Random Jets News

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Why clean house after a 110 point season and the best defensive record in the league? The playoffs were disappointing, but why burn it all to the ground? That’s a recipe for no playoffs for the next few years. 

Chevy gonna win gm of the year. You don’t fire Chevy after 110 points. Nobody expected the jets to even make the playoffs. I do think you could clear out the coaching staff tho and go younger. Give me the next cooper or Bednar over recycling coaches who haven’t won. 

id be chatting with some young up and comers if I’m Chevy. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Why clean house after a 110 point season and the best defensive record in the league? The playoffs were disappointing, but why burn it all to the ground? That’s a recipe for no playoffs for the next few years. 

I think the fact that we are not even competitive in the playoffs is more a factor, i don't necessarily expect us to win but damn we are not even in the series the last 2 years. I would add Chevy's strange aversion to drafting local products as well. You look at Seth Jarvis in Carolina and it keeps hitting me why Chevy does not want to draft local players?? Is it a fluke?

On 2024-05-07 at 8:04 PM, bb1 said:

I think the fact that we are not even competitive in the playoffs is more a factor, i don't necessarily expect us to win but damn we are not even in the series the last 2 years. I would add Chevy's strange aversion to drafting local products as well. You look at Seth Jarvis in Carolina and it keeps hitting me why Chevy does not want to draft local players?? Is it a fluke?

Part of it is the pressure on the local player would be insanity. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Part of it is the pressure on the local player would be insanity. 

Yes i agree with some but others( Dubois, and Tavares off the top of my head)wanted to play in their hometown, plus is not easier to resign a local player normally? 

On 2024-05-07 at 8:04 PM, bb1 said:

Seth Jarvis was NHL ready 😭

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Goalie said:

Jarvis would have been on the moose for a year here. Reality is he prob doesn’t replace wheeler Vilardi or Ehlers. He’d have been a moose. 

Out of the draft he made the lineup of one of the best teams in the league AND had 40pts. Perfetti over Jarvis has gotta be a major regret.

Bonus Rant: Vesalainen was on the 3rd line starting that year!

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I would take Gerard Gallant over him. Berube is being talked about as the next head coach of the Leafs.

Murat Ates of The Athletic gave a breakdown of possible candidates here (hope there are no firewall issues with the link):

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5475821/2024/05/07/winnipeg-jets-nhl-coach-bowness/

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Lambert replaces Ehlers and is cheaper. Ville replaces Dillon and is cheaper. Ideally you use Ehlers to get you a younger top 4 D. Preferably right shot. Move pionk then or Schmidt. 

Demelo Josh good pairing 

samberg Top 4 from Ehlers 

ville Schmidt ? Pionk? Free agent cuz money available if pionk or Schmidt Also moved. 

could be interesting. 

lambert Chibby big Salo. Gotta make room. 

I dunno, letting Dillon walk is stupid.   This team has no grit and Dillon was the guy that could hit people.   It all depends on $$$ I guess and I don't think he'll take a pay cut.

Whatever though, I don't know what the right decisions are for this team.   But yeah I wouldn't be upset if Ehlers is gone.     I'd find the money to keep Monahan. 

21 hours ago, iHeart said:

oh man, I know I said he underperformed this season, but I don't think I want him to leave quite yet.....trade Pionk first

441501923_968119785316125_85974377309879

2zjtkl.jpg

21 hours ago, Goalie said:

Lambert replaces Ehlers and is cheaper. Ville replaces Dillon and is cheaper. Ideally you use Ehlers to get you a younger top 4 D. Preferably right shot. Move pionk then or Schmidt. 

Demelo Josh good pairing 

samberg Top 4 from Ehlers 

ville Schmidt ? Pionk? Free agent cuz money available if pionk or Schmidt Also moved. 

could be interesting. 

lambert Chibby big Salo. Gotta make room. 

I agree - we've been like the Bombers for too long and not brought up new blood.  Time to take the bold step and start shedding guys that are good but are not the future.

I know a couple folks connected to the jets (they just know people) and they are saying it wouldn’t surprise them at all if Todd Nelson is the guy here. Coached under Bones. Chevy is a fan. Oilers kinda screwed him when he was there. Going for b2b ahl titles. Willing to integrate the youth. Jets job is actually quite inviting for coaching guys. They don’t suck. They ain’t rebuilding. Think it’s prob one of the top openings available honestly. It is actually. Don’t get the insane media like Toronto does either.  Not to often an opening for a team with 110 points opens up. 

Edited by Goalie