Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jpan85

Lapolice to be name Ottawa’s new HC

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

When Nichols got pancaked I told my son that Nichols ain't as mobile as he was telling ebveryone he was.....

I still say it was Lemon and intention to injure. Was going to happen that game on the earliest play he could. Hate that F'er almost as much as Simoni.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I still say it was Lemon and intention to injure. Was going to happen that game on the earliest play he could. Hate that F'er almost as much as Simoni.

You should actually rewatch the play - there's no intent to injure.  There's an intent to strip the ball.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/26/matt-nichols-undergo-season-ending-shoulder-surgery/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

When Nichols got pancaked I told my son that Nichols ain't as mobile as he was telling ebveryone he was.....

The last two off seasons all we heard was about how Matt Nichols has worked out heavily and *bulked* up and how he's working hard to get bigger and faster. The guy just isn't physically able to take the punishment.  

On that play it wasn't necessarily his issue with mobility... just held onto the ball to long.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brandon said:

The last two off seasons all we heard was about how Matt Nichols has worked out heavily and *bulked* up and how he's working hard to get bigger and faster. The guy just isn't physically able to take the punishment.  

On that play it wasn't necessarily his issue with mobility... just held onto the ball to long.    

Running faster wouldn't have helped ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Not unless he grew eyes in the back of his head too.

Don't many good QB's have that instinctually built into their DNA ?

I rewatched the play,  he should have rolled out faster and kept moving....  if he would have kept running his instincts( took a peek back) should have let him know he was being pursued...

Edited by NorthernSkunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

he was looking downfield, someone lost their block, and then he got absolutely PANCAKED from behind.....it was brutal, and would have been the same result for anyone back there. Awful situation.

Not even close to the worst hit a QB took last year...  either something was wrong with that shoulder already or just bad luck from bracing himself at the last second

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not even close to the worst hit a QB took last year...  either something was wrong with that shoulder already or just bad luck from bracing himself at the last second

it was a bad luck injury...and have seen it many times..I actually thought it was a broken collar bone, but not an injury that resulted from something pre-existing, or from being weak/fragile...that notion needs to be stuffed away

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Not even close to the worst hit a QB took last year...  either something was wrong with that shoulder already or just bad luck from bracing himself at the last second

His frame does not help him with taking hits.   The guy is build more like an accountant then a football player.   

Some folks are simply more accustomed to getting hurt easier then others.   Look at Reilly taking an absolute **** kicking last season and he lasted longer then all the other qbs.  He's a big solid dude so he can absorb more punishment.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Don't many good QB's have that instinctually built into their DNA ?

I rewatched the play,  he should have rolled out faster and kept moving....  if he would have kept running his instincts( took a peek back) should have let him know he was being pursued...

Nah that was simply him hanging onto the ball a tad to long and getting smacked from behind.

A better example would be one of the plays where he's rolling out of the pocket at a glacially slow speed and then ends up crumbling once he faces some pressure.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Nah that was simply him hanging onto the ball a tad to long and getting smacked from behind.

A better example would be one of the plays where he's rolling out of the pocket at a glacially slow speed and then ends up crumbling once he faces some pressure.   

Isn't hanging onto the ball too long and stopping..... kinda the same as not running enough and throwing it possibly on the run ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lol @ everyone ignoring Booch, the one guy who has actually played at this level and knows wtf he's talking about... 

It's not about ignoring anyone, it's just recognizing that not all prospects work out and we haven't seen it from Strev yet.

I think Walters and Danny Mac and MOS know what they're talking about. Every player they bring in isn't capable of being an all star or even a starter. And as much as I respect Booch as a poster, his evaluations trend very optimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It's not about ignoring anyone, it's just recognizing that not all prospects work out and we haven't seen it from Strev yet.

I think Walters and Danny Mac and MOS know what they're talking about. Every player they bring in isn't capable of being an all star or even a starter. And as much as I respect Booch as a poster, his evaluations trend very optimistic.

Danny Mac's performance pre-Rigmaiden was pretty underwhelming. Should we lose Rigmaiden, it will be a setback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Danny Mac's performance pre-Rigmaiden was pretty underwhelming. Should we lose Rigmaiden, it will be a setback.

Completely off topic and not the point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Booch said:

it was a bad luck injury...and have seen it many times..I actually thought it was a broken collar bone, but not an injury that resulted from something pre-existing, or from being weak/fragile...that notion needs to be stuffed away

Nichols has shown he’s not weak but injuries are starting to add up...  I’m just really hesitant after khari’s shoulder - hopefully Nichols makes a come back - he’s done it before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jesse said:

It's not about ignoring anyone, it's just recognizing that not all prospects work out and we haven't seen it from Strev yet.

I think Walters and Danny Mac and MOS know what they're talking about. Every player they bring in isn't capable of being an all star or even a starter. And as much as I respect Booch as a poster, his evaluations trend very optimistic.

not neccessariy...I just tend to not post negative things on certain individuals..as I wouldn't appreciate that being bantered about..I do say things that aren't all rosey at times, but don't feel the need to much

As for Strev, I've discussed him and revisited his film from South Dakota and the last 2 years here with recruitors/scouts/coaches in the U.S at the camps I get involved with and they all say the same, he has progressed a lot, and needs what was mentioned in his pre-draft evaluation (which he is getting here) and that is patience and work within a system suited to him. Christ he's been here hardly 2 years and has done more in those 2 years than a lot of past/former back-ups that came to Canada over 3..4..5 years

You have to remember he was wayyyy under experienced coming in to camp and there was a lot of things he has had to be coached up with that he never had been before..and by all accounts has taken it in and ran with it (no pun intended) immediately...is a very quick study.

He hasn't had quality QB coaching...let me rephrase that "much" quality coaching and that's what he needed, and time to develop what he's taught...the main thing that kept him out of the NFL radar..teams don't have the time and money to invest in that in how the current nfl works, and would much rather someone else do it for them..Hello CFL

Interesting point to mention though that everyone who I have talked to about this situation with football pedigrees pretty much universally asked "wtf was Lapo trying to accomplish with him, and was on a quick path to ruining him) A sentiment I agree with...there I don't say things always trending on the optimistic :)

Also he had opportunities to attend some TC's as a camp arm, or a receiver/hybrid but turned it down..3 offers I am aware of...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I actually think Strev is a underrated passer. He looked damn good in the final throwing darts to AH33. 

Streveler is underdeveloped as a passer, and really needs an offense designed around him. Im not talking about just running packages. He has great arm talent. He isnt joe montana, and the lapo offense doesnt suit him well. Hes a more aggressive passer, shots down field, medium range lasers at the seam, if any thing more like what fajardo does. 

He does need to take another step forward as a passer, especially in reading and running an offense. His decision making isnt where it needs to be to be considered for a starting spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Streveler is underdeveloped as a passer, and really needs an offense designed around him. Im not talking about just running packages. He has great arm talent. He isnt joe montana, and the lapo offense doesnt suit him well. Hes a more aggressive passer, shots down field, medium range lasers at the seam, if any thing more like what fajardo does. 

He does need to take another step forward as a passer, especially in reading and running an offense. His decision making isnt where it needs to be to be considered for a starting spot. 

I actually don't think the decision making was the big thing he needed work on - for the most part (other than forcing a couple things here and there) the bigger problem I saw with him was a lack of accuracy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

I actually don't think the decision making was the big thing he needed work on - for the most part (other than forcing a couple things here and there) the bigger problem I saw with him was a lack of accuracy

And was it a " lack of accuracy "... or was it a timing thing with the receivers....  cause his timing was good when it mattered in the last game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...