2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

Would love to have Willie back...but Jeffcoat I think would be the bigger loss..better all around every down player...there were games where we won..and Willie didnt do anything or even tally a stat..so we can function fine without him

The ace in hole is Mccallister..sure small sample size but in preseason was a beast..and came off couch and played ala willie in the edm game..give him camp and full season and he will be our rookie of year candidate...has better measurables than Willie...had more hype outta college..and is physically the exact same...we be aight...plus he will be about 200k cheaper..so him Roh and Jeffcoat can be a nice combo with splashes of the Panzer mixed in..I bet he really has a impressive yr this year..guy is strong as an ox and lineman had a tough time containing him..just imagine another season of seasoning him

i think WillieJ is a big lose. we have potential talents within our roster tho, emphasis on the potential.

the cap space that will be freed up will be very helpful to filled up our losses especially in the secondary.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

No I don’t. But I’ve never seen someone whine as much about Nichols as you, so figured I’d check in to see if you are ok

I'm great, thanks, and the Nichols whining has been performed by lots of others long before now. I haven't really said much about him at all. My post wasn't whining about Nichols. It was a playful jab at the person that made the silly statement that Nichols was twice the QB MBT is. You didn't get that?

Completion % - Nichols, 71.3     - MBT, 68 

Efficiency - Nichols, 107.2     MBT, 99.3

Interception % - Nichols, 2.1     MBT, 2.6

Remarkably close and consider that Nichols played on the best team in the league and MBT played on arguably the worst. It could also be argued that Nichols only played in 9 games due to injury and mostly against the weaker teams whereas MBT played 16 games and faced all the tougher teams in the league, including us and Matt Nichols, against whom he won!

43 minutes ago, J5V said:

I'm great, thanks, and the Nichols whining has been performed by lots of others long before now. I haven't really said much about him at all. My post wasn't whining about Nichols. It was a playful jab at the person that made the silly statement that Nichols was twice the QB MBT is. You didn't get that?

Completion % - Nichols, 71.3     - MBT, 68 

Efficiency - Nichols, 107.2     MBT, 99.3

Interception % - Nichols, 2.1     MBT, 2.6

Remarkably close and consider that Nichols played on the best team in the league and MBT played on arguably the worst. It could also be argued that Nichols only played in 9 games due to injury and mostly against the weaker teams whereas MBT played 16 games and faced all the tougher teams in the league, including us and Matt Nichols, against whom he won!

I don’t think Nichols is twice the qb MBT is. I actually MBT is the most underrated qb in the league. But my comment was meant as more of a jab at you. Just having some fun.

22 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

I don’t think Nichols is twice the qb MBT is. I actually MBT is the most underrated qb in the league. But my comment was meant as more of a jab at you. Just having some fun.

Well yeah, I got that. LOL! I'm all for having some fun so good for you, I like it!

There is something of a tradition on this site that if you make a statement, ie. post something as fact (Nichols is twice the QB that MBT is), you had best be able to back it up because you will likely be challenged on it. 

Farhan's explanation of why players and agents are frustrated is completely illogical.

He is making **** up.

Players/agents want some clarity. Hoped to get it during the tampering window. But instead there’s been a lot of, “if we dont get this guy, then we’ll pay you this much. If we get that guy, then we can’t. We’re interested but can’t commit yet”
Edited by Geebrr

36 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Farhan's explanation of why players and agents are frustrated is completely illogical.

He is making **** up.

Players/agents want some clarity. Hoped to get it during the tampering window. But instead there’s been a lot of, “if we dont get this guy, then we’ll pay you this much. If we get that guy, then we can’t. We’re interested but can’t commit yet”

Seems pretty clear to me

What seems clear to you?

Potential teams can't sign anyone and offers are binding post deadline.

You can't make multiple binding offers and be stuck with it.

If anybody is frustrated with the process you really had no practical understanding of how this would work. 

Teams are saying if  "X player" signs elsewhere we will offer you "X amount". How is that any different than what they hear starting Tuesday?

This is not meant to circumvent free agency. It is meant to limit the tampering everyone knows occurs, and give the pending free agent the ability  to know the offers  and current team a chance to re-sign them before free agency.

Anything else and you are simply talking about free agency. 

Edited by Geebrr

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What seems clear to you?

Potential teams can't sign anyone and offers are binding post deadline.

You can't make multiple binding offers and be stuck with it.

If anybody is frustrated with the process you really had no practical understanding of how this would work. 

Teams are saying if  "X player" signs elsewhere we will offer you "X amount". How is that any different than what they hear starting Tuesday?

This is not meant to circumvent free agency. It is meant to limit the tampering everyone knows occurs, and give the pending free agent to know the offers  and current team a chance to re-sign them before free agency.

Anything else and you are simply talking about free agency. 

You're pretty tightly wound, aren't you...

“if we dont get this guy, then we’ll pay you this much. If we get that guy, then we can’t. We’re interested but can’t commit yet” seems pretty clear to me.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You're pretty tightly wound, aren't you...

“if we dont get this guy, then we’ll pay you this much. If we get that guy, then we can’t. We’re interested but can’t commit yet” seems pretty clear to me.

No, I was trying to help you understand. I see now that was a mistake 😄

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

So if they sign Davis in the low to mid 200's..cant see Jefferson there..with him and Laurent and Willie that be pushing close to 800k for 3 dlineman...

Howsare re-signed too... he was good - I'd think he could reach six figures+ with game time bonus