont disrupt any chemistry and will slot right in where he was seamlessly as he already knows the system, and has played with everyone except the one guy he doesnt replace, and Darby, but I sure he knows Darby is a lights out baller and wont have to worry about covering up for him....Darby has been a huge addition, and he's loving it here....

The CFL trade deadline this upcoming Wednesday (October 27, 2021).  As great as Rose is, I wouldn’t say that DB is one area the Bombers should be looking at improving. They already have amazing depth in every area on defence… I wouldn’t be surprised if  Walters trades away one of their DBs to get a deep threat receiver in return. Thoughts? 

Edited by Dirty30

16 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

The CFL trade deadline this upcoming Wednesday (October 27, 2021).  As great as Rose is, I wouldn’t say that DB is one area the Bombers should be looking at improving. They already have amazing depth in every area on defence… I wouldn’t be surprised if  Walters trades away one of their DBs to get a deep threat receiver in return. Thoughts? 

Rose signing is not only improving our D but also keeping him away from competition’s hand. Riders, Argos & Ticats all need help in secondary.

2 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

There is a less than 0 chance of this trade ever happening... 

2 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

I disagree but out of curiosity, who would you look to add, especially considering only Ottawa and Edmonton are out of the race?

3 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Screw getting a receiver...get Chad Rempel back here to do the long snaps on FGs lol. Seriously none of the receivers from either of those teams have stood out this year. Walker and Ellingson have looked pedestrian at best. From Ottawa the only player I'd want would be Devonte Dedmon - but even at that it'd be a minor upgrade (if any) over our current return Grant. Not only that - a good kick returner is often due to the special teams play around him - airlifting him in wouldn't necessarily make our return game phenomenal.

The only deep threat receiver I'd currently want would be Burnham, but good luck prying him loose from BC - not to mention it'd be at a heavy price. More importantly though - trading away a DB like this sends the wrong message to that locker room, it'd be a very, very short-sighted move on our part.

TLDR; There is a reason EDM and OTT are in the basement. I wouldn't want anyone from either of those teams.

7 minutes ago, CodyT said:

@Boochso has meridith been signed with the bombers now then? Seems odd

Im curious about this guy because looking at his history he was a legit nfl starting talent. Made like 6 + million .. sucks about his injuries

He signed with the Bombers in June or something. Got dinged in camp and rather than sitting on the LTIR and taking up a roster spot, they had him recover at home to save the space. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He signed with the Bombers in June or something. Got dinged in camp and rather than sitting on the LTIR and taking up a roster spot, they had him recover at home to save the space. 

Yeah, but still the question remains. Are their intentions to bring him back? I get what happened. Just wondering what happens next with him