2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

must be looking to double dip his final yr playing as pay is pathetic to jump to from what he could make

XFL salary structure

• Average salary: $55,000
  • Bi-weekly paycheck: $2,080
  • Activation fee: $1,685
  • Victory bonus: $2,222

A memo sent from the XFL to agents explained the details of how they'd be paid. Players will be paid on a bi-weekly basis with a base paycheck of $2,080. If they are active for a game they will receive a bonus (activation fee) of $1,685. If their team wins they get an extra bonus of $2,222.

According to the memo sent by the league to agents it says "a player may earn up to $4,947 per game week." That's taking into account half of the base paycheck ($1,040), the activation fee and the victory bonus.

Contracts for players in the XFL this season start from Dec. 3, 2019 to May 31, 2020 if they remain in the league for the full season. 

Just now, Booch said:

must be looking to double dip his final yr playing as pay is pathetic to jump to from what he could make

XFL salary structure

A memo sent from the XFL to agents explained the details of how they'd be paid. Players will be paid on a bi-weekly basis with a base paycheck of $2,080. If they are active for a game they will receive a bonus (activation fee) of $1,685. If their team wins they get an extra bonus of $2,222.

According to the memo sent by the league to agents it says "a player may earn up to $4,947 per game week." That's taking into account half of the base paycheck ($1,040), the activation fee and the victory bonus.

Contracts for players in the XFL this season start from Dec. 3, 2019 to May 31, 2020 if they remain in the league for the full season. 

That victory bonus is ridiculous...  first teams to have a losing season will be hard pressed to sign players

Bi-weekly equals hey we're not sure we'll make it through the season... ha

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

XFL salary structure

I'm thinking Green found out in the last 2 weeks that he was not going to get a CFL deal with much guaranteed money.

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

See on the twitter feed that SJ Green is in fact signing in the XFL...WTF? Did not see that coming. Seems like an odd choice. To from a legend in one league to a nobody in another. I guess he must be getting a raise?

The guy is 35, has made good money in his cfl and will probably be inducted in the hof up here. Xfl is probably just an opportunity to be close to home and still play. 

Just now, Tiny759 said:

The guy is 35, has made good money in his cfl and will probably be inducted in the hof up here. Xfl is probably just an opportunity to be close to home and still play. 

It is a fast track too coaching...  he will sign with Trestman 

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Edmonton's radio guy tweets Eskimos active in discussions today with Posey and Roosevelt...those guys get released, or is he reporting that the Eskimos are in fact tampering?

Posey was released but Roosevelt is still Riders property.  The tweet actually says they are still talking to Posey, which is fine, and they had been talking to Roosevelt, which is also fine (assuming those conversations were prior to yesterday's deadline).

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

See on the twitter feed that SJ Green is in fact signing in the XFL...WTF? Did not see that coming. Seems like an odd choice. To from a legend in one league to a nobody in another. I guess he must be getting a raise?

Apparently SJ has been helping coach the Tampa Bay Vipers receivers where Trestman is the HC, probably a transition into coaching in the works.

Honestly, I'm aware this sounds very nitpicky but I think the Argos should face some kind of discipline for Nichols' comments. The CFL made changes to give teams a "legal" window to tamper with players and if in spite of that, you STILL get caught tampering with public comments outside of that window? There should be some kind of discipline.

I think ruling them ineligible to sign Jefferson and suspending Nichols for 6 games ought to do it.

Just now, Mike said:

Honestly, I'm aware this sounds very nitpicky but I think the Argos should face some kind of discipline for Nichols' comments. The CFL made changes to give teams a "legal" window to tamper with players and if in spite of that, you STILL get caught tampering with public comments outside of that window? There should be some kind of discipline.

I think ruling them ineligible to sign Jefferson and suspending Nichols for 6 games ought to do it.

Last six of the year though, just in case he isn't healthy for June/July.