Covid-19

JCon

One hundred & sixty thousand people crammed into Stampede Park on Sunday as it was Family Day at the Calgary Stampede. One of the DJ's on radio here today said he's never seen so many people at the Stampede before.  Stampede officials expect attendance to top one million. With all the Covid variants circulating, there's going to be another wave here in Alberta. Our CMOH has disappeared. So has the Health Minister. Kenney's a lame duck Premier. He doesn't care. We don't get any stats anymore. To the government, the pandemic is over. I won't go within 10 klms of the Stampede.

I mean, I get what Al is saying, but a lot of those people are outdoors, where things are much safer. Would I want to spend time in Nashville North tent or the trade show exhibition halls? Not likely. But just wandering around the outdoor portion of Stampede......it's not as bad as all that. 

Having said that, don't get me wrong....... even pre-pandemic, I don't like being among that many people. My wife is going with her mother on Friday, but I don't think I'll be going at any point. 

it's the same everywhere... AB still at least 50+...might even be higher than that. Lame. I'm ready for that 4th one. Absolutely no reason not to get it the second it's available. This fall is going to be brutal for cases...

I've already had my fourth dose for awhile, my doctor unexpectedly offered it to me when I was at my last physicians appointment, and I thought "Fine let's get it over with"

and unfortunately I'm afraid that my cousin's wedding may have unintentionally turned into a super spreader event because my aunt's mother (not my grandparent though but she treats me and the rest of the cousins like we're her grandkids) tested positive....and I actually hugged her on sunday before we left my aunt's house, and now my dad ain't feeling well, Though a majority of the wedding attendees have all their needed doses (minus my dad's youngest sister)

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Regret not getting my 4th. Throat bad since yesterday but tested negative last night. Course i could have screwed up the swab. Decks yes. Nose no.

The rapid tests still are only 50% accurate- better to use your symptoms as guides.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

But our beloved leader has assured us that it is over.

I believe I can get my 4th dose now and finally my son is eligible to start getting vaccinated! I will likely delay my 4th dose until he is fully vaccinated. I am fortunately able to avoid risky situations (and delay my return to society) until he can finally be protected. Hopefully they will be rolling out the upgraded boosters by fall.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

well it took ten days but dad finally cleared that damn thing out, now we just have to wait for that cough to leave and for his sense of smell and taste to return

I thought losing smell and taste was a thing of past Covid strains only? Guess I am incorrect.

On 2022-07-14 at 2:37 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Regret not getting my 4th. Throat bad since yesterday but tested negative last night. Course i could have screwed up the swab. Decks yes. Nose no.

Well, if you tested negative then what are you waiting for? I was in Winnipeg on June 14th for a family memorial. My wife's cousin died . My wife & i got our fourth booster June 14th. They weren't offering 4th boosters in AB at the time. As of a week ago they are.

Got my 4th last week, the day they were available to 18+. Thankful for it....had 2 of my staff go down with positive tests in the last two weeks. Hoping to avoid my second go-round for as long as possible...

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, if you tested negative then what are you waiting for? I was in Winnipeg on June 14th for a family memorial. My wife's cousin died . My wife & i got our fourth booster June 14th. They weren't offering 4th boosters in AB at the time. As of a week ago they are.

Rainy day the day after cause I know I’ll be feeling sketchy. 

Apparently a virus is going around though, just not Covid, uncle has got it now.

At least until the next test…