2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Believe it or not Rob Vanstone from the Regina Leader post picked the Riders to finish 4th in the west! But wait for it......ahead of the Bombers lol. Here is his take on the Bombers this season through his green colored glasses:

Also of note is the fact that the Blue Bombers do not have a ready-made understudy to the fragile Zach Collaros, whose late-season excellence in 2019 powered the team to its first Grey Cup title since 1990.

Winnipeg’s top offensive weapon, tailback Andrew Harris, is 34 and already sidelined by an injury.

The Bombers’ offensive personnel, as a whole, is unremarkable.

Consider, too, that Paul LaPolice is no longer the Bombers’ offensive co-ordinator. He is now the Redblacks’ head coach and, uh, good luck with that.

LaPolice has been succeeded in Winnipeg by Buck Pierce, who may encounter growing pains as a first-year CFL offensive co-ordinator.

So Winnipeg, from this perspective, appears to be a house of cards.

First bolded part...And the Rider's have....who?...yeah...a guy in the same boat as McGuire basically, but not as good or poised 

Second bolded part William Powell is 33, and didn't produce like Harris....nuff said

Third bolded part....Best O-line in the league that manhandled all takers to win a cup, and are all back with starter quality back ups, 2 Canadian Receiver's who are more proven and better than what Ssk is rolling out, and a Grey Cup winning offence, all intact...nuff said..Sask has who that is remarkable?....

Fourth bolded part thank good...and if he knew anything Pierce the last few seasons had huge input to the gameplan and what we did...

and a non bolded part...what a friggin idiot....not a lot of actual thought was put into that other than having a green something in his yap

Not sure but outside of Toronto and Hamilton every team should be concerned about losing there starter. Also every team in 2019 except Montreal had injuries to their quarterbacks to say that this is just a question mark for Bombers is laughable. 

dtm9fk.jpg

QB Killer !

50 minutes ago, JCon said:

Let's not forget that Collaros is a really good QB. Focus on his fragility but don't forget he makes plays and slings the ball like very few in this league. 

And Collaros distributes the ball well to his receivers. Pretty sure he will get a good protection from our OL. 
The only thing I'm worried about is the cheap shot that will come from Dirty Lawrence.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

. His passing attack was not very neutered when he had the two people in your username playing for him

"Hey milt, get open deep against a double team" what a big brain that lapo is. 

Look the problem wasn't the offense lapo designed, the problem has always been that Lapo sucks as a play caller. That was true in 2002 and it is still true today. Passive to a fault. Harris was the safe play so he rode that horse as far as it would take him. Worked against Hamilton in the Grey Cup but it failed spectacularly in the 2018 playoffs against calgary.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah, he was more of a quick short pass, then take it to the house kinda guy. I'd argue Darvin was our primary deep threat.

Yeah Lucky SHOULD have been a deep threat, but was never really given the opportunity. I do recall a few times seeing him behind coverage but the ball never made it's way to him. Too bad, but I don't think he will be a huge factor in BC.

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah Lucky SHOULD have been a deep threat, but was never really given the opportunity. I do recall a few times seeing him behind coverage but the ball never made it's way to him. Too bad, but I don't think he will be a huge factor in BC.

Yeah, I doubt MR will have the protection to throw deep consistently, as much as he would like to. And Lucky is quite a ways down that totem pole.

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've rewatched the first few games from 2019 and he was used as a deep threat as well as a short pass YAC guy. He actually did fairly well on some deep balls. Nichols was actually way more accurate with the deep balls in the first few games than I remember too. I haven't recently watched the second half of the 2019 season, but I do remember being disappointed by Lucky as he wasn't doing as well as the hopes I had for him after his early success.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Any one who looks at that and says yeah that's a contender is either a biased rider fan, or pandering for clicks. 

I do think the Riders have a good secondary and good receivers, to be fair. 

That said, they're going to get absolutely manhandled at the lines like the 2013 Bombers so it's not going to matter. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

"Hey milt, get open deep against a double team" what a big brain that lapo is. 

Look the problem wasn't the offense lapo designed, the problem has always been that Lapo sucks as a play caller. That was true in 2002 and it is still true today. Passive to a fault. Harris was the safe play so he rode that horse as far as it would take him. Worked against Hamilton in the Grey Cup but it failed spectacularly in the 2018 playoffs against calgary.

I could point out how many times LaPo has had the number 1 offence in his coaching career, how offensive schemes and play calling kind of go hand in hand, how “not being a big play riverboat gambler” or “ball control limit the turnovers” is not the same as “sucks as a play caller”, how his conservative style may have to do with the weapons he was handed, or simply ask how many teams you have coached or Grey Cup rings you have won compared to him since you seem to have all the answers, but it would fall on deaf ears because you have had an axe to grind with him seemingly forever, culminating in your support of Joe Mack over LaPo when the team faltered with them both and you wanted to assign blame. So throwing your credibility chips in with Mack tells me all I need to k ow about your judgment, just as cherry picking one division final loss in Calgary against a Grey Cup winning team as proof that LaPo is a failure does. Honestly, if I wanted to hear from a clown, I’d conduct interviews at the circus. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I could point out how many times LaPo has had the number 1 offence in his coaching career, how offensive schemes and play calling kind of go hand in hand, how “not being a big play riverboat gambler” or “ball control limit the turnovers” is not the same as “sucks as a play caller”, how his conservative style may have to do with the weapons he was handed, or simply ask how many teams you have coached or Grey Cup rings you have won compared to him since you seem to have all the answers, but it would fall on deaf ears because you have had an axe to grind with him seemingly forever, culminating in your support of Joe Mack over LaPo when the team faltered with them both and you wanted to assign blame. So throwing your credibility chips in with Mack tells me all I need to k ow about your judgment, just as cherry picking one division final loss in Calgary against a Grey Cup winning team as proof that LaPo is a failure does. Honestly, if I wanted to hear from a clown, I’d conduct interviews at the circus. 

John Cena Oh Shit GIF - JohnCena OhShit Ooh - Discover & Share GIFs

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

To be fair though... the 2019 Grey Cup run was WOn on the shoulders of that dominant D, not because of Lapo's offensive playcalling. 

To Be more fair though... it's because of the DOMINANT D and the team, in all phases, were playing complimentary football. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy