Random Jets News

Other than Brossy, who we're not going to keep as he'll want starter money (and should get it) I'm not huge on any of those names.  I had hope for Monahan and Toffoli going into the playoffs and then I saw them go through the motions and show they don't really want to be here.  Monahan especially shied away from any and all rough stuff.  Do we keep him so we can make the playoffs?  Just so then we can bow out in 5 games? I don't know.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Other than Brossy, who we're not going to keep as he'll want starter money (and should get it) I'm not huge on any of those names.  I had hope for Monahan and Toffoli going into the playoffs and then I saw them go through the motions and show they don't really want to be here.  Monahan especially shied away from any and all rough stuff.  Do we keep him so we can make the playoffs?  Just so then we can bow out in 5 games? I don't know.

Yes SM is for sure a skilled player but there’s a saying in football that you play to the whistle and it just look like he let up on some plays but who knows what injuries these guys are playing with to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Disagree on Dillon and Monahan. 

think both go.  Sign demelo to play 3rd pair ideally with ville. Buy out 1 of pionk or Schmidt, ideally pionk. Schmidt and Samberg were strong together. Pionk made everyone including Dillon worse. 

trade Ehlers for a top 4 rhd to play with Josh. 

josh top 4 guy 

Schmidt samberg 

demelo heinola. 

capo etc 

Hope salomonsson is ready in 1 year when Schmidt’s deal ends.  He might he ready now honestly. 

lambert is a center right shot. Chibrikov a left shot right wing. 

connor lambert chibrikov 

Perfetti shelf vilardi 

nino Lowry (not Appleton) 

4th line of Barron Gus names. 

move out pionk (buyout) and trade Ehlers and Iafallo. Top 4 guy and draft picks. 

Edited by Goalie

All the best Rick to you and your wife. Enjoy your well deserved retirement 

Hopefully they do an actual coaching search but it’s doubtful. There’s so many names out there. 

I will always appreciate Coach Bowness for all he accomplished here and the culture change that occurred under his leadership.

I will not be please is Arniel is automatically anointed "The Next One", has he not been the one responsible for our abysmal PP and PK the last couple of years? I always loved the Jets 1.0 connection but he needs to win the job as the best candidate.

5 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I will always appreciate Coach Bowness for all he accomplished here and the culture change that occurred under his leadership.

I will not be please is Arniel is automatically anointed "The Next One", has he not been the one responsible for our abysmal PP and PK the last couple of years? I always loved the Jets 1.0 connection but he needs to win the job as the best candidate.

Arniel has nothing to do with the PP.

Time to clean house, new GM new coach, it won't happen but to dream...we desperately need a new direction. I just don't see Chevy making big changes to his core players. 

13 hours ago, bb1 said:

Time to clean house, new GM new coach, it won't happen but to dream...we desperately need a new direction. I just don't see Chevy making big changes to his core players. 

Why clean house after a 110 point season and the best defensive record in the league? The playoffs were disappointing, but why burn it all to the ground? That’s a recipe for no playoffs for the next few years.