Covid-19

JCon

On 2022-08-23 at 8:30 AM, JCon said:

Well, Friday night, my littlest tested positive for Covid and the rest of the family has gotten it too. He got it pretty bad but it passed quickly  Luckily, my older son and wife recently got boosters, so they haven't had it too bad. 

It's completely knocked me on my butt. The worst head cold you could imagine and now, headaches, nausea and back pain. 

My oldest and I were supposed to run out of the tunnel, ahead of the players this week. That's a no-go. 

This will be the first home game I've missed in ages. 

Sorry you missed that opportunity. Will the Club let you do it again?

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Cancer and heart disease are not communicable. Pretending the pandemic is over is inconsistent with science. 

Nobody said the pandemic was over.   I said that people are treating it like it's over.  

99% of the places I've been are not enforcing masks/limited entry/social distancing.     Nearly everywhere I've gone in public has zero masks with exception of some of the older folks.      So I ask again where am I wrong?   

Just now, Brandon said:

Nobody said the pandemic was over.   I said that people are treating it like it's over.  

99% of the places I've been are not enforcing masks/limited entry/social distancing.     Nearly everywhere I've gone in public has zero masks with exception of some of the older folks.      So I ask again where am I wrong?   

I'm not sayin you're wrong that people are not wearing masks but there are zero health orders telling them to. What would they be "enforcing"? 

You're wrong in saying that someone is "stuck in 2021" because they're not pretending it's over like others do. 

And, with the kids back in school, we're going to be hit with another wave of illness and death. 

Where there are rules, people are wearing masks.

5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yet somehow here in Alberta the leading cause of death is now "unknown", 3,362 compared to 1,950 for covid.  It gets very little press, but is a worrisome number.  It has now beat out dementia, which has lead the list since 2016. They have no idea why people are dying for unknown reasons at a climbing rate, could be a number of factors.

Covid is just something we have to live with.  My two month old had it, didn't worry me for a second, he was sick for two days.  My other two had it as well, better in 2-3 days.  Kids are super resilient and the idea of shooting them full of covid shots is abhorrent to me.

Alberta sees spike in deaths with unknown causes in 2021 | CTV News

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I find that many business have signs posted that say masks are strongly recommended, but not even all their employees are masked. It's being treated as 'window dressing' at this point. 

As it should be, all they do is restrict your airflow.  Probably 1% of people are wearing them out here.  How many are wearing them in Winnipeg?

Edited by basslicker

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I'm not sayin you're wrong that people are not wearing masks but there are zero health orders telling them to. What would they be "enforcing"? 

You're wrong in saying that someone is "stuck in 2021" because they're not pretending it's over like others do. 

And, with the kids back in school, we're going to be hit with another wave of illness and death. 

Where there are rules, people are wearing masks.

Shouldn't health orders also ban all unhealthy foods since heart disease is the 2nd leading cause of deaths?    Shouldn't cigarettes be completely removed since it results in cancer and unhealthy bodies?   Alchoal is a luxury and not a necessity,  people are killed from drunk drivers shoudln't that be completely abolished?

We can save many lives by making simple changes but will society accept these changes that I mention above?     

I can't foresee the future and or make any sweeping changes but I will guess based on my own opinions that if they ever consider another full blown lockdown that society will simply riot and not accept it.   People in the last few years followed orders out of fear of the unknown,   I don't think tweets like the one above will have very much if any effect on anyone these days into scaring them into going back into hiding from COVID.     It's not 2021 anymore,  people know better and simply will accept that it's a part of now modern day life and will go back to attending school,  going to Bomber games,  going to restaurants and living life to the fullest. 

So once again where am I wrong in what I said in my original post?   Am I just really out of touch in saying that people are going out unmasked and living life similar to pre pandemic times?     

Just now, Brandon said:

Shouldn't health orders also ban all unhealthy foods since heart disease is the 2nd leading cause of deaths?    Shouldn't cigarettes be completely removed since it results in cancer and unhealthy bodies?   Alchoal is a luxury and not a necessity,  people are killed from drunk drivers shoudln't that be completely abolished?

We can save many lives by making simple changes but will society accept these changes that I mention above?     

I can't foresee the future and or make any sweeping changes but I will guess based on my own opinions that if they ever consider another full blown lockdown that society will simply riot and not accept it.   People in the last few years followed orders out of fear of the unknown,   I don't think tweets like the one above will have very much if any effect on anyone these days into scaring them into going back into hiding from COVID.     It's not 2021 anymore,  people know better and simply will accept that it's a part of now modern day life and will go back to attending school,  going to Bomber games,  going to restaurants and living life to the fullest. 

So once again where am I wrong in what I said in my original post?   Am I just really out of touch in saying that people are going out unmasked and living life similar to pre pandemic times?     

Um, smoking is definitely banned in public where you can make others sick. 

Your last line was addressed in my previous comment.