2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

29 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I remember Pinball saying back in his playing days (I believe O'Shea was his team mate at the time) that the Argos had a motto - FIOFO.  Fit in or ---- Off.  I think O'Shea has brought that philosophy to the Bombers, and in that kind of locker room Labatte wouldn't last very long.  Neither would a Wilder or a Duron Carter.

FIFO was brought to Wpg (I was made aware of this in 2019) and its a BIG deal in the room. 

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Labatte was bush when he was here...Always counting the days till he could return to bush league country..Finally got his excuse when we were going to move him on the o line, and he used that to head back to the  land of inter- breds ...What a team mate......NOT

I have probably told this story before. I met a Riderfan in a Lloydminister hotel. He said Labatte could have made the NFL, but chose the CFL because he was already rich from the family grain farm. 🤣🤣

38 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Replicas are available. And the money helps the club. E89-B0-F80-4039-424-E-B2-EC-FD6-EB0-B87-

Yeah I have one of the replicas the real deal is just spectacular. Or is that different from the fan version. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

One of my favorite people to play for the Bombers in the modern era. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah I have one of the replicas the real deal is just spectacular. Or is that different from the fan version. 

The player’s ring was white and yellow gold with their name in yellow gold and their number in diamonds, and the inside personalized engraving, with the 11 sapphires along the bottom of the rim for each of the team’s championships. The deluxe replica ring had 3 options: metallic alloy instead of gold and zirconium instead of diamonds and sapphires for $500, real white gold (no yellow) and zirconium for $5800, or white gold and diamonds for $7500. Some versions of the fan replica ring did not have the 11 blue stones along the bottom of the rim. The fan rings did not have the game score or engraving on the inside, and slight modifications on the sides compared to the player rings. On one side where the players had their name and number, the fan rings have “Winnipeg” in place of the name, and the CFL logo in place of the number. In both versions of the ring, the player number or Logo is bracketed by the roof line of IG Field as viewed from the end zone, simulating the view the players would have coming out of the tunnel to start the game. On the other side, the player’s ring had the Grey Cup there with “107” on it, bracketed by the words “Blue” and “Bombers” and the Golden Boy on one side and Esplanade Reil on the other behind the Cup. The fan ring did not have the 107 on the Cup or the words Blue Bombers, and added the Provincial crest and the year 2019. The player’s ring had the “Grey Cup Champions” along the rim in yellow gold with the sapphires, and the deluxe fan ring added the words Blue Bombers, but again that ring is only white gold. The non-deluxe fan ring removed the sapphires and made the rim typing bigger. The faces of all the rings were identical with the “W” in blue enamel surrounded by diamonds or zirconium. There were also a bunch of other pendants and such that could be bought, and of course all are personally sized. The replica ring ($50 and re-issued and in stock at the Bomber store now) is metallic alloy and zirconium and comes only in size 10, meant more for display than wearing. Full details on all the jewelry here:

https://www.bluebombers.com/greycuprings/

My ring pictured above is a different thing altogether. It was a limited edition 90th anniversary ring offered to select fans for purchase. Modelled after the player’s Cup ring with the same “W” face (but only zirconium, diamonds not available) but in pure white and yellow gold. The rim is yellow gold with each of the 11 Grey Cup winning years and the sapphires placed in between each year and not all along the bottom. One side of the white gold ring has the CFL logo, with “Grey Cup Champions” over top of it. On the other side is the Grey Cup, Golden Boy, and Esplanade Riel bracketed by the stadium arches, and my personalized name in yellow gold above it. On the bottom of the ring the words Blue Bombers are engraved, and in the inside of the ring, the specific lot number is stamped. Only 90 maximum were being made, first come first served. I am aware of at least a dozen that were ordered. Felt very lucky to be one of those to whom the offer to purchase was made. Don’t ask the cost, my wife does not like to talk about such things (“Will it really make you happy, dear?” was all the permission I needed). But with no football last year, my season ticket money for 2020 was put to good use covering a decent chunk of the cost, and the club said they had a good deal with the supplier to get a cut of the profits. Did not feel right getting a replica of a championship ring for a team I did not play on, but was happy to buy a team ring for their anniversary and help support the club that way. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

39 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The player’s ring was white and yellow gold with their name in yellow gold and their number in diamonds, and the inside personalized engraving, with the 11 sapphires along the bottom of the rim for each of the team’s championships. The deluxe replica ring had 3 options: metallic alloy instead of gold and zirconium instead of diamonds and sapphires for $500, real white gold (no yellow) and zirconium for $5800, or white gold and diamonds for $7500. Some versions of the fan replica ring did not have the 11 blue stones along the bottom of the rim. The fan rings did not have the game score or engraving on the inside, and slight modifications on the sides compared to the player rings. On one side where the players had their name and number, the fan rings have “Winnipeg” in place of the name, and the CFL logo in place of the number. In both versions of the ring, the player number or Logo is bracketed by the roof line of IG Field as viewed from the end zone, simulating the view the players would have coming out of the tunnel to start the game. On the other side, the player’s ring had the Grey Cup there with “107” on it, bracketed by the words “Blue” and “Bombers” and the Golden Boy on one side and Esplanade Reil on the other behind the Cup. The fan ring did not have the 107 on the Cup or the words Blue Bombers, and added the Provincial crest and the year 2019. The player’s ring had the “Grey Cup Champions” along the rim in yellow gold with the sapphires, and the deluxe fan ring added the words Blue Bombers, but again that ring is only white gold. The non-deluxe fan ring removed the sapphires and made the rim typing bigger. The faces of all the rings were identical with the “W” in blue enamel surrounded by diamonds or zirconium. There were also a bunch of other pendants and such that could be bought, and of course all are personally sized. The replica ring ($50 and re-issued and in stock at the Bomber store now) is metallic alloy and zirconium and comes only in size 10, meant more for display than wearing. Full details on all the jewelry here:

https://www.bluebombers.com/greycuprings/

My ring pictured above is a different thing altogether. It was a limited edition 90th anniversary ring offered to select fans for purchase. Modelled after the player’s Cup ring with the same “W” face (but only zirconium, diamonds not available) but in pure white and yellow gold. The rim is yellow gold with each of the 11 Grey Cup winning years and the sapphires placed in between each year and not all along the bottom. One side of the white gold ring has the CFL logo, with “Grey Cup Champions” over top of it. On the other side is the Grey Cup, Golden Boy, and Esplanade Riel bracketed by the stadium arches, and my personalized name in yellow gold above it. On the bottom of the ring the words Blue Bombers are engraved, and in the inside of the ring, the specific lot number is stamped. Only 90 maximum were being made, first come first served. I am aware of at least a dozen that were ordered. Felt very lucky to be one of those to whom the offer to purchase was made. Don’t ask the cost, my wife does not like to talk about such things (“Will it really make you happy, dear?” was all the permission I needed). But with no football last year, my season ticket money for 2020 was put to good use covering a decent chunk of the cost, and the club said they had a good deal with the supplier to get a cut of the profits. Did not feel right getting a replica of a championship ring for a team I did not play on, but was happy to buy a team ring for their anniversary and help support the club that way. 

Didn't realize they had soo many variants I might have to get em all. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Because Kyle walters puts in the legwork to find out about guys. Seriously in my estimation he is the hardest working gm out there.

The whole front office. Atleast 2 other guys could be gm of their own team right now. And they all work like they do. It's the best shape the organization has been in in the modern era by far. We are the new Calgary but with out the whiny douchy guys. 

Actually machino is a player too at ol. Nasty strong tenacious and bleeds football. We are soo deep at ol I could see him as a dt but if he doesn't just training under our ol and vs our dl will make for huge improvement. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The whole front office. Atleast 2 other guys could be gm of their own team right now. And they all work like they do. It's the best shape the organization has been in in the modern era by far. We are the new Calgary but with out the whiny douchy guys. 

Actually machino is a player too at ol. Nasty strong tenacious and bleeds football. We are soo deep at ol I could see him as a dt but if he doesn't just training under our ol and vs our dl will make for huge improvement. 

has there ever been any clarification on how global players work within the ratio?... every team has to roster at least one (I think?) but we still need 7 Canadians starting... is that right? A global player is just another player on the roster?