The Trade Thread

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Man, that's a haul and a half for PLD.... nice work Chevy.

Very nice having Montreal in the mix to ‘encourage’ LA that the package they are offering needs to be on point if they truly want to land PLD’s services. And oppositely nice having LA in the mix and PLD saying sure I’ll play there long term because if it was just Montreal and no other team, no leverage.

PLD seems like exactly the kind of personality that wants to play in a market where nobody knows who he is day to day. I'm sure that going home to MTL has some appeal for him, but he wouldn't like that fishbowl one bit. Being in LA with no fans and just blending into the scenery seems right up his alley. 

A lot of players comming our way for Dubois......what's the catch??.....Vilardi looks like a nice addition....Hope we can get him to sign long term as he becomes a restricted fa this summer....The other 2 forwards have potential.....Going to be quite a change for these guys coming to our market BUT it might work out well in the end....considering we have a lot better fan base ....Good work so far by Chevy....surprising so far.....Now the fun begins with Helle and Schief

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

A lot of players comming our way for Dubois......what's the catch??.....Vilardi looks like a nice addition....Hope we can get him to sign long term as he becomes a restricted fa this summer....The other 2 forwards have potential.....Going to be quite a change for these guys coming to our market BUT it might work out well in the end....considering we have a lot better fan base ....Good work so far by Chevy....surprising so far.....Now the fun begins with Helle and Schief

Many catches.

PLD is the best player in the trade. He's now under contract for 8 years, whereas all the other pieces need contracts and could easily want out and we're right back where we've started. We've moved down from the 2nd overall pick, to the 3rd, to the 11th.

When we got PLD, he was going to be the centerpiece that we could build a team around. We don't have that guy now.

Edited by Jesse

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Many catches.

PLD is the best player in the trade. He's now under contract for 8 years, whereas all the other pieces need contracts and could easily want out and we're right back where we've started. We've moved down from the 2nd overall pick, to the 3rd, to the 11th.

When we got PLD, he was going to be the centerpiece that we could build a team around. We don't have that guy now.

Yeah, we have some depth players and no top line centre. 

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah, we have some depth players and no top line centre. 

It does improve the depth though. I wouldn't mind a more balanced line-up.

But yeah, with Scheifele's future also in flux, we do not have anything down the middle.

Just now, Jesse said:

It does improve the depth though. I wouldn't mind a more balanced line-up.

But yeah, with Scheifele's future also in flux, we do not have anything down the middle.

We'll have two third line centres. So, I have to think they need to trade Scheif for a centre or just accept that we should be rebuilding. 

Either way, next year should be a gong show. 

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

We'll have two third line centres. So, I have to think they need to trade Scheif for a centre or just accept that we should be rebuilding. 

Either way, next year should be a gong show. 

Maybe we can pry Hischier or Mercer out of NJ for Helle, throw in Blake as a booby prize.   I realize that means we're going to need a goalie, but hey one issue at a time.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not sure who we'd get back but I've heard Swayman replacing Helle for awhile now....

wouldn't mind if the Jets "sweetened the deal" with a draft pick and were able to pry Carlo out of Boston to give our D some increase in size.  I think we can all agree that the Logan Stanley experiment is over.  Maybe Boston can take him for their farm system?  Scheif plus Stanley plus second rounder we just got for Dubois for Carlo and Swayman.  Then deal Helle for a decent centerman out of Jersey and now it's just bye bye to Wheeler and see how we do in the draft.

32 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

wouldn't mind if the Jets "sweetened the deal" with a draft pick and were able to pry Carlo out of Boston to give our D some increase in size.  I think we can all agree that the Logan Stanley experiment is over.  Maybe Boston can take him for their farm system?  Scheif plus Stanley plus second rounder we just got for Dubois for Carlo and Swayman.  Then deal Helle for a decent centerman out of Jersey and now it's just bye bye to Wheeler and see how we do in the draft.

At this point I’d be surprised if the Jets do anything else. They don’t make moves they’re not forced into.

Theyll try to be competitive next season and see if they can convince Helle and Scheif to stay.

46 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Bergeron for Wheeler :D

27g31a for a 37yr old who just  won the Selke? Take him!

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg